Veteran
Veteran
Ok,
I did a clean install of Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate
Installed Band In A Box 2011
Disabled User Account Control in Control Panel > Users
Generated a track in RealBand and clicked Merge all tracks to compressed file
Saved to a wav file ok, then i got this missing bitrates:

So i close RB and downloaded, installed & restarted: http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm

This time I got This:

You can use VirtualBox to try things: http://www.virtualbox.org/

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
For Lame, I dug around the soundforge site until I found the inf file for Lame, then you can right-click and 'install' it to windows. There is also a windows executable version, but this doesn't install it to the system, just to audacity from what I can tell. I have no idea why it's so hard to find a Windows installer for Lame.

Audacity is free and some here have just gotten used to going that route for the mp3 conversion.
Mix the wav in RB, then convert to mp3 in Audacity.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
rharv #110611 04/08/11 12:44 PM
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Yea did the Lame installer and the right click install inf but the one that WORKED was
the K-Lite Mega Pack. When you install the K-Lite pack it will take out any codecs that aren't working or that clash.
Give the K-Lite a go and let us know how you go.

You can get get FormatFactory it's free and quick to convert anything to anything with drag n' drop or batch conversion. (Just uncheck the ASK Toolbar at end of install.)

rharv #110612 04/11/11 07:54 AM
RealBand
F
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
rharv
I guess Audacity is an option. I bought a program called SWITCH that works in a somewhat limited way. But it's always so frustrating when I can't get a program (RB) to do what it is supposed to do. Especially when others can! So I'm still trying.

Frank

musocity #110613 04/11/11 08:00 AM
RealBand
F
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
musocity

So I tried the K-lite Codec pack. Downloaded and installed the whole thing in C:\Program Files. Still no change. I still get your first screen shot.
It seems to me that I have to tell RB where to look for the required codec but I have no idea how to do that. Lame_enc.dll is still in the RB directory.

Any more ideas for me. I very much appreciate your help.

Frank

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Ok try here http://blog.komeil.com/2008/06/enabling-fraunhofer-mp3-codec-vista.html

Download "chortkeh-fix-mp3-codec.cmd" and right click Run as Administrator
http://download.komeil.com/?264

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Frank,

This is a long-shot, left-field thought. When you shut down your computer after using it, do you simply suspend it or do you physically shut it down? The reason I ask is because some of the issues you have might possibly be solved by shutting down the computer and the starting back up from the off state.

As a said, it is a long-shot.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Rachel, Noel,

Did download foobar2000, but haven't used it yet.
Few steps makes a job lot easier, if results are good.
PT use of Lame would be nice.

Quote:

When you install Lame, you will need to copy the lame_enc.dll file into the c:\Realband directory.

Once the above .dll is located in the Realband folder, start up Realband, load the song, choose "Merge audio and DXi tracks to compressed file" and the click ok. At this stage, the only option available is the WAV format. Once that file is created, though, Lame will kick in and you'll get a new window that offers the option to convert to mp3. Simply select the bit-rate that you want from the many available and click ok. (At least that's how it works for me.)

I've been using Audacity for about 6 years, up until learning to train my
ears a bit better, not happy with some its internal FX specifically the compressor.
Keep in mind, only know how to spell it..

Am using BIAB compositions, dragging into RB, doing the adjustment wanted, then recording
thru an Alesis mixer to Power Tracks 2011(started with this in 2006).

Anyway re-discovered the PT edit> audio > compressor and the default results were so much better than
the Audacity. Audacity using the default setup pushed an already strong melody and solo in the the grass.
Am aware can export as wave, load into Audacity and export as MP3.

Is there a way the lame can be installed in PT same as RB ?

Thanks in advance,

Seeker

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
seeker #110617 07/10/11 02:10 AM
RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
I had problems with MP3 Codex with my last system and installed a free copy of Cheetah DVD Burner which worked well. Checking my latest DAW, I find it even less well equipped for compressed formats so I have downloaded the latest version of Cheetah (now subject to a small fee) and use this software for format changes.

I work totally in CD quality 44.1 wave mode as final Mixes will become CDs, but I also reformat the whole final CD Burn folder to MP3 and save in an a different MP3 folder for other playing devices such as my own Home Theater setup. The beauty of this program is that a whole folder of CD quality tracks can be compressed to MP3 at a selection of bit rates between 8k and 320k very very quickly.

Odd though I have never used the program to cut the CDs or DVDs.

Lyn

LynB #110618 07/10/11 09:06 AM
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Lyn,

You answered several questions for me, Great!

First I did download foobar2000 and for some reason could not get Lame
to work. It seems to want LAME.EXE which is mentioned various places
but it always ends up being a .dll file.

Gave up on one song was working on and just used Audacity.
Then found winLame and downloaded it. Works just fine and free,
however its not as simple and clean to use as Audacity.

The second question which I did not post was quality file saves for
CD creation. Plenty of folks on this forum know, but there are many
types of wav files.
Got sidetracked. Anyway the Power Tracks 2011 track save function creates
a 709 bts quality wav file, which far exceeds the 192 bit mp3 was creating with Audacity.
Quote:

I work totally in CD quality 44.1 wave mode as final Mixes will become CDs

Its great to confirm this direction of file creation. PT does a very nice job with compressor and
fadein/out and wav creation.

Again thank you,

Seeker

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,555
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 163