Go To
#341181 03/21/16 06:48 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
P
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
P
Just checking to see if PG runs any other specials on upgrading except at Christmas? I missed the last upgrade. I have the 2015 Mega and I want to get the Ultra Plus. Is the 2016 upgrade worth it? I guess if I wait until December I could get the 2017 version on sale. If you do primarily classic rock covers will the change from Mega to Ultra make a lot of difference?

Veteran
Veteran
The sale is over, so I suspect you'll have to wait for the 2017 version to go on sale.

With the Ultra Pak, you get everything, and you would be surprised at how many styles will still work (even if they're not labeled classic rock), so it's good to have a lot of tools in your toolbox.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
P
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
P
It may be because I try to stay minimal with the backing that I usually just have bass, drums, and rhythm guitar and I may start out with a style but I end up pulling real tracks and it seems like the style doesn't effect it as much.

K
K
I would wait for more bugs to be worked out... smirk

Veteran
Veteran
I guess that one of the reasons the New Seasons BIAB/RB is at a discount is so that we can forgive them the Bugs that always crawl out. They are never a big problem and if you keep on top of the Build releases it hardly an issue.
Keyboardcat - in such complex software with such a simple User Interface there are bound to be bugs.
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
keep an eye out for Band-in-a-Box Sweepstakes, I entered and didn't win but got a 20% off coupon that expired on the 17th.
I think if you subscribe to the newsletter you should get notified for the next one, maybe soon.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: pedwards2932
... If you do primarily classic rock covers will the change from Mega to Ultra make a lot of difference?

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm shows what the differences are.

The 2016 PlusPAK is still available, but if you want to upgrade it doesn't matter much when you buy it. I don't know what to do with the statement for the PlusPAK "** Requires Band-in-a-Box® 2015". If that statement is updated with the next version, you would need to get the full update anyway.

The difference between the PAKs is simple: The basic software, BIAB and RB, is always the same, but the amount of accessories varies. If you upgrade now, you will get all the add-ons of the 49-PAK also.

You will have to do some simple math to figure out which is the best choice for you. Buy the missing RealTracks separately or invest USD 279 for all what you are missing.

Caveat: Some bonus material of earlier years may not be included in the upgrade.

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I don't know what to do with the statement for the PlusPAK "** Requires Band-in-a-Box® 2015". If that statement is updated with the next version, you would need to get the full update anyway.

The PlusPak is designed for those upgrading just to the next version by providing just the new material for the new version. Obviously, if you only had the ProPak or the MegaPak versions, you would only get the new RealTracks and RealDrums (along with the new version of the program), but would not get all the previous RTs and RDs.

They have had the PlusPak as an upgrade directly from the previous version for many upgrade cycles. In theory, you could have started with (for example) BIAB 2013 UltraPlusPak, and then each year just upgraded using the PlusPak for 2014, the PlusPak for 2015, and the PlusPak for 2016, in theory you would end up with the 2016 UltraPlusPak (and a DVD for each version). You would also have to purchase the other Bonus paks, as well, if you wanted the Bonus content. Of course, if you ever had to re-install BIAB, you would have to start with 2013 and apply each PlusPak in turn.

However if you skipped a year upgrading, you would have to upgrade using one of the other options.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

P
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
P
I think I may just go ahead and upgrade when I have the spare bucks.....Thanks for all the input.

B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
I seriously thought about upgrading my 2009 version of BIAB/RB just the other day. But after giving it some thought I decided not to do so for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, I don't use Real Tracks. I find I can get all the great sounds I need from my Ketron SD2. On the other hand, BIAB is a fantastic piece of software. There are more styles than I will ever need to pick from in order to make classic country and old rock and roll covers. My main, and only reason for using BIAB is that I can lay down awesome bass and drum tracks in a matter of minutes. Occasionally I'll use the background piano or strings that are included in the style I'm using, depending on the song. But for the most part, when I move the song over to Sonar, other tracks besides bass and drums are usually deleted and the rest of the song is built in Sonar with my midi keyboard. I do not use the music that I make for live gigs nor do I make CD's to sell. I purely do it for the fun that I have experimenting and building songs and then recording them for nobody but myself.

Another good reason for me not to upgrade is because of the Canadian dollar and how it stacks up to the U.S. greenback. Considering the fact that PG Music is a Canadian company, it would be tough for me to put out the initial cost, plus tax, and then a lot more for the exchange rate that I, a Canadian, would have to pay for for a product that is made in Canada. (Just my own little pet peeve)

Again, let me say that BIAB is an amazing product - one that I truly enjoy using in the way that I do. I absolutely LOVE this software! But at this point, I cannot justify the cost of upgrading, and then for the way in which I would be using it. But of course, that's just me. smile

Bobby

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Firstly, I don't use Real Tracks. I find I can get all the great sounds I need from my Ketron SD2.

And that's why you don't have to buy all the RealTracks, if you don't want them. Buying the MegaPak gives you all the MIDI styles (and of course, you can additionally create your own or download from the internet or buy additional styles from Bob Norton).

But for those that like the RealTracks, it is an awesome feature and a true marvel of sound engineering, IMHO.

One size does not fit all, and PGMusic accommodates that.

John

B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
I totally agree with you about Real Tracks and it's users who put out a lot of fantastic music. I guess I didn't come across very well in stating this. In no way whatsoever was I knocking it.

Bobby

Veteran
Veteran
Exactly - agree 100% and didn't view your comment as knocking it. Everyone has a different workflow and different requirements. I was just pointing out that the full spectrum of users are accommodated by this great company.

John

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,642
Posts735,391
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.