Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
BUT, the test-version DID work first time I open it... Then clicking a wrong place made a failure box come up, and then it gave no sound.. Then I shut down BiaB and open it again. Then BiaB said; Cannot contact this VST.. SO I restarted my computer and tried again. Then biab said;

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Not a valid VST plugin 2.JPG (88.53 KB, 205 downloads)

Forever Grateful, BUT, sometimes pissed of. wink
Trygve "Leo" Larsen
BiaB 2020, Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5 CPU, 270GHz, 32 Gb RAM
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
So, IO reported it to Kenneth by email, and he said; Exactly which preset arrow did you click? I have had Kontakt working through VSTSynthFont64 in Cubase, so I wonder.=-O
Here is a slightly improved version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4cwh8g97dmdrw3/VSTSynthFont64-3420B.rar?dl=0

Works perfectly well in REAPER 6.03 (64 bit) as well.

I am not user about how important this feature is, so if we continue to run into difficulties I will have to drop it for now as I have some other more pressing issues at hand.

Cheers
Kenneth

SO, shall we let him know how important this is? Should not PG music give him a free BiaB to test it for us BiaB users?

But ok, maybe I am the only one see it as important?

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
BTW, how do I put this attachment so that I can continue to write under the image?

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Man that was quick, can you ask if he wants to work for PG.
I just loaded the 64 bit version, loaded RealStrat, clicked on Prg number:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
VstSynthFont-Chain.png (422.31 KB, 198 downloads)
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
BTW, how do I put this attachment so that I can continue to write under the image?

If the attachment shows or don't show after you post it then right click the attachment copy link location, now go back in and edit and insert an image from the icons and paste that link in then type under the link.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
An issue I found is when you open the the vst window you can't access the host, this is the same in BB and Reaper.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Man that was quick, can you ask if he wants to work for PG.
I just loaded the 64 bit version, loaded RealStrat, clicked on Prg number:
Man, that was quick respond from u also...;) IF PG need or look for technical employee to solve issues and come up with more creative solutions, they should hire YOU ! wink

Great to see that u made it work..

Can u report back to Kenneth in the forum what u found to be issues? I feel he deserve more support from us users for all the great work he does for us, often for free...

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I already did that about 10 mins ago smile
It's just waiting for moderator to approve.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I already did that about 10 mins ago smile
It's just waiting for moderator to approve.
Wow! Are u on speed today ? wink In what forum was that?

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
Veteran
Veteran
Kenneth of SF is a very dedicated man. He definitely should have a copy of BIAB for testing. I do not believe that there is anything similar to his VST. All other "similar" vst's that support GM midi + Program changes are not remotely close. I spoke to a couple of developers of similar software before Kenneth and they told me that their VST's will remain in "legacy" state and any kind of updates/fixes are not planned.

Why I am writing this? If you find bugs in it, please write to Kenneth, I am sure he will try to address them.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Wow! Are u on speed today ? wink In what forum was that?

Quote:
Re: VST synthfont in IL Minihost module plays piano only

This post is not visible to other users until it has been approved by a moderator.
Thanks for this ! an issue is when you click program number to bring up the VSTi GUI you can't access the host with the window open.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Kenneth of SF is a very dedicated man. He definitely should have a copy of BIABvst for FIXING.....

smile

Veteran
Veteran
Pipeline, for that task, to do it right, you would need 2-3 Keeneths (so they have some rotation for sleeping/resting needs) and 1 Noel.

...sucks we can't just clone 'em.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Pipeline, for that task, to do it right, you would need 2-3 Keeneths (so they have some rotation for sleeping/resting needs) and 1 Noel.

...sucks we can't just clone 'em.
Haha, are u underestimating Pipeline _ He seems to be on here 24/7 and sometimes on speed...;) But hey, I am bowing down in deep respect for Kenneth and his dedication to entertain his customers and does extremely quick fixes to all kind of request from customers...

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
Veteran
Veteran
So, IO reported it to Kenneth by email, and he said; Exactly which preset arrow did you click? I have had Kontakt working through VSTSynthFont64 in Cubase, so I wonder.=-O
Here is a slightly improved version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4cwh8g97dmdrw3/VSTSynthFont64-3420B.rar?dl=0

Works perfectly well in REAPER 6.03 (64 bit) as well.

I am not user about how important this feature is, so if we continue to run into difficulties I will have to drop it for now as I have some other more pressing issues at hand.

Cheers
Kenneth

SO, shall we let him know how important this is? Should not PG music give him a free BiaB to test it for us BiaB users?

But ok, maybe I am the only one see it as important?

Thanks for keeping up to date on this, is the above a beta time limited version?

Last edited by musiclover; 02/29/20 01:11 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Thanks for keeping up to date on this, is the above a beta time limited version?
It is a test version, he said.. But if u make it work, I don't think it is any time limitation. Kenneth said he was not sure of the need for implementing the VSTi feature, as he put it;

"The reason why I can't see the need for this feature is that in all DAWs I know you can have many tracks and separate VST Instruments for each of them - as many as PC memory allows. So, you can have VSTSynthfont in one (or a few) track and Kontakt in others."

And, as I said, it crashed in BiaB for me. Kenneth have this DAW's to test it in, as he wrote;

"My test bench includes Cubase, Cakewalk, Reaper, Mixcraft, Traktion, Magix - and of course my own SynthFont2. But no, not BiaB - for no particular reason!

Just a reminder - when you test this new feature, remember that you always have to manually load any preset or program setup when loading the VST, as this cannot be saved within VSTSynthfont."

So, we can't expect him to BUY a version of BiaB to test it in, can we?

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I get an error loading the new B version, would not load in BB or Reaper. I see it has gone back to A.
Still waiting on all my posts to be approved as I found other issues.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:
Thanks for this ! an issue is when you click program number to bring up the VSTi GUI you can't access the host with the window open.
EDIT: you can open the the vst window while playing so this might be okay.

Quote:
Just trying other VSTi's
EZKeys, EZDrummer no sound
Sforzando working but not bringing up the instrument panel and controls in Sforzando

They need a volume control for the VSTi's audio out, don't know if you can make SynthFont's track volume slider adjust the volume out level ?

Quote:
Also Ctrl+click to solo more than one track at a time would be helpful.
EDIT: and the mute solo don't work on the VSTi

Quote:

When you choose a VSTi like RealGuitar there is no sound until I open the GUI then it loads the samples, maybe it could open the GUI directly after loading ?
Now if I change back to the default soundfont it stills plays the VSTi.

Apprentice
Apprentice
we can't expect him to BUY a version of BiaB to test it in, can we?

Trygve, just give him the data of your BIAB account, so he can download the program and install it, as PG music allows three installs in different computers at the same time.

Problem solved!

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Good idea Pepe ! I actually have the 2019 version on a USB, so I can give that one to him.. Thank's !

Trygve "Leo" Larsen
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,698
Posts736,162
Members38,546
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Oraus, KlaasB, Sid S, Uncle Hemi, KWADWO FRIMPONG
38,545 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173