Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#182517 12/02/12 03:29 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I've gone through all the correct procedures installing Sampletank, authurisation code etc etc and its told me everything is OK you can now use Sampletank, but, when I keep getting this message every time I use it;

Registry error
Please ensure this product has been installed properly

Has anyone else had this message or is it just me?

This is the first time I've ever had problems with a new BIAB upgrade installation, but I suppose it had to happen at some point.

Keith

Just for the Record my system is running Win7 32bit.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 12/04/12 06:58 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Keith, based partly on your other question about PDF995, I wonder if your download is corrupt?

Anyway, we do know a sequence of steps to install SampleTank properly. I followed it during testing. I'm not sure the instructions for this were posted on the forum yet, but if you contact PG Music Support they can surely talk you though it.

I don't think the version of Windows you have is any reason for the problem.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks again for your help Matt, I have just downloaded it all again and its still the same, I'll try and find the correct procedure for installing it.

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
At last I've sorted out why I couldn't get Sampletank to work, apparantly I have to have BIAB set to "Run this program as an administrator". I just wonder does anybody else have to do this for it to work.

I've also noticed that on some demos the volumes of the HI-Q patches seem lower than the Realtracks, and altering the Reverb spinner doesn't make any difference, is this normal?

B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Hello, I have the same problem with Sample tank as a plug-in within BiB.

Of course I can run Sample Tank as an administrator when opening it as a
stand-alone application, but not when I use it within BiB.
Does anyone knows how to solve the problem?

I take this opportunity to give my "discontent" about the programs from
IKMedia. I have not succeeded up to now to use Amplitube BOTH in BiB AND
in Music Creator 6. It is one or the other with every time a new installation.
All my question sent to IKMedia in this respect remained unanswered until today...

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

At last I've sorted out why I couldn't get Sampletank to work, apparantly I have to have BIAB set to "Run this program as an administrator". I just wonder does anybody else have to do this for it to work.

Yes, that's the way it must be with Win 7. Lots of programs require you to be running your computer as admin.

Bernard, same thing for you but you didn't say what OS you're using. ANY question about these things must include a complete system description or we're all just taking educated guesses trying to help you. After you've confirmed you're running as admin, then make sure you followed the Biab installation process properly for Sampletank.

A quick comment about Microsoft and admistrators. I know it sounds stupid but this is their way of "protecting" you from yourself. They decided to use the same system they use for companies. In a company if you as a user try to install something that requires admin privleges you literally have to talk to the IT manager about it. Same thing at home except you are both the user and the IT manager. My system is set up so that it boots and logs me on as admin automatically. If you're not completely comfortable with that and like the idea of receiving certain warnings from your OS then leave it alone and you can use admin privleges as needed and then put it back to you being the user.

It's just something we all have to be familiar with, that's all. No big deal.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Veteran
Veteran
You can disable the UAC. Here’s how: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v...-windows-vista/

My music computer is off line so this is the option that I chose.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Bernard,

Quote:

I have not succeeded up to now to use Amplitube BOTH in BiB AND in Music Creator 6.

I might know the answer to this... assuming you are on Windows 7 64-bit. AmpliTube has both 32 and 64-bit versions of their VST plugin. I'm guessing that Music Creator 6 is a 64-bit program, so it needs to use the 64-bit AmpliTube plugin. Band-in-a-Box is a 32-bit program so it uses the 32-bit AmpliTube plugin.

The solution (assuming you have Win7-64 as I mentioned) is for you to run the AmpliTube install (just once more), and pay attention to the locations of the 32-bit and 64-bit VST plugins - make sure you are installing them to different folders, take note of those folders, and choose the appropriate plugin depending on which host program you're using.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any tips on getting HQ instruments installed on a Win 7 32 bit platform, when it starts with an error message saying it isn't a 32 bit product?

DrDuBose
"Gettin' a life."

music at
http://www.bandmix.com/drdubose
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi,

Quote:

Any tips on getting HQ instruments installed on a Win 7 32 bit platform, when it starts with an error message saying it isn't a 32 bit product?

If, by any chance, you're referring to a Windows error message that says "not a valid win32 application", this particular error is most likely caused by an incomplete file download. I suggest that you download that file again.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 12/04/12 06:57 PM.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Thanks for solutions from Jazzmammal and Andrew...
Now day time in Germany, I'll check this evening...
I use Windows 7-64bits and of course, I have set the
Amplitube at 64 bits accordingly, but I did not come to the idea
of installing both 64 and 32 and to install them in 2 different
files (perverse!). You never stop to learn!

Concerning the administrator topic, I know understand (It will
be the hope I will be living on today until I can check it)
that I have to start Windows (booting up) as an administrator.
I am not sure how I do that (thought you could only do this for
a stand alone program) but it will keep me busy this evening!
Thanks to all helpers, it's a hard world!

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I have set the Amplitube at 64 bits accordingly, but I did not come to the idea of installing both 64 and 32 and to install them in 2 different files (perverse!). You never stop to learn!

The problem we all face is digital audio work is not a normal use of your computer. There's a very small percentage of users that do this kind of thing. Since it's well outside of the norm, you do have to become a computer nerd in order to understand what needs to be done. I remember getting into this about 10 years ago and running into the same thing. I was just a casual PC user at home and of course used one at work too. My experience was very limited. Going into digital audio home studio recording was a nightmare for me at first. My comment was the same as everybody else's. "I just want to make some flippin music, not spend hours turning myself into a PC geek!!" Well, guess what, we do have to be PC geeks or we'll never get anywhere with this stuff.

Perverse is a good word for it. You have to do some basic reading about how most 32 bit applications work fine in a 64 bit OS yet 32 bit audio plugins will NOT work. We're in a transistion period right now between 32 and 64 bit. 64 bit has major advantages but not everything works with it as you've just discovered but it can be MADE to work with some tweaking from you. Welcome to the world of computer nerds. And, it's always been like this with digital audio (and home video editing too) and I doubt it's going to change.

We're the bottom feeders in the PC universe. There are few of us in the big picture and that makes us pretty much on our own with very little support from either Microsoft or the PC makers. It's all small independent companies like PG Music, IKM and digital interface makers who all have to try to make their stuff work in a hostile Windows environment that was not designed for this.

Forums like this one are the best places to learn from other users because the big companies don't give a rip about us.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
So, Jazzmammal, you are 100% right...
I am now back home, try to have the f.. Sample Tank working and it simply does not.
Yesterday, going through the mixer/Plug-ins I could call it, only I would have a reminder asking me to re-open it as an administrator.
Today, I have downloaded the new patch 363 and (of course, I dont know if there is a relation) nothing works...
Of course I have installed the programm and have under C/Program files (x86)/IKMultiMedia/SampleTank 2,5/Instruments the file "Band in a Box" added to the ones I had before (I already had Sample tank free). All different instruments are there (bass, drums, guitar, piano, strings) with all files like grand piano.stip or grand piano.sth
Just the same, when from within BiB I call "select Hi Q Midi Synth patch", I see all the for BiB available instruments like "High Q 001 01 under SteinbergDrums...". But when I click the instrument nothing happens (BiB cannot load Sample Tank, I guess).
Nice, what do i do now?
I tried to go through the mixer and under an instrument to load a "new" VST Synth.
I land under Steinberg/VST Plug in and check "Sample Tank2.x.dll" the only one "Sample tank"that I find there and BiB does not accept the .dll
End of the procedure.
OK, I might consider to open a new account by IK Multimedia, forgetting the "old" registration i already had there for the free version of sample tank.
If I go this way, I have to go through the IKMultimedia registering procedure and I some point I am asked to give a software code that I do not have...
end of the procedure.
Of course I can give the software code I (already) had for Sample Tank free, but this where the proble seems to lie...
Sorry for the long explanations, but I would like to hear the samples chosen by BiB.
Bernard

Apprentice
Apprentice
That's the message, Andrew, and I can't get HQ...exe to load yet... will try again.. (Have turned off Norton...) no luck yet. Thx for contact..

DrDuBose
"Gettin' a life."

music at
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Bernard,

Quote:

I see all the for BiB available instruments like "High Q 001 01 under SteinbergDrums...". But when I click the instrument nothing happen

Check if you have "Use VST/DXi synth" selected in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog...

Then on the main screen select the Hi-Q instrument for a track. You should see a label like this:

If you were to open the VST/DXi plugins window (click on the VSTi Plugins button on the main toolbar), and select the Piano track, you should see something like this:

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello DrDuBose

Ok, you'll need to download that file again, something went wrong with your download.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
I refuse to use ANY software that treats me like a war criminal in order to use it. This "Multimedia Authorization Manager" is stuff the Taliban dreams up. I'd rather just buy hardware than deal with a software company like IK. These people suck BIG TIME !!! They are an insult to the industry.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Philly Jazz just said exactly what I tried to explain a few days ago...
These procedures from IKMultimadia are much too much complicated...

Anyway, I proudly announce that "I have made it" and the thing works now...

Andrew, thanks again for your explanations...
Actually I do not want to switch to "use the VST" check because I am using the Ketron
as my main source. So I change the track to "VST-Sample tank" and then change or set the instrument. Because of all the time spent to have the set up working, I did not have the time to try all available instruments... I will tonight.
Once again thanks to all, nice not to be left alone in this cruel software world!

B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Ooops! forgot to explain that I have solved the "administrator" problem by following the JFord instructions which were very clear (JFord, you should work at IKMultimedia and develop there the "instructions for use"!)

Apprentice
Apprentice
Andrew, I forgot to turn off the Norton firewall, which demonically removed the 375MB hiq instruments. download about half a dozen times, before I was able to get it downloaded... No error message upon loading, and am exploring the new instruments. Thanks for helping keep me engaged... And Happy Holidays!

DrDuBose
"Gettin' a life."

music at
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,665
Posts735,634
Members38,533
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 176