Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Smooth arrangement. Nice poetic lyrics and amazing effort putting all this together.

Hi, Misha.

Thanks!

Quote:
I think vocals are not leveled throughout the song. At times, it seems they overpower everything else. Don't hold me to it, maybe I am hallucinating. Thank you for sharing.

No, you're absolutely right about that.

I have difficulty figuring out where to back down on the vocals.

Add a refusal to listen to reference tracks to the mix, and the result is what you hear.

I'll have another go at the vocal balance and try to fix it.

Glad to have your constructive feedback! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
There's so much to like here. Very pleasant melody. Interesting, poignant lyrics and carefully crafted vocals and trumpet combine to create a soothing vibe. Well done!

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dang, that's a sad situation. What a wonderful melody and a terrific arrangement, David. Such a good write, and, man, you work those AI voices so well, and the trumpet is perfect.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,

I wasn't around here when you did the first one, but I do know that this sounds great! Your use of the AI voice is fantastic! Wish I could sing that good! It's a beautiful track and melody! I didn't realize that there weren't any drums until 2 minutes in and that means that they aren't needed. It really gives it the mellow feel it needs! Very nice! Thanks, Torrey.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The AI voice even has sibilance...wow.
the vocal work is excellent - well done sir.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Certainly the vocals shine in this production for the use of synthesized productions. The backing vocal is an especially nice touch.

The trumpet provides a complementing interlude.

Great job indeed.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow David, you are coming closer and closer to real human vocals everytime. That's a huge achievement!
The composition is very lovely, though sad.
So funny what Ray mentioned about the sibilance in the vocals. I noticed it too, but it wasn't disturbing at all.

I was wondering if you could use Melodyne on those vocals as well. Because there you can change about anything in them, so differ them more in harmonies. And you are more clever on the pc, so a piece of cake?

Very well done!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
If I may comment on something other than the synthetic singing... I was noticing how very nice the sound bed underneath was, the stuff that supports the horn solo, too, I guess it's a combination of keys and acoustics. That stuff that isn't in the spotlight, but it's really important to the overall effect. A pleasure to listen to and thanks for helping to understand how it all works.

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
There's so much to like here. Very pleasant melody. Interesting, poignant lyrics and carefully crafted vocals and trumpet combine to create a soothing vibe. Well done!

Thanks, Brian! smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Dang, that's a sad situation.

Hi, Marty.

Yep. Don't worry, it's not a representation of my life... Current life, anyway. wink

Quote:
What a wonderful melody and a terrific arrangement, David. Such a good write, and, man, you work those AI voices so well, and the trumpet is perfect.

Thanks, I really appreciate that! laugh

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
I wasn't around here when you did the first one, but I do know that this sounds great!

Thanks, I don't feel as guilty about re-posting it now. smile

Quote:
Your use of the AI voice is fantastic! Wish I could sing that good! It's a beautiful track and melody! I didn't realize that there weren't any drums until 2 minutes in and that means that they aren't needed. It really gives it the mellow feel it needs! Very nice!

Heck, I wish I could sing that good! It's a good thing programs like Melodyne exist - they're worth every penny!

For this arrangement, the BiaB instruments play well together, giving the song a gentle push. It's not often that I can get away without drums, and this is one of those exceptions.

I'm glad you stopped by to listen!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
The AI voice even has sibilance...wow.
the vocal work is excellent - well done sir.

Hi, Ray.

Yes, it does. I leveled most of the plosives, but I left most of the /s/ and /sh/ sounds alone. I might have another listen to them, though.

I've got a lateral /s/ myself, so I've occasionally gone too far and created a lisp where there was one. So if the consonant isn't popping out, I'll often err on the side of clarity rather than reducing it.

Thanks for listening and commenting!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Certainly the vocals shine in this production for the use of synthesized productions. The backing vocal is an especially nice touch.

Thanks! I'm still trying to work out that balance here.

This is one of the few songs where the backing vocal simply doubles the vocal, instead of adding harmony. Sometimes I forget how effective that can be.

Thanks for the feedback! smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Wow David, you are coming closer and closer to real human vocals everytime. That's a huge achievement!

Hi, Hans.

Thanks, but I suspect the software is doing more of the work than me.

Not that I'm not trying! I'm really picky about phrasing, but adding "realism" is a different animal.

Quote:
The composition is very lovely, though sad.

Yeah, writing happy songs pretty songs is tough! frown

Quote:
So funny what Ray mentioned about the sibilance in the vocals. I noticed it too, but it wasn't disturbing at all.

This stuff is really subjective. Looking at the waveform, the /s/ looks huge. But despite what it looked like, I didn't think it sounded that unbalanced against the vocal.

So I opted to leave it be, but I certainly understand where he's coming from. On a different day, I'd have made a different decision.

Quote:
I was wondering if you could use Melodyne on those vocals as well. Because there you can change about anything in them, so differ them more in harmonies. And you are more clever on the pc, so a piece of cake?

One of the nice features about the Pro version of SynthesizerV is that you can opt to split the voice into a voiced and unvoiced track. That makes it a lot easier to see and edit the consonants in my DAW.

And the options in Melodyne to modify the formants already exists in SynthesizerV. So there's need to go into Melodyne for that, either.

But you could certainly use Melodyne if you wanted to.

Thanks for listening and your questions!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
If I may comment on something other than the synthetic singing... I was noticing how very nice the sound bed underneath was, the stuff that supports the horn solo, too, I guess it's a combination of keys and acoustics. That stuff that isn't in the spotlight, but it's really important to the overall effect. A pleasure to listen to and thanks for helping to understand how it all works.

Hi, Mark.

Yes, I was really happy with how the backing fit together. Looking at the original mix, I wonder if I've actually learned that much from eight years ago. I suspect it's the tools that have gotten better, not me. wink

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Another outstanding offering. I didn't hear the original so this is my first spin of the record. Very well written song. The girls perform your material wonderfully, yet again. The band is great too.

Top notch production.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"I could scale the Zagros mountains, or be covered by salty sea
But I can't bridge this emptiness dividing you from me"

Janice said she teared up when first hearing that.

It is a most outstanding write in lyric and melody.

The band is perfecto for the above. Great work with the two trumpets.
The melding is amazing.

The vocal is as Janice said "sweet and fragile sounding and it conveys the lyric so well."

We're not gonna go down the human vs AI rabbit hole. This is what you do and it is very entertaining musically and technically.
We've heard a zillion great voices and love them but this journey you are on is fascinating. And it just gets better and better and better...

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi dcuny,

Very nice melody with well written lyrics. The trumpet is really very realistic. Well done. I apprecied.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Beautiful song, everything about it is great, what a mix.

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Beautiful song, David. You are very good at tuning. I can only hope I will reach your level one day.

In the future I think we will discuss realism of an AI-voice less - focus will be on the timbre, expression, soulfulness and feel of a voice (or of the real singer who is behind the voice).

Synthesizer V is a truly amazing piece of software.

Will

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,721
Posts736,516
Members38,556
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Rogee, John Dharmawan, hughesai, BabzColl, bluejaffa
38,555 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 190