Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Andy T Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I've set up the first verse and chorus in a song and have changed 2 separate bars from a 4/4 to 2/4 count (thanks to Rharv). I now want to copy and paste the 1st verse and chorus a number of times to complete the song. I find that the bars with the count changes are not copied and all the bars pasted are 4/4 time - the meter map doesn't show any extra count changes

I've got 'events' ticked in the 'copy' dialog box (all ticked actually except 'use data filter' - the song is all real tracks). The help pages are silent on this type of copy (at least there was nothing I could find).

I assume that it can't be done and I will have to manually add the rest of the song. Is this the case?

Andy

Macbook, 2.4 GHz, Lion OSX, 4mb RAM running Windows 7 through a Bootcamp partition,
750Gb 7,200 RPM hard drive, Ultra Pack fully installed on HD
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Have you tried pre-setting those bars in the later choruses to 2/4 and then doing the copy?

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I've got 'events' ticked in the 'copy' dialog box (all ticked actually except 'use data filter' - the song is all real tracks). The help pages are silent on this type of copy (at least there was nothing I could find).

Go up top to the "Window" menu and in the bottom half click #2 "Bars". Put your mouse in the upper left row corresponding to the first bar and swipe it across and down to the lower right corresponding to the last track and last bar you want to copy. That whole area is now highlighted, do ctl C, put the mouse on the next empty bar, swipe it straight down the same number of tracks as you copied and hit ctl V. Repeat until you're done. You can also do this right in the main track view by swiping your tracks but the "bars" window is easier and more precise.
You can also go into the chord grid and do all the copy/paste there and have RB generate the whole song. The advantage there is you can put part markers in different places in each verse/chorus to give you different substyles and drum fills and vary the performance for each verse. If you're happy with what you have and just need to copy it, then the "bars" window is the way to do it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
Andy T Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks John and Bob.

Bob, I've never used the Bars button before so thanks for that insight. it's another method of copying and pasting but it didn't copy the change in beats in the bars I've changed.

John, your suggestion works but in the end i took another workaround route.

I simply tagged the bars with 2 beats with a part marker then did the copy and paste. It was easy to then find the bars that needed changing to 2/4 beat and once done, I removed the part markers as they weren't needed.

There are no part markers in my song so that made it easy but I guess if there were a few part markers this method might be confusing so another method might be to tag the bars you want to change by entering a chord that is not in the song. That way when the copy and paste is done you could find those odd chords, change the count, change the chord back to what it should be before regenerating.

Thanks

Andy

Macbook, 2.4 GHz, Lion OSX, 4mb RAM running Windows 7 through a Bootcamp partition,
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Thanks John and Bob.

Bob, I've never used the Bars button before so thanks for that insight. it's another method of copying and pasting but it didn't copy the change in beats in the bars I've changed.

Now I'm confused. You said in your original question that the song is all Real Tracks, right? I took that to mean that one verse/chorus has been generated as all audio RT's with your 2/4 bars in there, correct? The bars window will copy as many of those generated audio tracks as you need.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Hi Bob,

I don't think you are able to copy the Meter Map and Paste elsewhere whether in Midi or Audio format. Maybe you should???

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Lyn, this is what Andy said originally and what I focused on:

Quote:

I now want to copy and paste the 1st verse and chorus a number of times to complete the song.

I take this to mean he has a short song consisting of one verse and chorus and either already has or is able to generate it. He also said the song was all Real Tracks so after generation he now has the song as finished audio tracks. At that point who cares about the meter map or midi, the song has been generated/rendered as audio and I'm only talking about extending the finished tracks from one verse/chorus to whatever he needs using the copy function. That's why I said I was confused and hopefully Andy will come back with clarification.
I think what Andy and a lot of people miss with Real Band is you can generate a bunch of individual tracks one at a time as "working" tracks in order to piece together final tracks, then it's only those final tracks that you use for your song and either delete or mute the working ones. For that matter, if you have the meter map problem and it's cumbersome to have to edit all those bars using the chord grid for the entire song, instead of copying, you can also highlight a section of a generated track starting at the next empty bar, and generate another 12 or 16 bars or whatever it is and you're not changing what was generated in the previous bars in that track. This is where RB separates itself from Biab. Biab users think they have to use the chord grid to lay out the entire song like you do in Biab but RB gives you way more options. I use the chord grid to generate different versions of the same track using different part markers for drum fills or substyles, then go to another empty track and change styles maybe reposition the part markers and do it again. If you want to hear what a different style sounds like with what you've already generated, only highlight 8 bars or so to audition it, the work flow is much faster that way. Don't like it, delete it, change styles and do it again.
This is only generating one track at a time btw, not regenerating the entire song.

Bob

RealBand
Andy T Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Bob, I think I understand what you are saying now. You are saying to copy and paste the generated tracks. This of course would copy the bars with changed counts. I've generated the first verse and chorus using a style in RB so what I'm trying to now do is copy and past in the chords window, then regenerate.

I've previously always generated entire songs in BIAB and then made individual audio tracks then import into RB. This works well but but messy if you want to go back and change something so I was trying to do it all in RB.

I can see that what you are saying works fine and I hadn't thought of that.

Andy

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Great, I hope that makes it a bit easier for you. When Real Band first came out a lot of long time Biab users thought it was just Biab with some enhancements. It's not, what it is is a complete DAW with some Biab features.
What I do most of the time is create the song from scratch in RB, I won't use Biab at all unless I want a midi soloist. If I happen to have the song in question as a Biab song I may open it up in RB just to get the chord grid but that's it. The biggest thing to remember is the fact that RB is not limited to using just one Biab style. The first 8 tracks will open up as Biab if you have it set that way and those tracks will regenerate if you change styles just like Biab will but to me, why bother with that, if that what you want to do just use Biab in the first place. The big deal is mixing in different styles on a per track basis along with any other midi or audio tracks. I just finished up a tune that started out as a good midi file I found on the internet. I started by cleaning up the chords. The automatic chord detection from a midi file is decent but not perfect. I kept the guitar, drums and bass from the midi file. I added a Biab guitar part using one of the rock styles, two piano parts using one of the country styles and a rock style, I then generated two different Real Drum percussion parts to mix with the original midi drum part and I recorded my keyboard for organ and strings. I played with the part markers with each one of the Biab tracks and probably tried out 3 or 4 different styles for each track. All of these different parts were used in different places in the tune. For example I didn't use the RD's together at the same time, one went one place and one went another place depending on the original drum track.
When you realize just what this program can do, you also realize it's an incredible program, nothing like it anywhere. Some will post questions about how does it compare to Sonar Producer or some other big name DAW. There's no comparison at all because nothing else will allow you to open up an existing song be it midi or even a studio production with real players that you decided you want to add some rhythm guitar to and you don't want to bring back and pay for a player to record. No problem, click on any empty track, select a style, select guitar and start playing with the myrid different Real Track guitar parts and/or the Biab midi guitar parts until you find one that fits with your prerecorded tracks. People will say you can do that with loops and you can up to a point but loops are not going to follow your chord changes automatically. It's a ton of work to get loops to do that.

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,748
Posts736,936
Members38,562
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
taylor davis, spec96, Nethan Paul, LesNewzealand, CCCreator
38,562 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186