Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
OP Offline
First newbie's post gals & guys smile

I have until 23:59:59 tonight to decide if I buy my first BIAB package (probably the Pro version)

I know there is Playable Realtracks in the Free Bonus PAK 2023 because of the "Playable RealTracks Set 2" written in the description!

I have ask the following questions to support, he did not know the answers!

1st: Are there Playable Realtracks in the BIAB 2023: If so, how many and in which styles?

2nd: Are there Playable Realtracks in the 2023 49-PAK: If so, how many and in which styles?

3rd: Is there a way to buy the "Playable RealTracks Set 1" or does it come with every BIAB 2023 versions by default?

There are no mistakes, save one: the failure to learn from a mistake. - Robert Fripp
Veteran
Veteran
Those are fair questions. Surprized that support did not have a clear answer.

If they don't know, who does... but here is my input based on having all that are currently available.

Right now there are likely as many as 120 - 180 Playable Realtrack Sounds (PRS). Here is a picture of just those set up for Acostic Guitars. These have been made avialable over the past two year releases (2021 and 2022). I would have thought that these are now part of the "core" BIAB sounds which maybe enhanced with each new release. So a core purchase should get you all, IMO. Otherwise, how would they ever sell this feature if you could not get the sounds to use it? The current avialabilty may be sufficient to handly the need, after all we got by with what we had in 2021 before the additions in 2022.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 2022-12-30 144448.jpg (190.65 KB, 236 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I think I know some of these answers, but this is a user forum and we don't speak for the company.

A couple of thoughts:

There is a 30-day money back guarantee.

Historically, the December sale prices have been extended well into January. No guarantees, but I would not be surprised if this practice continues.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
C
Veteran
Veteran
C

09\20\2022 - Playable Real Tracks: which ones

Andrew-PG Music Quote:

"The answer is that ALL RealTracks are playable, provided that you have installed (a) Sforzando plugin (which is installed along with the main BB program), (b) HiQ Instruments, and (c) Playable RealTracks." <snip> "It (Playable RealTracks) works whether or not the RT has RealCharts. You can still add PRT notes even if there isn't existing notation. Sorry for the confusion. If it DOES have notation it's true that you could edit existing notes / convert them to PRT notes which might be useful in certain cases. As Tobin points out in the video though, the RealCharts aren't necessarily meant to be heard, since they are a transcription rather than what was actually played.

The drop-down menu to the right of the PRT button has a number of useful options - e.g. converting notes to playable, muting RT audio for a region, or choosing a different sample. Also, in that same menu you can see which sample it's using - the ones that start with a number (e.g. '026 xxxxx') are typically ones that use material recorded in the actual RT session. The ones that start with 'HiQ' (e.g. 'HiQ 025 xxxxx') are closest matches that we currently have. Hope this helps."

Here's a link to the entire discussion:
Playable Real Tracks: which ones

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
OP Offline
Many thanks MusicStudent smile

I just notice that if you search for "Playable Realtracks" on the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Bonus PAKs/Band-in-a-Box® 2022 49-PAK page (https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2022.htm) you get two hits, one in each sections.

If you do the same on the Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Bonus PAKs/Band-in-a-Box® 2023 49-PAK page (https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2023.htm), you only get a hit on the first section which leads me to believe that there is no "Playable Realtracks" in the Band-in-a-Box® 2023 49-PAK... I wish they had put playable Realtracks as the are progressive rock track in the 2023 49-PAK this year!

So now I am of the mind that I should only buy Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Pro without 2023 49-PAK...

There are no mistakes, save one: the failure to learn from a mistake. - Robert Fripp
OP Offline
Thanks Matt smile

You might be right about the sale prices extending well into January... You have more experience than a newbie like me!

But I guess theses prices pertains only to updates whereas I have a coupon code and I wrongly thought I was told that it was valid until the 31st as I remembered it but I went and re-read the email minutes ago and realized that it actually says "You can use this coupon for ??% off. It will be active until the end of December"

So I'm good until tomorrow 23:59:59 I guess smile

OP Offline
Thanks Charlie smile

So essentially you are saying via Andrew that if i buy the 2023 49-PAK, all tracks in it will have "Replayable Realtrack". Am I right?

Last edited by pattoocool; 12/30/22 04:03 PM.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: pattoocool
Thanks charlie smile

So essentially you are saying via Andrew that if i buy the 2023 49-PAK, all tracks in it will have "Replayable Realtrack". Am I right?

Yes, all RealTracks have the capability and Sforzando ships with the BIAB program and Hi-Q instruments and Playable RealTracks are installed.

However, not every RealTrack has a one on one correlating Playable RealTrack instrument sound. My system currently has 839 instruments to choose from.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 2022-12-30 193528.gif (34.48 KB, 204 downloads)
Hi-Q and Playable RealTrack instrument list.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
OP Offline
Thanks again Charlie smile

I was gonna say: "With this info I now might buy the 2023 49 PAK" but I wanted to make sure it was "49 PAK" and not "49PAK", so I went I clicked on buy the BIAB 2023 Pro and the page that loads list both the 2022 Bonus 49 PAK & 2023 Bonus 49 PAK as being in my cart! Is that normal? I thought you could not buy the previous year Bonus 49 PAK once the newer Bonus 49 PAK was out!

Proof: https://flic.kr/p/2o8QGQE

Last edited by pattoocool; 12/30/22 03:31 PM.

Veteran
Veteran
That is not normal. When money is involved it's best to get PG Music Sales involved.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
OP Offline
Thanks Jim smile

I will contact them tomorrow as I now know I have until 23:59:59 on the 31th to use my coupon!

Veteran
Veteran
I am not familiar with coupons for BIAB. My speculation about the sales period did not include that.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
Expert
Hi Matt,

I too received an email with a coupon for 20% off.
As I live in the UK this was very welcome as it negates the cost of the customs VAT etc.

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

Veteran
Veteran
Ah, I wonder if this is a continuation of the extremely generous offer by PG Music before, to minimize the effect of the VAT on shipped hard drives? Is the UK continuing to levy that after Brexit?

Or it could be something else entirely …

Expert
Expert
i got a code to enter that reduce the cost of the BIAB upgrade but did not work towards Xtra styles etc. I'm in the UK and its greatly appreciated.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello pattoocool,

All Band-in-a-Box packages (except for the $49 program upgrade from 2022) include both Playable RealTracks Set 1 and 2. PRT Set 1 was introduced last year. PRT Set 2 is new this year so more RealTracks have a better PRT match. It is included in the free bonus PAK. Each set adds 400 (more or less) Sforzando 'patches'. You might have added a 2022 version PAK via a link on an old page, or you had it in your cart from before.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Expert
Expert
Hi Matt,

Yes the UK still levies the VAT (Value Added Tax) even on downloaded files.

Regards

George

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

OP Offline
Thanks Matt smile

it's understandable that if you had known about the coupon, you would has answered differently smile

OP Offline
Many thanks Andrew as this help clarify some stuff smile

Yeah I went looking for the 2022 49 PAK via Google because I remembered that there was a mention about it containing Playable Realtracks, it does indeed! And clicking on the yellow arrow puts it in my cart!

So I search via Google again and was able to add the 2021 49 PAK to my cart as well! So now I have the 2021 49 PAK, the 2022 49 PAK & the 2023 49 PAK in my cart! I then search for the 2020 49 PAK and found it but this time when I clicked on the yellow arrow, the trick did not work! It simply loads a "404 Page Not Found
Sorry, this page doesn't exist" page

https://flic.kr/p/2o8Yvrf

So essentially, you are saying that if I simply buy BIAB 2023 Pro version I would end up with the Playable Realtracks set 1 & 2, right?

So adding the Bonus 2023 49PAK would simply add 60 Bonus Unreleased RealTracks, Look Ma! More MIDI 10: Acid Jazz, Instrumental Studies Set 19: Modern Country Soloing, MIDI SuperTracks Set 36: Funk & Jazz Piano, MIDI SuperTracks Set 37: Contradance Piano, Artist Performance Set 14: Songs with Vocals Volume 4, and RealDrums Stems Set 3: Jazz, Latin & World!

But no Playable Realtracks...

I wonder if PGMusic's cart processing would let me buy the aforementionned previous year 49 PAKs?

Let's try it smile

https://flic.kr/p/2o8YAES

It seems it would work! Unfortunately money is tight right now...

By the way! Now that it is known that I have a coupon code that is good until tonight 23:59:59, I was wondering... that 23:59:59 is in accordance to British Columbia time right, meaning, if I am in an eastern province, I have less time, right?

Last edited by pattoocool; 12/31/22 12:08 PM.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
But no Playable Realtracks...

Playable RealTracks are included in the free Bonus PAK, so you will get them no matter what. The 49 PAK has additional things.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,722
Posts736,527
Members38,556
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Rogee, John Dharmawan, hughesai, BabzColl, bluejaffa
38,555 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 190