#277003 12/29/14 06:41 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
M
maiki Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
M
I have the 2014 Ultra Plus Pak. (I have bought that package for years.)

However, for 2015, wondering if buying the Plus Pak 2015 (non-ultra) would give me everything that is new for 2015 (added to what I have already in the 2014 Ultra Plus Pak), or do I have to buy the Ultra Plus Pak again to get everything?

If I bought the (non-ultra) Plus Pak 2015 to install over my Ultra Plus Pak 2014, what would I be missing (as compared to if I bought the Ultra Plus Pak for 2015.

Not to be looked at as a first time buyer purchasign one of those two packages--then there is clearly a huge difference. But for someone who already has Ultra 2014?

Thanks for the input.

maiki #277007 12/29/14 06:54 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Seeing as you have the 2014 Ultra Plus Pack already, buying the $99 2015 Plus PAK upgrade will give you everything NEW in BIAB 2015. This package will then be made available to you as download links and will be shipped to you as DVDs.

If you truly want everything, however, you'll probably also want to add the $49 49-PAK bonus pack, which brings you completely up-to-date.

Of course, for $40 more ($139), you can go ahead and get the UltraPlusPak upgrade, which essentially is the price of the external hard drive (which can serve as your backup) added to the price of the Plus Pack upgrade (but gives you a complete installation of everything in the UltraPlusPak). You would still probably want the 49-pak on top of that.

Hope that helped.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
maiki #277029 12/29/14 10:49 AM
M
maiki Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
M
Thanks for the reply, jford.

I don't completely understand it though.

Your first sentence says that buying the $99 Plus Pak upgrade will give me everything new for 2015. Since I already have everything old (the 2014 ultra plus pak), I assume that means I would have everything.

But then you suggest buying the $49 49 bonus pak on top of that. What would that give me that I would not already have with the 2014 ultra plus pak and the 2015 plus pak?

Oh now I see that you also would recommend buying the 49 bonus pak if I bought the 2015 ultra plus pak. Why?

It also sounds like you are saying that the only thing I would get in addition if I bought the 2015 ultra pak rather than the $99 plus pak is the HDD. Is that correct?

Thank you (and anyone who answers) for your input.

maiki #277031 12/29/14 11:07 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Here is how I understand it
1) $49 will get you the program only on Disk
2) $99 will get you the program and all new RT's plus the free bonus pack on Disk.
3) $139 will get you the program and all new RTs plus the free bonus pack plus ALL the OLD stuff on a single HD.

The extra bonus packs are just that, they are extra.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

maiki #277034 12/29/14 11:17 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Maiki,

Here's a link that explains about the bonus packages and BIAB 2015 in more detail.

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2015.htm

As far as I can tell, the $20 bonus pak is free (as Dan indicates). The $49 bonus pak has additional items and this one is not free.

At this stage, it might pay to use Live Chat and to talk directly to PG Music staff. There is also a toll-free phone number. (Contact details are found under the "Support" link at the top of the webpage.)

All the best for 2015,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
DrDan #277035 12/29/14 11:18 AM
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
The $49 disk simply upgrades the programs (BiaB/RB).
It does not come with ANYTHING else.
No Real Tracks/Drums. No Bonus Packs.

Boyd
Win10 - 16GB-RAM - BiaB 2019 - Mixbus 4 - Slate Bundle - Komplete 10 - Ozone 8 - Neutron 2 - Waves Gold
Ample Sound Guitars & Basses - Pianoteq 6 - SSD5 - SD3 - JamStix 4 - Omnisphere - UVI Falcon - EastWest Play
Sonarworks Reference 4 -
DrDan #277105 12/30/14 12:48 AM
M
maiki Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
M
IT does sound like the $99 Plus Pak will get me all the same software as the $139 Ultra Plus Pak (only without the HDD), as I already have all the old stuff (2014 ultra pak)

Are all reading in agreement about that point?

I am not at all sure that the $49 Bonus Pak would give me anything extra. It has more RealTracks, etc. But wouldn't I already have all the RealTracks, etc, with the Ultra or Plus Pak? I think the bonus paks are for people who just buy the basic program, not for those who buy plus or ultra which already has everything. Is that correct, or not?

Anyone reading from PG Music, who could answer the questions definitively?

Thank you for your input.

maiki #277106 12/30/14 01:01 AM
Veteran
Veteran
maiki,

The $49 bonus package does give some extra Realtracks and other items that are not included elsewhere. It's simply a matter of weighing up whether or not you want them.

Historically, this has always been the case with PG Music since I bought my first version in 2006. Items released in the Bonus Paks are always extra to what's provided with the the 'full' package. Because these 'bonus pak' extras are usually never revisited by PG Music, it makes me think that copyright on these items is limited and restricted to a once off event (hence the need to release them differently).

Also, I have never known PG Music staff to use these users' forums for sales related discussions. Because of this, you will need contact them directly in relation to your questions. As I mentioned before, "Live Chat" will let you talk to staff in real-time.

Hope this helps,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
maiki #277231 12/30/14 02:44 PM
Veteran
Veteran
maiki,

The below text is taken from PG Music's description of the bonus packages with 2015 ...

• Band-in-a-Box 2015 Includes a FREE BONUS PAK Until Dec 31st!

Purchase your Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows during our special, and you'll receive a FREE BONUS PAK packed with 5 MIDI SuperTracks, 5 Artist Performances and 5 Instrumental Studies!

Upgrade to the 20-PAK for only $20, to receive 10 more UNRELEASED RealTracks, 20 Artist Performances, 10 Instrumental Studies, and 10 MIDI SuperTracks. Or upgrade to the 49-PAK for just $49 and get ALL 49 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 46 Artist Performances, 15 MIDI SuperTracks and 18 Instrumental Studies!

These items aren't included in any other Band-in-a-Box package.

I hope this helps clarify things. With December 31 just around the corner, it might be wise to chat to a PG Music representative soon if you wish to find out more.

Kind regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,699
Posts736,171
Members38,546
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
John Hunt, Oraus, KlaasB, Sid S, Uncle Hemi
38,546 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173