This is the name of a group I joined recently. They currently boast over 43,000 members. I recommend it, with a few reservations.

When it works well, which it usually does, it is a great place to get guidance from experienced and/or working musicians about instruments, effects, amps, and more. Vendors, including luthiers, teachers, are allowed to promote themselves. I and others have gotten advice on personal issues relating to music--sort of like our Off-Topic forum here. At its best there is a deep spiritual undercurrent. However, religiosity--especially Christianity--is frowned upon. There are members of all ages, experience, musical tastes, and personal persuasions.

The drawbacks are few, but perhaps significant. This is not always a warm and fuzzy place to hang out. Trolls abound, although they don't tend to last long. Highly descriptive language is tolerated, as long as it doesn't get personal. And for some reason it seems to be regularly targeted by young Muslim men who like to post links to pr0n. However, there is a very active moderator who pulls these and other posts, and bans the offenders as soon as he is made aware of them. (He seems to be active 24/7.)

I recommend it for any who can put up with these negative operant phenomena. Indicative of the tone of the place, I have made friends with several members with whom I have bitter disagreements on certain matters. Somehow we manage to overlook that in favor of music in general and guitars in particular.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."