Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
Having extracted a you-tube audio file and converted to mp3, I activated audio chord wizard.
A menu box allows for file selection but it is blank.
Yet when I look in this directory, with say Vlan, it has the mp3 files listed and it plays my download you-tube file

I have tried all the file type options eg audio file, mp3. etc
I also tried a different file convertor but still a blank directory.

I have used this ACW before on a previous computer (win xp)successfully. My current computer is running win7. Would this have any relevance?
Suggestions please.

On a secondary point, would I be able to use the mixer to reduce say a guitar part in such a file (as above) so I can play but have the rest of the backing music in place?

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Windows 7 shouldn't be related, unless it's a codec issue.

What happens if you double-click on the file without doing anything else? Does it play OK?

You state: "A menu box allows for file selection but it is blank."
If you are sure that the folder you are accessing contains your downloaded file, can you change the filter in the file entry dialog to *.* and see if that allows more files to be selected?

Does your file appear then?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Also...

Does your mp3 file have the extension of .mp3? BIAB will need that to be able to see the file.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
S
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
hi,
thanks for replies.

Some progress in that I have used Vlan to convert the file I have downloaded from you-tube. First attempt I had it convert to a WAV file

However, I now have 'driver cannot do requested conversion' displayed by BIB

I tried for a conversion to mp3. There is a toolbox addition in Vlan to allow you to set further parameters. I choose mpeg1.
ACW couldn't see this file, (*) didn't help and there is no 'all files' in filter box option.

Veteran
Veteran
The .WAV file should be a 16 bit, 44.1 sample rate. Did Vlan give you a choice of save settings?

Mpeg-1 will not work. It has to be MP3.

*.* has to be entered as it looks, asterisk-period-asterisk. It means, all file names, all extensions.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
S
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
Hi Matt,
Well thanks for the advice, success!

The *.* I had entered incorrectly using brackets so that allowed me to see all the files in vlan and BIB to see them. I got the error message on several of them but their properties were not .WAV so I deleted them.
I then returned to vlan and flagged up convert, then audio, then selected .wav, then the toolbox symbol and it confirmed your settings
codec .wav; birate 128kb/s: channel 2: Sample rate 44100Hz.
Back to ACW and it transferred it no problem and displayed chords.
So many thanks, I'll try another file now!

Veteran
Veteran
Good job, reporting back.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi just to add re your question on using the mixer to cancel the guitar part.

You won't be able to do this with the audio file using the mixer controls (if I've understood what you are saying correctly) as it will still be a single mix. A bit like extracting the raw ingredients from a cake once it's baked.

Depending on where the guitar part sits, e.g., if it's panned hard right or left, you may be able to minimise it using the panning controls but you'll also lose anything else that sits in the same space. If it is dead centre then there are ways of trying to remove it like karaoke functions do to strip out the vocals but I've never found this to be clean. Somebody else may be able to advise on this as I'm not experienced with that function.

Alternatively, you might find that experimenting with the Equaliser (EQ) might supress something that sits at a particular frequency such as the guitar part but it's likely that it will take out something else as well as it will be hard to isolate just the guitar.

I've tried this many times with little success.

The best way, now that you have the chords is to use BIAB. Transfer the chords into BIAB and pick a style that is close to what you want and then mute any generated tracks that you don't want to hear.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Mike.

Mike.

SongBrain - AI Generator
Shiny Emeralds - Latest Single

Win 10 Home 64bit - Ryzen7 3700x / 32Gb
BIAB / RB 2024 For Windows
EWQL Composer Cloud X
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,714
Posts736,356
Members38,552
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
BabzColl, bluejaffa, SLM, Ricki Susic, kcowmusic
38,552 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181
rsdean 113
DC Ron 111
Noel96 81
dcuny 76
WaoBand 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.