Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Ola Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi, I'm using PT 2010(4) and there is something wrong with the Edit|Length of midi function. Regardless of if I'm trying to lengthen or shorten a phrase it always comes out shortened. I vaguely recall reporting this some years ago.

Has it been fixed. Or do I have to buy a new version? Or is the bug still there in PT 2013?

Maybe I should update anyway, but I'm not sure there are any new features I will have any use of? I'm mainly interested in a stable, fast working environment and I cant even get PT properly working on my win7 computer, so I still use it on my XP. Every time I exit PT on windows 7 I get an error message "Power tracks have stopped working". This gets irritating and sometimes happen when I'm working on a track too.

If you can sell me on the need for a update I'd be glad to fork out $29, but right now I'm not so enthusiastic.

www.athleticdesign.se - lean clean games
PowerTracks Pro Audio
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ola.

I've not found any problems with the EDIT LENGTH function in PT 2013. Perhaps if you give us more detail about how you're using it we might spot a solution to your problem. Your crashes could be due to lots of different things such as incompatible plugins, which may not be the fault of PT.

I've used every version since PT went audio around PT7 and found it to be incredibly stable under both XP PRO and WIN 7. There have been several useful features added since PT2010 and I would certainly think the cost was more than worth the upgrade.

ROG.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Ola Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi and thanks for your reply!

Perhaps the EDIT LENGTH function has been fixed then. I have used PT since 2001 and never had any problem with the function until I updated to PT2010. No matter what I do the midi notes are shortened 50 %. It just doesn't work at all and I used to use the function all the time in previous versions of PT. So, it is a little bit irritating having to edit each note manually now.

The crashes might be due to a plugin. I don't know. I hardly have any installed since I don't use PT on my win7 anymore. But every single time I try it I get the following crash when I close the program:

(error information in swedish)

Problemhändelsens namn: APPCRASH
Programnamn: ptw.exe
Programversion: 2010.0.0.4
Programtidsstämpel: 2a425e19
Namn på felmodul: atiumdva.dll
Modulens version: 8.14.10.283
Tidsstämpel för felmodul: 4cda02d1
Undantagskod: c0000005
Undantagsförskjutning: 00001675
OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Språkvariant-ID: 1053
Ytterligare information 1: 0a9e
Ytterligare information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Ytterligare information 3: 0a9e
Ytterligare information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

$29 is indeed very cheap for the upgrade but I might try unistalling PT2010 and reinstall PT 11 on XP instead. Everything used to work fine and I don't really have the time to learn new features at the moment. I just need to get a song done. But I'll do a quick read up on the versions post 2010. Maybe there is something of use to me.

Last edited by Ola; 08/28/13 05:34 PM.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi,

I did a Google search for info on that "atiumdva.dll" file mentioned in the error message, and it appears to be a driver for an ATI video card. Reinstalling the latest drivers for your video card may help.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Ola Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi Kent, that makes sense.

But when I tried reinstalling the driver I was told I already had the latest one. So no luck, I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway!

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Did you trust windows to check for the latest driver or go to the actual manufacturer's website and check there?
I've seen Windows say you have the latest driver when really you don't.

Video drivers are such a hit/miss issue, I wish they'd get more reliable.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Ola Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I was foolish enough to trust windows. I went to the graphics car's website now and found and installed a much later version than the one I had. And, yes! That did the trick!

Thanks smile

I still have lots of issues with PT on windows 7 (sounds, Tascam interface and ASIO) which I don't have the time and money to sort out, so I'll stick to my old XP with the SB X-fi (which I love) to write and produce songs quickly. But nice anway to be able to load up some midis on PT on my main workstation without crashing it all the time. (Mixcraft works better on my win7 machine but I prefer the comfort and notation of PT so I'm really reluctant to change.)

Last edited by Ola; 08/29/13 09:09 PM.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Glad that helped

Your Win7 issues are likely the same kind of battle; just need the right stuff (hardware/drivers)
Which Tascam?

And as always, if you think ASIO may be the issue, confirm by trying MME drivers.
Then you can decide if the benefits of ASIO are worth putting time into solving.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Ola Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

I have a Tascam US-122mkII. It works fine in some respects but I don't understand the mixer (or rather lack of it) which of course is no fault of PT. I really miss being able to record "what u hear" like I did with all my old SB-live and X-fi cards. I still have favorite soundfonts that I use a lot, especially in the early stages of songwriting. This alone makes my XP with X-fi my computer of choice for music production

ASIO is mostly just a mess. Sometimes it seems to work for a few seconds, then everything crashes or the sound gets so loud and distorted I have to make a leap for the volume controls. MME-drivers work fine though.

Last edited by Ola; 09/03/13 11:12 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,720
Posts736,479
Members38,555
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
John Dharmawan, hughesai, BabzColl, bluejaffa, SLM
38,554 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 187