I get the feeling everyone likes the new mixer, and I do to, its a real improvement, however I still get the feeling that this is really just a version 1.

The functionality is almost identical to the spin buttons on the main GUI, with only a minor tweak or two.

As this is a wish list forum I want to post my ideas about the mixer - some may like some may not

In the UK there is a saying 'don't loook a gift horse in the mouth'. In a way I kind of feel this way, but I remember I actually paid for this. Also all my criticisms are constructive. I am not grumbling, but I do think there is room for considerable improvement.

All that follows is IMO

Firstly thing I like about it. I like the resizability. I like the parkability and I like the way the combo button works (but I dont think it should be called combo).
I love the fact that we havfe at last got at least a very basic mixer.

Here are my suggestgions:

1]Having five tabs means that when you select one tab all the data on the other tabs dissapears. Let just have one tab only.

2] The Patches Pad is redundant as yhou can get this data elsewhere

3] This is a horizontal mixer, it would be better as a horizontaql mixer, its not for no reason that most mixers are designed this way.

4] If the volume faders were vertical, then the pan faders could be a small horizontal slider at the bottom of the volume fader.

5] We cant see the signal activity in the mixer - could we have a vertical red activity VDU meter alongside the (vertical) volume fader

6] The 'Tone' knob is I assume a basic eq, maybe a dial with a readout at tghe top of the channel would be good. (with numbers underneath)

7] Could we at last do away with those innnacurate names 'Combo, Piano, Bass, etc' ? Presently I am listening to 'Strings' and its a trombone! Its time these misleading labels were replaced with Channel 1 Channel 2 etc. At the bottom of each channel strip there could be lable: Chan1, Chan2, when hovered over, a tooltip could reveal the full long name.

8] Maybe there should be a way of distinguishing between a MIDI channel and an Audio/RT channel - say by color?

9] Cuuld we have a Master channel so we can control volume from within trhe program - I use the Windows Mixer which is a very odd way of working

10} Can we have some shortcut keys such as Ctrl Click to Zero Pan?

11] Honestly speaking the look of the mixer is like something I might of cobbled together on for a old VDU using spaggetti GOTO Basic version 1 (sorry if this hurts, but its true) - it's even more old fashioned looking than the rest of the GUI! Lets have some imagination given to the design - visual feedback is important. Lets have buttons that light as appropriate. Lets have swomething that looks pro, not amateur.

OK now I am going to assume (guess) that in the next update we will at last be able to use our own VSTs.

If this is the case can we also

12] Have inserts both for channels and for master output.

13] Can we have record buttons for each channel alongside the mute and solo buttons?

14] Maybe a lock function for each channel would be useful?

15] Maybe insdtead of the mixer parking in tghe corner as it does (when palying and when the A button is clicked), it could become invisible or or become transparent, at prfesent it obscures the fourth bar - no big deal but do we really need ot see the mixer at all when we are playing - if we do we can simply make it static.

Anyways these are my ideas on how to improve the mixer

OK so I think a lot of people are happy to get this version (me to) but as I say tghis is a wish of mine I want to share.

Please feel free to chip in

PG: still got my thanks for a great product despite its foibles.

Zero

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k