Folks, I realize that the following information may be old hat for some of you, but I know it won't be for all of you. Personally, I found the information related to optimizing my PC running Win7 to be very helpful. My system has been plagued by pops and crackles and hesitations and worse. Usually I try changing the audio format, from MME to ASIO to whatever else. It seems like I often have to pogo stick back and forth between them to get a smooth running system. But after I followed the following guidelines, all these problems have disappeared. My Win7 machine is running better than ever. Anyway, following is a link to a series of articles at Focusrite's website which discuss optimizing various Windows editions. It also has an article for optimizing the Mac. This information isn't specific to Focusrite products. It's about improving your machine's audio performance.

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/categories/200693685-Optimisation

I should note that I did not follow all the recommendations. For example, I didn't disable system sounds nor did I disable Windows Firewall.

Last edited by cooltouch; 01/05/19 09:10 PM.