Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Don
Quote:

is there any ham in hamburger?

Depends on the integrity of your butcher . . . or the slaughterhouse.
Footnote: view the video Food Inc.

John - can you post the song . . . or PM it as you wish.

Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Will do tomorrow. Admit to watching the Canucks with a few minutes remaining, My Mom was here for supper, it was good. Lots of left overs. Wish I had some wild garlic, I bet that's good for the cancer, but finding outside the otter wah valley is tough.

2 minutes left in the hockey game.

Hey Don, you are gonna like the next 2 or 3 songs....I've one for you done special...

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
That story JC, my friend is a riot! You've certainly know how to improvise! Very creative.

Best,

Last edited by Dan Tong; 05/09/10 10:44 PM.
Off-Topic
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
Re: J. Conley - Latest Treatments, EWI, and Food,

Sounds like a lot of hard work ahead with all of the treatments, and as I understand it is not so easy to keep your strength up.
Do the doctors recommend getting some Sun, in order to get a good blast of vitamin D (or take pills) ? Of all the vitamins, D has turned out to be the only one that's truly hugely beneficial. Research going back more than 10 yrs has all been very positive, whereas new research has sown doubts about many of the other vitamins that were at some earlier time highly recommended.

I'm even more convinced than ever that the EWI-4000s was the best choice for you even apart from not having to have a computer around. I've finally tweaked the sensitivity knobs and got the dynamic range optimized, so the sm Baritone Sax now sounds really good -much better than with the EWI-USB.

The samplemodeling software is much cheaper at this point than when I bought it -especially the all combo deal, due to the relative pricing of the Euro vs the Dollar, so if you're considering buying any check the prices.

I bought a number of Hal Leonard Play along music and the best one is Gerry Mulligan (vol #43). He composed all the songs and he plays them. What could be more fun than playing with Gerry Mulligan (assuming you like his music, of course)? The other play a-longs are mostly ok (I don't care for a lot of the soloists stylings), but the Gerry Mulligan volume is in a league of his own.

I'm glad to hear you're a good cook and your ability to enjoy food has not been been compromised.

Please keep us updated.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

Last edited by Dan Tong; 05/09/10 11:15 PM.
Off-Topic
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
We continue to pray, John.

John

Off-Topic
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
John C,

With all of the certified radiation that you got you can now truly claim to be one helluva HOT MUSICIAN!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm da bomb!

Another round of radiation today.

Then I played the piano in the atrium, was turning the pages and decided against Miss Otis regrets...lol, and did variations on Summertime, uptempo.

Along with But Not for me uptempo, and a few other songs I sometimes do slow but figured should be jazzed up to make them less morose.

Anyone have ideas on playing to an audience where about 25 percent from the look of them won't make it? That's a tough one...

Upbeat, easy to understand melodies...how about the Young Man on the Flying Trapeze???

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
john, the radioactive you hasn't scorched his sense of humo(u)r. been lookin for a great hospital story but lost it somewhere. will keep at it as its written in canadian so even you will understand it.

i love you jc.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I'm da bomb!

Another round of radiation today.

Then I played the piano in the atrium, was turning the pages and decided against Miss Otis regrets...lol, and did variations on Summertime, uptempo.

Along with But Not for me uptempo, and a few other songs I sometimes do slow but figured should be jazzed up to make them less morose.

Anyone have ideas on playing to an audience where about 25 percent from the look of them won't make it? That's a tough one...

Upbeat, easy to understand melodies...how about the Young Man on the Flying Trapeze???

I just did a gig at a retirement complex, they love Sinatra Rat Pack stuff, real book standards like Embraceable You, All of Me, Misty, Georgia, April in Paris, Funny Valentine, Corcovado, Fly Me To The Moon, etc. With all that radiation you probably don't even need a stand light....

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi John,

I have found it difficult to respond to this post as my Father had very similar problems so it brings back painful memories.
He was cured of his cancer but he was too frail to overcome the cure itself.
I find your bravery staggering.
Your humour is a rock you stand on and long may it continue.
Positive thinking will get you there.
I wish you well John.
All the best
George

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well most people thought I was out of shape. I always kept, throughout the extra 40 t0 50 pounds the core body strength my 6 foot frame should have had it was just padded. Now you see that again, so as osteoporosis dictated some tanning and I still through a dumbell through 10 to 15 minutes of workout a day I'm getting things like a strong young man like you should do fine on this, it's going to get very rough. OK.

Turn that back on the nurses and that starts the thing about my calling her out on the 16 year old daughter she must have adopted, was she that nurse in playboy I saw a month ago...yada yada....

Jeez I'm half bald, look like some guy from a British Tv show on the buses and my best asset is the wit. Funny cause I ordered that from a mail in course, 20 lessons on how to be a wit and the last half got lost during the mail strike of 82. (Ponder that a tad).

I wrote out the end game for the wife, a 20 minute masonic funeral with family, and my core friends after cremation. Paul the funeral director friend of mine sat with me and is giving me the 200 people chapel for free for that, and told me everyone won't fit. He claims I'm too modest. I have then 5 or 6 weeks to sit in the urn and then there's a party. I've done the video, music and me, music and everyone. Stories, photos, powerpoint. Redesigned a coaster my wife made for me, plasticized photos saying , "Have a drink on John.."

No regrets, except there should always be more music. A lot more.

And fun, if you don't have some fun, what's it about?

And mentoring..mostly my kids.

Stay thirsty my friends...

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I just got back from vacation and I’m catching up on the forums.

John, you are in my prayers.

PS – DO NOT take a turn for the nurse

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Man oh man. So many good thoughts, John. DON'T GO ANYWHERE for awhile, mmkay?

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Have You Ever Danced?

An old prospector shuffled into the town of El Indio, Texas leading an old tired mule.. The old man headed straight for the only saloon in town, to clear his parched throat. He walked up to the saloon and tied his old mule to the hitch rail. As he stood there, brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other..
The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, have you ever danced?" The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No, I never did dance... Never really wanted to.."
A crowd had gathered as the gunslinger grinned and said, "Well, you old fool, you're gonna' dance now," and started shooting at the old man's feet. The old prospector, not wanting to get a toe blown off, started hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet. Everybody was laughing, fit to be tied.
When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon. The old man turned to his pack mule, pulled out a double-barreled shotgun, and cocked both hammers. The loud clicks carried clearly through the desert air.
The crowd stopped laughing immediately. The young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly. The silence was almost deafening. The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin barrels.
The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's hands, as he quietly said, "Son, have you ever kissed a mule's ass?"
The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir...... But... I've always wanted to."

There are a few lessons for us all here:
Never be arrogant....
Don't waste ammunition.....
Whiskey makes you think you're smarter than you are.....
Always, always make sure you know who has the power......
Don't mess with old men, they didn't get old by being stupid. You can take that to the bank.....

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Don, if it was the season you'd have to duck, that quacked me up.

Reminds me of the old bull and the young bull on the hill and the young bull proposes they run down and get a heifer each. At which the old bull said, 'son you we should just wander down slow and git us more than one, no use chasing what you can get anyways."

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
john, lemme try this one without my sheet music...

seems a cantankerous canuck horn player, ex-fire fighter was in hospital (note the brit absence of the article 'the') and driving all the attractive young nurses crazy with his tactile method of communication. well, the old head nurse decided to teach the old flatulent a lesson so she entered his room and said: "john, (any resemblance to persons, past or present, is purely coincidental) i need to take your temperature rectally. now, don't remove this thermometer until i get back and she left the room and his posterior fully exposed to foot traffic in the hallway. he noticed that everyone going by would burst into uproarious laughter as they passed his room and that the old nurse was very slow to return. finally, after several hours of enduring the laughter and humiliation, the head nurse returned and presented john with the 'thermometer', a beautiful crimson rose.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Gee Don, nothing that good ever came outta me except for the thorn part.

I'm going to move this 'blog' / light hearted banter to the next phase by starting it as C.

Keeps there from being less than 100 posts in the way. I'm going to try and twist my experiences with Band in a Box into it as a retrospective and homage to something that has taught me a lot in humanity, musicality, international relations, and in general goodness. Of course the usual dose of humility, or lack thereof should also creep into the tone. The fact that in my mind PG music represents a personal but a national standard (for the most part) and that there remains a place for each of us to take inspiration from the best practices of others, while embracing those things we hold as ideals in our own personal circle of influence.

Now that's a challenge. Part Deux,

John Conley
Musica est vita
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,705
Posts736,255
Members38,548
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
guylamar2006, John Hunt, Oraus, KlaasB, Sid S
38,547 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181