Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I know I just saw something about this recently, but I can't seem to search intelligently enough to zero in on what I need.

I have a project that generates fine in BIAB. I save the MGU file, and open it in RB.

Drums do not generate, and I get an error saying that the directory RB expects to find them in does not exist.

I thought I saw an explanation of how to edit something that has some real drums in the wrong place making RB unable to find them. If anybody finds it before I do, please holler at me. Thanks.

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking...

update...
I can't get ANY drums to generate!

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
I know I just saw something about this recently, but I can't seem to search intelligently enough to zero in on what I need.

I have a project that generates fine in BIAB. I save the MGU file, and open it in RB.

Drums do not generate, and I get an error saying that the directory RB expects to find them in does not exist.

I thought I saw an explanation of how to edit something that has some real drums in the wrong place making RB unable to find them. If anybody finds it before I do, please holler at me. Thanks.

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking...

update...
I can't get ANY drums to generate!

Pat
You might have to go looking in BiaB for these settings. RealBand uses the file locations from BiaB as far as i can tell.
Options > Preferences > RealDrums and check that the folder shown exists and it contains the drums.
I think this is related anyway, others may chime in with more info.
Trevor

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2015-01-16_18-22-06.jpg (204.96 KB, 91 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
S
Expert
Expert
S

and click Update in RD picker.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Ahhh
That's the dialog I was actually looking for
Thanks SR

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Pat,

Sometimes, when RB stops doing what it does, a reset works. I don't know if you have Silvertones reset program that he wrote. If not ....

... reset RB to factory settings by renaming the EALBAND.INI file and RB.CFG to something like REALBAND.INI.OLD and RB.CFG.OLD.

I'm pretty sure you know all this but, just in case ...

Doing the above renaming will effectively "delete" those files so that RB is forced to create new ones (thus the factory rest). If the problem is not solved by doing this, you can always delete the newly created files and then return the original files to their original names.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Did all that. Reset to factory doesn't fix this.

The error message saying the directory does not exist is wrong... the directory DOES exist, and the real drum is in it

The same song in BIAB finds and plays the real drum... so the directory settings in BIAB are correct. Its only in RB that I can't generate realdrums.

I'm wondering if that last blue screen crash changed something on the hard drive that RB needs. As I write this I'm reloading everything from the USB hard drive to see if it overwrites any hard disk errors that may have been caused by the last crash.

Will report back.

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Interesting.

I checked preferences to make sure that the drums folder was set to C:\bb\drums and it is. Yet, RB still isn't finding the folder.

So on a lark, I copied the whole drum folder to the REALBAND directory.

now the real drums generate. Something in the program is missing the C:\BB\ part of the path and so it looks in the root directory

it must be, because when I put the drums there, it found them.

So now I want to ask if y'all can generate real drums using RB updated with the dec 5th patch?

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Interesting.

I checked preferences to make sure that the drums folder was set to C:\bb\drums and it is. Yet, RB still isn't finding the folder.

So on a lark, I copied the whole drum folder to the REALBAND directory.

now the real drums generate. Something in the program is missing the C:\BB\ part of the path and so it looks in the root directory

it must be, because when I put the drums there, it found them.

So now I want to ask if y'all can generate real drums using RB updated with the dec 5th patch?

Using RB 2015 (2) I can generate Real Drums with no problems. I would have done this many times previously, but performed the operation again just now to double check. My paths are defaults, as shown:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2015-01-18_10-17-53.jpg (50.63 KB, 58 downloads)
2015-01-18_10-21-10.jpg (45.2 KB, 58 downloads)

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My folders are set up just like your screen shot... and yours works... yet, until I moved the drums folder to the realband directory, it didn't work here.

I wonder what the heck is going on to produce the results I'm seeing??

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
My folders are set up just like your screen shot... and yours works... yet, until I moved the drums folder to the realband directory, it didn't work here.

I wonder what the heck is going on to produce the results I'm seeing??

Time to talk to the Support team at PGM?

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I've called and sent an email. No reply yet.

But I'm less concerned now that I can continue working.

RealBand
R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
Forgive me if you already checked on my solution below, but It held me up for days, so, I thought I'd speak up.

I had the exact same problem as described in this post. None of my realdrums would generate. The way I solved it was following SolidRock's advice above. But hear me out before you re-check his post.

I didn't do it for awhile because my path settings looked right at first. (and I re-checked many times)

Then I looked really close at the error box that disappears right after it tells you it couldn't find the folder. Gotta look quick. No wonder I missed the drive letter. That's because I was concentrating so hard on memorizing the rest of the message.

I had to attempt to regenerate like ten times before I realized that the error message said it was looking in my F drive.

Literally everything else was using my E drive. But for some reason, not the drum generation.

Regardless, when I actually went to the screen described by solidrock (options/preferences/song generation/paths) all of the paths on the 'select folders' dialogue box were already correctly pointing to my E drive. So how could that be the problem/solution? In spite of that, When I clicked "ok", it must have sent a message to the drum generation code and now everything works correctly.

Hope this is helpful

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Okay, here's something I would try. I am assuming you are using the external BIAB/RealBand hard drive for RealTracks/RealDrums (which can result in drive letters changing).

Make sure your external drive is plugged in. Go into Windows Disk Manager, find your external drive, and explicitly set a different drive letter for it (use a drive letter you don't normally use - maybe R: for RealTracks or P: for PGMusic).

Then go into BIAB and RealBand and set the folder locations for RTs/RDs to that new drive letter.

My experience has been (with both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1) is that once you set the drive letter explicitly, it remembers it when you next plug in that disk, rather than just assigning the next available drive letter. And I've found it keeps the drive letter assignment, even if I plug it into a different USB port.

Just a thought and worth a try. Takes a couple of minutes to do.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,554
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 163