Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Eddie if you want to mix as if you were mixing on an old school mixing desk, that can be done, but using software it really requires a control surface, not a analog mixer that has only audio connection to the software. Something like this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/computer-audio-interfaces-convertors/m-audio-projectmix-i-o The problem you will run into is that route can rapidly get expensive, especially if you want 16 channels. 8 is easy, and some units do expand. A typical mixer, or interface will only send audio to a sound card, or computer, and receive it. It has no ability to move the faders, and controls of the software to mix. So this is where control surfaces come in play.

I understand the frustration, and the fact you have a lot invested in the gear, and it does not do what you wanted. You bought the mackie board, the motu interfaces, and such, but none of these are control surfaces, and you are doing things kind of the hard way.

Take a deep breath my friend, and step back a bit. Figure out what you want, do the research and get the equipment you need, sell what you have, and upgrade if you so choose.

The other Option is to step back and lower your expectations a bit, like the rest of us do, and learn a process that is available to you. We all want the experience to be as easy as possible, but most can't afford to go out and buy a home studio setup that rivals capitol records. Put aside that RB is acting up right now, no software you buy is going to give you this capability with out a hardware element involved. Plus eddie as you and I both know you get a tad wound up, and jump light years ahead. Remember the sessions where we worked on your system online, it was not big things that were stumping you, but small adjustments.

It might seem like you left the system for the night and came back and it failed, but something changed, maybe not from you, but something like the screensaver, or powersaver settings are interfering. Sometimes when I come back to the computer and wake it up, it will struggle to start up for a bit, if you then add the pressure of trying to use RB it might lock up on you.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Just to defend Eddie a tiny bit I have to say this. What he wants to do with the analog mixer is not unusual. I used to do it, my friend does it and many others who want to run their signal through an analog desk for the effect. So let's stop bugging him about this.
I also said that this is going to be a complex system and it is however the biggest problem with the setup is the operator.He can not except the fact that even though he's an IT tech he doesn't know everything.Computers and audio have been and still are sort of a black art. If you have a temper and let little things bother you you are going to lose this fight with your computer. Trust me I've been doing this a long time.So have others.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, I think you should forget software recording and get something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKAI-DPS-16-Mult...=item1c21869bef

I've had one of these for about 4 years now. 8 analogue inputs for live recording and it can mix 16. I paid $600 for mine used, now it's $300. I know newer ones by Akai, Roland and Korg can handle 12-24 tracks of live recording and cost from $800-$2,000. They can do everything you want right inside the unit itself, no computer necessary but for me at least I convert my Akai tracks to wav's as one multitrack file and import it into Adobe Audition where the tracks are automatically separated for mixing. The new units can do a direct transfer into your PC via USB. I think some of these units can act as a control interface via midi too so you get a lot of bang for your buck.

And you have all those beautiful physical sliders and knobs to play with.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Quote:

Eddie if you want to mix as if you were mixing on an old school mixing desk, that can be done, but using software it really requires a control surface, not a analog mixer that has only audio connection to the software. Something like this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/computer-audio-interfaces-convertors/m-audio-projectmix-i-o The problem you will run into is that route can rapidly get expensive, especially if you want 16 channels. 8 is easy, and some units do expand. A typical mixer, or interface will only send audio to a sound card, or computer, and receive it. It has no ability to move the faders, and controls of the software to mix. So this is where control surfaces come in play.

I understand the frustration, and the fact you have a lot invested in the gear, and it does not do what you wanted. You bought the mackie board, the motu interfaces, and such, but none of these are control surfaces, and you are doing things kind of the hard way.

Take a deep breath my friend, and step back a bit. Figure out what you want, do the research and get the equipment you need, sell what you have, and upgrade if you so choose.

The other Option is to step back and lower your expectations a bit, like the rest of us do, and learn a process that is available to you. We all want the experience to be as easy as possible, but most can't afford to go out and buy a home studio setup that rivals capitol records. Put aside that RB is acting up right now, no software you buy is going to give you this capability with out a hardware element involved. Plus eddie as you and I both know you get a tad wound up, and jump light years ahead. Remember the sessions where we worked on your system online, it was not big things that were stumping you, but small adjustments.

It might seem like you left the system for the night and came back and it failed, but something changed, maybe not from you, but something like the screensaver, or powersaver settings are interfering. Sometimes when I come back to the computer and wake it up, it will struggle to start up for a bit, if you then add the pressure of trying to use RB it might lock up on you.

Rob, you missed out on the several other threads where several folks advised against the used MOTU purchase and suggested a control surface instead. If the problem is in fact PG software, then he should be able to connect the two MOTU devices and see the I/O on both of them without issue. I think there's a fat chance of that happening, but that's just my opinion. I don't have experience with the multiple MOTU units or even one for that matter.

Eddie, I also understand what you want to do - not unlike going from a multi-track tape deck to a 2 track mix-down. Try some other DAW software and see if you can shoehorn your desired end goal to the MOTU thing. You should be able to even get a free trial to try it out.

-Scott

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
What kills me if is that I know if I was there, I would make the thing do what Eddie wants (its easily done with a multi-out card) and MME would have absolutely NO affect on the situation.

Simplify it in your head. You want to send 16 outs to mixer (enable 16 outputs in RB output driver section)

Route each track to which of the 16 outs you want (using right-click on track and select 'port')

Play song and make sure it plays to mixer.

Route wires from mixer (your mix) back to input 1/2 on Motu unit.
Enable these inputs in drivers section (and only these inputs so they are default)

Hit record; RB should play the song out those 8 outs to Mixer. Mixer sends it back to Motu input (which records it) onto a new blank track.
If you hear the original tracks in the recording, it is an issue with the MOTU unit routing the outs back to the in.
The (often) complex missing part is the device mixer; you have to make sure all those tracks going thru the Motu on their way out are not getting routed back into the input side accidently. This happens when 'monitor mix' or similar is used in a soundcard mixer applet.
If you hear your new mix in the recorded track, the routing is correct.

I'm sure you can get the MME drivers set up again. The access violations are likely due to changes made to settings. If MME works, it'll work for this application. If you need ASIO to hear those outputs, then you'll have to go that route.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Some more updating to fill in puzzle pieces.

I put the computer together a few weeks ago. It has a 3.2gh Intel dual core, with 2gb of DDR2 RAM. It uses standard VGA drivers for video as I am using onboard video in lieu of a video card. 16mb or RAM dedicated to video. Also no NIC, thus no NIC drivers, and no interrupts of the the CPU for internet access or polling email. The only card on the mobo is the MOTU PCIx card.

The hard drive has Windows, the MOTU drivers, Real Band, and nothing else. No anti virus program or spyware program, as it will never go on the internet. There is a screen saver enabled, but no power saving. And just for the record, I have 6 PCs in my house and the only time any of them get powered off is when the neighborhood power goes out. They all run 24/7, without issue.

Now, someone mentioned "seeing" the MOTUs. The interface works fine. The audio port setting panel sees all 8 interfaces on both of the MOTUs. I have tested all 16 outputs with a short test song I wrote with an 8 bar section put on 16 channels of Real Band. Track one is bar 1-8, track 2 is bar 9-16, and so forth. Track one and two are set to outputs 1 and 2, with track one panned hard left and track 2 panned hard right. That follows through for all 16 tracks. As I play the song through, I see the channel one light on MOTU 1 flash for 8 bars. Then track 2. Then 3, and so on. When it gets to track 9 in Real Band, it switches to the second MOTU, and does the same thing with outputs 9-16 as it did with outputs 1-8. I ran that test many times. It responded that way (correctly) every time.

Then I tried the ASIO drivers. 15 outputs were fine. The very first track, which was routed to MOTU unit 1 and panned hard left, was overdriven to the point where I feared it would blow a speaker. I then switched routing so that track was not on MOTU unit 1 output 1 (though still in track 1 position in the Real Band song) and the overdriving followed the track. I then tried the ASIO4ALL and the result was exactly the same. So that means that whatever is in track 1 was being overdriven with any ASIO driver. But that is no big deal. I have never gotten the ASIO drivers to work before and didn't care then so I don't care now. (Now from that paragraph, remember mainly that Real Band saw all 16 outputs on the 2 MOTUs.)

Now on to the night I went ballistic. Actually the night before. I went upstairs, loaded Real Band, worked for 5-6 hours. Successfully. Mixing everything on my Mackie, recording it off in stereo to another computer running Adobe Audition using the original M-Audio interface I used to use. All is well. It got to be about 1am, and I had to get up for work at 6:45, so I called it a night.

(Pause here to note that I did not suddenly get the urge to dismantle and reassemble a running system. I didn't download new drivers, I didn't change Real Band's audio port configuration, I didn't run Windows updates, I didn't scan for virus.... I just walked down 12 steps, took a right, let the dog out, and went to bed. The only thing I even touched upstairs was turning off the 2 powered Wharfedale monitors, which of course has zero to do with the computers.)

The next day I went upstairs, nudged the mouse, turned the monitors back on and hit play. And I got a memory exception error. Okay. Only strike one. Cleared the error, which made the transports in Real Band non-responsive. I went through the task manager and shut down Real Band. I rebooted the computer. When I started Real Band back up, Real Band had lost my MOTU configuration so I had to reconfigure it all. Working from a cell phone photo I had to the prefs screens, I set it up exactly like it was when it worked. I loaded my sample song, not even the song I was mixing, but that 16 track x 8 bar testing track that I used to successfully test. I hit play. I got a memory exception. I did the same things again. 7 times I did that before I stopped and decided whether I would get the original hard drive that has BIAB/RB on it and throw the thing through the drywall or not.

I come back to the same question, spoken from the computer geek side of the equation. If there is an issue with my setup, doesn't logic say that the original setup would NEVER have worked? And from a geek perspective, "something" does not exist in my world. There is no "something changed". Short of someone breaking into my house and sneaking up there to make changes to my system, nothing changed. "Something" doesn't change by itself. Changes have to be made by someone. And while I MAY accept that Windows updates can at times cause problems, those updates would have to come down through a network connection. This computer does not have a network connection.

And that sums up where the frustration comes from. Had it never worked, I would surrender and say that it just isn't going to work out. However, I was mixing down the 4th song of this project, on the 5th day of use, when it started giving me errors. Does it not follow logic that if I had a setup issue it would have surfaced on day one, song one?

My issues are two. Why I suddenly started getting a memory exception, and where the latency suddenly came from (on day 5) that is causing the playback to stutter when nothing else in being done on the computer, meaning no mouse movement, no keyboard activity, no internet activity, no anti virus running in the background suddenly kicking in to start a scan.....

My trumpet player with his Mac G5 runs three of the same MOTU units with Protools and spent an hour on the phone scratching his head with me because he has no issues at all, and his G5 runs at 700mh. I am at 3.2gh. I am totally baffled.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I got this far...and stopped.

Quote:

Some more updating to fill in puzzle pieces.
I put the computer together a few weeks ago. It has a 3.2gh Intel dual core, with 2gb of DDR2 RAM.

Sorry to be blunt but, you need more horse power than that to run these audio applications without issues. Are those dual MOTU's internal cards, good god?? Now I know someone will pipe in that they are running on an old P-III, with a 512K of Ram but, if you want to do what you are doing it just seems to me that we are overlooking the 800 lb gorilla in the room,.....well, Nuff said.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Can we do a quick poll on our individaul DAWs in terms of processor and RAM? I'll start:
Intel P7 - 6Gb Ram - this system rocks and is very stable....

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
It'a not a matter of 'someone snuck in and changed things'. Picture this;
You did 87 edits in the previous 5 days of running RB (without reboot) then let it go to sleep. Some memory location got lost. (Exception error expected)
Question is did you change any settings to try to fix it before simply rebooting? In the frustration I probably would have so suspect you may have.
If so, those settings got saved and now you have an issue. I'm not saying this to sound like a pain, but rebooting before every session can save a lot of headaches. I learned that the hard way (but that's in the past on this issue).

Start over. Reset RB to default settings. Rename Realband.INI and RB.CFG files (in C:\Realband) so RB resets itself and rebuilds those files. This resets the program as far as soundcard discovery/settings. Then set up correct drivers in RB for MOTU. See if that helps.

Again; the issue with track 1 input (in ASIO) being overpowering is likely inside the MOTU software mixer (not RB). Been there done that. Look everywhere in MOTU software applet for any routing that may feed the track back in. This part can be complicated in the best software mixer routing, so be patient and look.

That said, what you are attempting should not require ASIO. Staying in MME would be more stable, as long as the needed output/input ports showed up in RB drivers section while choosing MME.
If not it is the MOTU forccing ASIO, not RB. If they are available RB will use MME (wdm) drivers. If they are not available (and the card requires ASIO) then you have to go that route, it should still work.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Give up guys. Eddie needs to figure this out on his own as he's more capable then any of us. Done.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
A clean reboot after each session allow the computer to clear it's mind. Letting it run for days with constant edits, and changes, additions, and such can cause a lot of issues.

Look I know that allowing a computer to run for ever can be fine, IF the Big IF you are not asking it to do what it must to function as a freakin' recording studio!!

What goes on in a DAW software /hardware package is so complicated to start with let along not saving and powering down, then allowing the system to fall into sleep mode, or such.

Add to that the complication of having a serious sound card /driver setup like Motu.

If I do not save, frequently i can risk losing everything. Rebooting is similar in nature. It allows the computer to take a nap, and wake up refreshed, find it's instructions again, relearn it's process anew.

I remember Peter Norton's book on computers year ago, explaining boot up. He talked about how boot up was like having to train a secretary to do her job each morning, giving her a set of rules and guidlines to walk thru. This makes the drivers, programs, and processes fresh and uncluttered.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Give up guys. Eddie needs to figure this out on his own as he's more capable then any of us. Done.

Yes you are so right.

I came to the party late and am still trying to figure our how/why we have two MOTUs - which appear to be a set of external mixers which are feed by a single PCi card from an 800 lb gorilla

Good Luck Eddie.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Are those dual MOTU's internal cards, good god??

The MOTU units are not cards. They are 19" rack mounted units sitting in a rack that is interfaced with a PCIx card in the computer. They use a "firewire like" cable running from 1 of 4 connectors on the card to the back of the units. I say "firewire like" because they are not the same spec as standard firewire. The CPU/RAM combination is not driving anything in the MOTU, though I am going to pop another 2gb stick in there over the weekend. Now, I used to use an M-Audio interface that connected through USB. The data bus across the motherboard is higher throughput than the USB port so the PCI card will not likely cause any bottlenecks.

Harv, I did not consider that with every edit and every take I was using cache, and now that gives me one more thing to consider. I would like to address one thing you said though. You said that when I rebooted I made "changes" to my setup. I would restate that to say that I reverted the setup to where it was before it crashed, and if that is what you meant we are on the same page. If you meant that I changed something, as in "set up something differently before you crashed" that is not the case.

And I need to clarify my opinion about "something". I work in IT. We do not accept "something". We have to be able to find "THE thing".

Let's say that on Monday, you ate oatmeal and a banana with a glass of milk for breakfast, carrots and celery sticks as a morning snack, tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, cheese and crackers for an afternoon snack, grilled chicken breast, roasted red potatoes and spinach salad with ranch dressing for dinner.

At 10pm you get violently ill with symptoms resembling food poisoning. You go to the doctor and he tells you that "something" made you sick. Well, DUH, doc, I know "something" made me sick. Is "something" a good enough answer or do you want to know "THE thing" that made you sick so you can avoid it?

Now, let's add to that scenario that you eat that exact menu every day and suddenly on THIS day you ate the same foods and became sick. I think you could then rule out the food itself and introduce the theory that another factor has been introduced, a form of bacteria, a flu bug..... but you can pretty much say it wasn't your diet since your diet has been fine forever.

That is what I am up against. Was it food that suddenly made me sick or an outside influence? My "food" went many days without incident. Suddenly, the same "food" caused a reaction. This is the logic of a nerd and how we troubleshoot. Look for commonalities and rule out anything that has always been the same.

When I first plugged in the second MOTU, that was changing "food" and when it bombed I expected it and corrected it. Then that "food" was fine for many days.

I just don't know. More RAM is about all I haven't tried yet.

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
>>>...Do you see why this is so frustrating? I lost a whole night resetting and rebooting to no avail...>>>

I certainly do.

My system is pretty old. I run a prgram called END IT ALL before I start RBand. It kills all the other programs running in the background. I need all my resources free to run RBand.

Dont know if END IT ALL is still available. You can do the same thing in Windows Task Manager

Flatfoot sez: Call me when 'Talent-in-a-Box' is ready to ship! -- [8{>

Got some tunes on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50
My BiaB lesson site:
http://jdwolfe0.wixsite.com/learnbiab
RealBand
Journeyman
Journeyman
I have used this program for a number of years now and had no problems?.. It keeps on doing it's job! I believe it's in your hardware! NOT the software.

( for what it's worth)

I'm doing allright for Country Trash ....

I used to care, but things have changed (Bob Dylan)

BIAB 2022W + RB
M-Audio FastTrack C600, Rode NT2-A
Digitech VoiceLive 4

Epiphone Sheraton, Ibanez 12str, Washburn 6str, Cort 6Str Nylon
Yanagisawa Tenor Sax

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, I'm really torn here. We've corresponded in the past and I like you yet you can be such a pia sometimes it drives me crazy. Oth, you're not the only friend I've got who's like that either and this is just a forum. Soooo much easer if we were all sitting around having a beer and figuring this out.

I'll say this. I've reported for years now that when I'm heavy into working RB, laying down tracks, doing a lot of midi edits in the piano roll window, moving track, cutting/pasting, doing some audio edits that I have to save/close/reopen every hour to hour and a half because I'll get absorbed in something and then suddenly notice one of many small anomaly's I won't describe here. They're weird, they change but I know when it happens sort of like the dog telling you she has to go out. I know it's time to shut it down and reopen and it's all good for another 90 minutes or so. If, after doing a lot of work, I left RB running for 14 hours I would be totally shocked and amazed if it even did anything. I think I would get a big yellow box saying **** you, leave me alone you inconsiderate ********* I've been sitting here bored out of my gourd all night!! Sorry ladies, somehow I think of RB as female.<Grin> She requires some care and attention. As do they all btw.

Do exactly what Rharv described, and I mean literally. Call him if you have to, he knows what he's doing, reset everything as he said and you should be good to go but also do what I said and don't work it for too long a period of time without closing/reoopening. It just needs to reset itself on a regular basis. Give it some fiber.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
Quote:

Eddie, I'm really torn here. We've corresponded in the past and I like you yet you can be such a pia sometimes it drives me crazy. Oth, you're not the only friend I've got who's like that either and this is just a forum. Soooo much easer if we were all sitting around having a beer and figuring this out.

I'll say this. I've reported for years now that when I'm heavy into working RB, laying down tracks, doing a lot of midi edits in the piano roll window, moving track, cutting/pasting, doing some audio edits that I have to save/close/reopen every hour to hour and a half because I'll get absorbed in something and then suddenly notice one of many small anomaly's I won't describe here. They're weird, they change but I know when it happens sort of like the dog telling you she has to go out. I know it's time to shut it down and reopen and it's all good for another 90 minutes or so. If, after doing a lot of work, I left RB running for 14 hours I would be totally shocked and amazed if it even did anything. I think I would get a big yellow box saying **** you, leave me alone you inconsiderate ********* I've been sitting here bored out of my gourd all night!! Sorry ladies, somehow I think of RB as female.<Grin> She requires some care and attention. As do they all btw.

Do exactly what Rharv described, and I mean literally. Call him if you have to, he knows what he's doing, reset everything as he said and you should be good to go but also do what I said and don't work it for too long a period of time without closing/reoopening. It just needs to reset itself on a regular basis. Give it some fiber.

Bob

Well I find RB buggy too, but its no real problem to me (after all its to put it crudely biab built on top of powertracks) For those of us who consider it a bit buggy and its not everyone just learn to live with the problem, it may never be sorted out!

It will do a lot of things that other DAWS can't do generate realtracks etc, and as I save often its no big deal to open it up again.

I think its a bit crazy not to reboot the computer every day or so and can only lead to problems, if I remember correctly Eddie the last major problem was because you failed to reboot your computer (sorry If I am wrong in that)

You do seem to have a very complicated setup so maybe more things to go wrong.

martin

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I would restate that to say that I reverted the setup to where it was before it crashed, and if that is what you meant we are on the same page. If you meant that I changed something, as in "set up something differently before you crashed" that is not the case.

What I meant was (and I know your IT troubleshooting attitude likely prevented it) when RB stopped working, did you try to 'fix something' before your first reboot? A lot of people would click right away on what they thought the problem was to start trying to fix it. I'd have likely started looking at the soundcard settings and tried a couple things (telling myself I remember what the original settings were).
I may be remembering right, but sometimes I don't, and I was wondering if you rebooted first thing, or tinkered a bit? If you rebooted right away I'd think it was more of a software screwup; a zero got changed to a 1 (and sometimes that means an ASCII 0 changed to a 1 in the text of an ini file in RB!). I've looked at them and have gotten pretty good at figuring out those couple files, along with the interface ini files. I've seen it change for no aparrent reason, or at least I don't remember telling it to make the whole toolbar disappear! No idea why it happened and never happened again, go figger.

Maybe the soundcard drivers got corrupted; have you tried the card in any other DAW software sine the crash? That may give a clue as to why you're having trouble getting it going.

You'll troubleshoot it and figure it out, but as a good habit, now you see now why we all say reboot (or at least restart RB) every so often; huge amounts of temp files and cache in digital audio recording/mixing/editing. I think you are a little more understanding of how it could have 'just happened', cause that's possible. Lose track of one little chunk of data and you could get that friendly warning we all hate.

Last edited by rharv; 12/02/11 04:55 PM.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
No Harv, I changed nothing before rebooting. It was after the reboot I lost my temper. After rebooting, I started Real Band, and audio drivers section, where for the previous session and several before it listed the MOTU as the outputs, was totally blank. I set it back to how it was. Same thing with the "access violation". 7 times. Reboot, reset, access violation. Reboot, reset.... 7 times. And I never "changed" anything, just put it back like it was.

I have not tried the MOTU card and interfaces with another DAW yet. In an effort to keep that system as pristine as possible I didn't load anything but BIAB/RB. That is next.

Come on down. You are just 4 hours away..... :-)

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Road trip with Beer!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,555
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 163