Go To
#124450 08/05/11 02:15 PM
RealBand
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Anyone other than me have problems with this command? I set the "end of chorus" command to bar 180, but when selecting the entire track, I can only go from bar 1 to 99, as an example. So I go to the chords window and highlight the later bars to get a track to create beyond bar 99. This works, but it really slows down any productive activity. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, all!

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I may exposing my stupidity, but where is "end of chorus" command? Are you in BiaB or RB?

Select whole Track works here.
Do you have any data on the track between 99 and 180? If not it will not select beyond the data. Use From-Thru to set beginning and end by clicking the double arrows.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Control+A selects the whole track according to the data contained in it, but will not necessarily highlight all the track to the end of the song. One way to overcome this is to REWIND to the start of the song and Press F7 then REwIND to the end of the song and Press F8. Long winded but this procedure has saved me a lot of problems. Unlike PTW, RB opens with no highlighted region.

Bob, in the centre of the window above the Keyboard and to the left of GENERATE is a box which shows the End of Chorus. This together with the "Offset" and "2 Bar Ending" governs the automatic Generation of BIAB Choruses. I personally prefer to highlight the song positions into which I wish to generate.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I may exposing my stupidity, but where is "end of chorus" command? Are you in BiaB or RB?

Do you have any data on the track between 99 and 180? If not it will not select beyond the data. Use From-Thru to set beginning and end by clicking the double arrows.

"end of Chorus" bad choice of words/label for us non jazzers. "end of song" would be more appropriate because RB doesn't do the repeat stuff like BB.
That said the "select whole track' works fine here as well. If there is any data at all on the track it'll highlight the whole thing.
So don't know what's up with that issue.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Just my dime and just how I do it, when I lay the chords out, I add and extra 40 measures to allow for expansion. And when I start approaching that, I add 40 more. Then when I know I am done with chord layout, I go back and delete the excess from the end. THEN generate the song.

What function are you doing where you want to select the whole track? Regenerating it? If so, maybe just add a blank and generate it fresh, because you would then have to "ideas" and you could cut and paste as you like and seam them into one good track. I found RB to be a whole, great new world once a group of people taught me how to use it. One of my songs has a tenor sax solo that ended up being pieces of 4 solos stitched together. Track 12, 13, 14 and 15 are all solos and I took a little of this and a little of that and pasted them on 16. When I had what I wanted I muted the other 4, voila...

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Glad you are finally having fun Eddie. You seem to catching on to the 'tricks' (to get the most out of it) very quickly.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Mixed emotions. When a computer can play a sax solo better than I can.... the song sounds better, but I am replacing myself with a computer....

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Mixed emotions. When a computer can play a sax solo better than I can.... the song sounds better, but I am replacing myself with a computer....

Becareful, don't fall into this trap. I simply avoid any RT Guitar accompanyment or Guitar solos except for my own, even though I noticed the same thing.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

RealBand
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Quote:

I was talking about the button to the left of the "generate" command. It's the bar selection button for "end of chorus" in Realband. I changed it to 180. Then generated an audio track. The track only generated to bar 99 although I had chord notations to bar 180. Then I highlight the track and generate again to fill in bars 100 to 180. Why doesn't RB generate the track from 1 to 180 the first time?

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Okay, when you go to chord entry, you enter chords to 180 bars, right? Then you come back to the track screen. Do you already have ANYTHING generated and you added bars to it or is this a brand new song with nothing done yet? I ask this because is your song was 99 and you extended it, you would have to regenerate all and do a whole rewrite. I don't know where you are in the process though. I can say that I was working on one last night and did not like the ABACAB of it (my shorthand for "arrangement") and did a top down redo and then had to regenerate all to get everything to rewrite. That may not be your scenario, but just saying what I needed to do in what sounds like a similar circumstance.

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Eddie,

To follow up, yes, this was a new song. When the RealBand screen opens, I think the start of chorus button holds a number, the end of chorus holds a number (34 I think, for 34 bars) and the number of choruses holds a number (3).

I changed the number of choruses to "1", then I input chord symbols to bar "180", and finally I changed the end of chorus button to the number "180". Next I selected "generate track" and chose a Realband audio (not midi) track. The track generated fine, but only to bar 99. Nothing generated beyond bar 99. Then I highlighted bars 100 to 180 and selected "generate track" again for the same track, and the track generated just fine. Why doesn't the track generate from bar 1 to bar 180 the first time. THANKS.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
You are either in the wrong program or have things confused. There are no number of choruses etc. in RealBand. That's BIAB.Unless I'm totally blind.There's a begin??? & end Chorus.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hover over the two numbers next to the Generate button ...
I never called them that, but I guess that's what PGMusic calls them.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hover over the two numbers next to the Generate button ...
I never called them that, but I guess that's what PGMusic calls them.

Oh I know that Bob. The "end of chorus" is important for the endings to generate right. Not sure why there's a "begin chorus" but there's no "number of choruses". This is purely linear except for the repeat, that BTW makes my computer act up, in the Bar Settings..

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Open a stereo track in Audio Edit window, will ya?
I'm only seeing one side of a stereo track in 2011.5 build 4 ... Makes it kind of hard to edit.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I see both.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
arrgh

RealBand
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Quote:

You are either in the wrong program or have things confused. There are no number of choruses etc. in RealBand. That's BIAB.Unless I'm totally blind.There's a begin??? & end Chorus.

You are right. The default "3" is for the start of the chorus. The default "34" is for the end of the chorus. But that doesn't change the problem I have described so eloquently.

So, can anyone let me know why the track will not generate from bars 3 through bars 180? It will only generate from bars 3 to bars 99, which I described in a previous post. Thanks.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
OK I got ya.
If you use the "select whole track" command it indeed only goes to bar 99. Not sure why.BUT if you want the RT to be on the whole track DON"T use this command. Just choose the track by clicking on the far left so it turns red. Then rt click and go from there.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,646
Posts735,424
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 97
dcuny 89
rsdean 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.