You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#102310 - 01/17/11 10:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument
Loc: Tennessee USA
Major Mindup Offline

Loc: Tennessee USA
I'd like to see the RealDrums saved as separate wave files for each percussion instrument (kick.wav, snare.wave, low tom.wav, etc). The snare is usually much too hot in the current pre-mixed version. (Yes - I agree the wave files would be huge!)

Edited by Major Mindup (01/17/11 10:23 AM)

#102311 - 01/17/11 10:29 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Major Mindup]
Marcello Leonardo Offline
Enthusiast

That would be super amazing - long live terrabite harddisks

Not only is the snare to loud, you could tweak the drums totally with reverb and effects and mute ore gate the channels

Snare
Kick
Overheads
Toms
Hi-Hat

would be perfect

#102312 - 01/17/11 11:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Marcello Leonardo]
Loc: Pawling New York
Rob Helms Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pawling New York
What would really help here is to fix the VSTi compatibility issue, and allow the full use of jamstix it allows for 8 output recording so one could really get a very custom drum track when needed.
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2020, Realband, Studio one 4.6 Pro, Logic Pro X, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus Faderport 8, Komplete 49 key controller.

#102313 - 01/17/11 05:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Rob Helms]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

If they are even able to do this (by mic technique and isolation of each part of the drum kit; it depends on how they were originally recorded), then it should be made available as an option, just like the audiophile version.
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#102314 - 01/18/11 07:19 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Matt Finley]
Marcello Leonardo Offline
Enthusiast

Totally agreed- as an additional buy for the pros, like drumsondemand, you can buy the stereo file of the drum track or the multichannel track (which is isolated as far as possible). I would buy it even if its 500 dollars just for all the drum multitracks

#102315 - 01/18/11 09:51 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Marcello Leonardo]
Loc: US
redguitars Offline
Journeyman

Loc: US
This would be great!
This one of the reasons I choose MIDI Drums, to kill a lot of cymbals.

Wayne,

#102316 - 01/18/11 10:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Major Mindup]
Loc: planet Earth
deltagolf Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: planet Earth
Quote:

I'd like to see the RealDrums saved as separate wave files for each percussion instrument (kick.wav, snare.wave, low tom.wav, etc). The snare is usually much too hot in the current pre-mixed version. (Yes - I agree the wave files would be huge!)

+1

would make finetuning and EQ'ing drums so very much quicker and easier.

#575391 - 01/10/20 03:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Major Mindup]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Major Mindup

+1 that doesn't seem like a bad idea from 2011.

#575427 - 01/10/20 08:28 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Major Mindup]
Paul33 Offline
Enthusiast

Would make for a big improvement with the ability to add/change effects to the various tracks.

#597670 - 05/16/20 02:11 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Major Mindup]
cwiggins999 Offline
Apprentice

+++++++100!

#598357 - 05/21/20 06:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Major Mindup]
Loc: TN
Roger Brown Offline
Apprentice

Loc: TN
I would even be happy if just the kick and snare were on separate tracks, with the rest of the kit "pre-mixed". Having the ability to tweak those two would be a godsend for me.

#598365 - 05/21/20 07:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Pipeline]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Originally Posted By: Major Mindup

+1 that doesn't seem like a bad idea from 2011.
He’s only late by five years.

This was the first follow up question we asked in December 2006, right after thanking PG Music for the new amazing and totally unexpected feature.
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#598426 - 05/21/20 02:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Matt Finley]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

2006 crazy

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#598714 - 05/23/20 05:22 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Separate wave files for Each RealDrums Instrument [Re: Pipeline]
justanoldmuso Offline
Apprentice

mindup.
its not a perfect workaround BUT.
1. set up markers at every other bar or every 3 or 4 bars or whatever. solo drum track.
2. choose different styles from stylepicker
and / or song picker .
3. generate the drum trak.
often on intro and/or other places in the chord sheet
you might get a drum hit by itself.
save it of course.
today i got a nice cymbal i liked by itself.
this way i'm gradually getting a seperate folder of
drum hits i can use in different songs.
you can do the same with midi and vsti plug ins.
also at freesound org are lots of free samples you can
manipulate as well as other places on the net.
another funky thing is use the biab playalong feature for
melody trak useing your pc kbd.
record midi then make the melody trak a drum trak.
and/or get biab to gen automatically a melody trak .
the best thing is to experiment.
i'm cheap so i also experiment with recording different sounds around the house eg water glasses/tins/totes/
desks/different utensils. be inventive is my motto.once you have a sound you can make it higher or lower to see what works. i often do this in reaper for example.
good luck

Edited by justanoldmuso (05/23/20 05:26 PM)

PG Music News
RealBand 2021 is Here!

There are exciting additions to RealBand 2021! RealBand is now a 64-bit application, and supports SIMD features for higher audio playback performance. There is now drum notation support with over 300 additional RealCharts, added cut time notation, time signature improvements, visual transpose, notation enhancements, XML improvements, and more!

RealBand 2021 is included with ALL Band-in-a-Box 2021 purchases... and our upgrade packages are ON SALE until December 31st!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand® 2021 for Windows.

Generate RealTracks on Utility Tracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've just updated the brand-new Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with the ability to generate RealTracks on Utility Tracks!

Not only can you generate the ENTIRE track from the track menu, complete with RealCharts, you can also generate highlighted sections of the Utility track - and even change it to a completely different RealTracks instrument! With the cross-fades Audio Edit option, the transition will be so smooth - you won't believe your ears!

https://youtu.be/TvJnJHdDVuI

Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows users can download this free update patch here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows: New Features Video

It's here! Check out all the new features released with Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows with our New Features video.
www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we added 202 new RealTracks! There are brand-new RealTracks for Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Pop, Rock, World, Country, Americana & Celtic, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 353-375 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2020 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks Sets 1-375 collection with over 3,100 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® - 202 New RealTracks Overview, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Forum Stats
33304 Members
67 Forums
66518 Topics
569834 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
PhilC, multawy, pickitup, Jan E.A.V., Dhcousins

33304 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 293
Pipeline 268