Good Morning,

The Auto-Chord Wizard is fantastic. One thing would really finish it out for me. I can drop an MP3 into the Auto-Chord Wizard and get all the chord changes in less than a minute, even if the pattern goes from C# Demented to F9 Pickled 11th. Then I have to go through the lyrics word by word and determine the timing for each note, then send it to Band In A Box to play the chords while I take my guitar and pick out the melody one note at a time. This can take several hours. I do mostly Classic Country, Western Swing, some Rockabilly, and a bit of Gospel. This means I have a long list of songs I'd like to do that I can find in recordings, but not in songbooks or sheet music. Having the Auto-Chord Wizard send out a melody line would save buckets of time.

The documentation on the Auto-Chord wizard says it does not include the melody in interpreting the chord progression. I know there are other pieces of software that will attempt to take a recording, assume the vocal lead is centered in the stereo mix, and digitally remove it to create a Karaoke track. If it is possible to isolate the melody, instead of just throwing it away, please send it to Band In A Box. I could use it there.

Thank you.