Hi,

I've asked this question before in a round about way, but I'd like to ask for this feature again. What I'd like to be able to do is to send MIDI commands into Band in a Box on an unused channel of my own choosing (let's say 16). I'd like to be able to control the following:

1. Start/Stop/Rewind/Fast Forward
2. Individual Part Volumes
3. Individual Reverb Depths
4. Mute/Solo

I'm currently working around Band in a Box current implementation with a piece of software that lets me receive MIDI controller information and then sends volume up and down commands to Band in a Box using control codes (Ctrl-Shift W and Q to move the bass volume up and down in increments of 5, etc). For reverb settings, it gets a lot crazier. I have to receive unused MIDI controller numbers and then send mouse movements to Band in a Box to select the correct part and then move both the Acoustic and MIDI reverb settings up and down for that part. That's because I can't be sure whether one of my parts is a Real Track/Real Drums or a MIDI track.

This would be a whole lot easier if you kind folks would consider adding the ability to send assignable MIDI commands into Band in a Box for certain parameters. I realize that this could get out of hand very quickly, but I think that starting with the basic commands listed above would be very useful for guys like me who use BiaB on gigs sometimes and want a full fader panel of controls for all parts.

Thanks and have great holidays.
Bill

Last edited by Bill Lyons; 12/10/12 10:14 AM.