Go To
Off-Topic
W
Wyndham Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
I've been looking at the acoustic Taylor Ample guitar and how it might be with BIAB. There's also the tab editor that looks interesting. Guitar Pro has great tabs(just getting into tabs) and wondered if there might be something in using all three in some fashion. Thought I'd ask if others might use these tools together. Wyndham

Off-Topic
K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
K
Hello Wyndham,

I installed the demo of the Ample Guitar plugin and it seems to work great with Band-in-a-Box. I threw it on a MIDI guitar track and it sounds much better than the built in synth sounds, I really like how it shows a piano keyboard and the guitar neck as well.

I was able to get its internal tab to sync with Band-in-a-Box playback (using build 438) but for some reason the notes themselves don't sound. I can see them being highlighted but they won't play so it looks like you'd need to enter the notes themselves in Band-in-a-Box on a MIDI track.

I think the best setup using those 3 programs would be to make the tab itself in Guitar Pro and save it as a MIDI file. Then import that into Band-in-a-Box on the Melody track and assign the Ample plugin to it. Then you'll have some nice guitar tab playing along with Band-in-a-Box using a great sounding plugin that you can tweak to your liking.

Off-Topic
W
Wyndham Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
Yeah, I agree with your work flow. I too dl'd the demo and got it to work with a simple midi file on melody track. I had some issues getting it started but more to learn.

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Thanks, wow didn't know they could play Guitar Pro tabs with all the articulations !, downloading it now.
Check out RealGuitar/s @ www.musiclab.com/ they have a chord track now, but they are not fully working yet with the new vst sync fix but I'm sure PG will get that sorted soon.

Off-Topic
W
Wyndham Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
I've run into several crashes and a hung midi file on melody track while trying to get ample & pg to work together but as you said, they'll work it out

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I think the new Guitar Pro 7 will have VST support and maybe a VST version or Rewire support, so I think that may be a better option ??
Just been trying RealGuitar in biab in pattern/chord mode, you just use the BB Chord Output track (ch5) to drive it, so whatever chord biab is playing RealGuitar will play the patterns in that chord.
It works easy in RealBand as you can just drag n drop the patterns into one rb track and have the BB Chord Output on another with both set to RealGuitar.
You can save the 2 tracks from rb then just import to bb.
You can also make up a big long pattern joining the patterns together then load it in the RealGuitar pattern selector.
When you use patterns on a track you just select "Track" under the pattern.
RealGuitar will also export the chords to midi markers.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB_RG.jpg (328.33 KB, 40 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 09/18/16 04:51 PM.
Off-Topic
W
Wyndham Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
W
I've got realguitar v1 and have not updated to v4.Looks good but too many updates and too few $$$$

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
There should be a sale due soon so keep an eye out.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,864
Posts738,190
Members38,600
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Compadres, TAT2024, WesleyHowie, 3DGtrman, longus
38,599 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 165