Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#131983 10/26/11 10:57 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
OP Offline
M
Hi all,

I bought BIAB 2011.5 Megapak about a month ago and am having a great time with it. I've also purchased 3 realtracks sets and am enjoying these as well. I think your Paul Franklin Pedal Steel Solos tracks are simply amazing! Such a difficult instrument to play well and you did a great job with it.

Anyway, I wanted to suggest that you do a couple new realtracks solo discs. The first would be for flute solos at different tempos. The second would be for solo violin with maybe a background track of real cello. Being able to generate realtracks solos for flute and violin would be amazing for progressive rock writers like myself.

Congratulations PG on a great product!

Dennis Montgomery
Mutiny in Jonestown

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
Yes, indeed, an amazing product. Personally, I'd like to see more real rhythm tracks, with hot licks thrown-in and all the rest---but, basically supportive backing tracks, not solos. I don't use any of the soloist tracks. I play my own on guitar, along with 3 great horn players, using BIAB live. I don't know why anyone would use the soloist tracks, unless it's in a recording environment.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
P
I am in full agreement. We need less time devoted to solos and a greater array of rhythm styles and tempos please. Moderate Gypsy Jazz, some rockabilly/1950's double bass and jive Bill Haley style rhythm guitars to support small horn sections. A bit of trad jazz would be great too. Far to much bebop around these days and gigging to the wider audience requires simpler more nostalgic styles. Keep up the great work BIAB, we all think you are the best!! From Fine Whines Jazz...

More Rhythm Real tracks?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/04/11 08:20 AM
More Solo Tracks?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/04/11 08:20 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
More Smooth Jazz Rhythm tracks would be great for me !

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
More accurate playing in the bluegrass lead acoustic would be wonderful. All I find is "PG artist". It sounds like a jazz player playing bluegrass....lots of missed notes and lack of variety.So would a cleaner player in rock lead guitar. Brent's tracks in this genre are OK but pretty sloppy.They don't sequence very well and tend to lack continuity no matter how many times they are regenerated.Some good, solid rock/blues piano is also lacking as is rock and blues tenor sax. I would buy a real tracks package directed towards these issues immediately but it doesn't seem to be addressed.Of course I realize it's difficult to find players in these styles. Could be there's little demand for these areas. I'm just a used to be accomplished guitar player who incurred a left hand injury and can't play anymore so these types of tracks would be great for me to use if made available. Also some half time country real tracks seem to be lacking...at least I can't find any.Thanks.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Ha ,you should hear how the harmonica sounds if you think Brent lacks continuity !

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Yeah....forgot to mention that. I once watched Brent play at a session here in Nashville and I know he can play much better than that. Who knows what he was trying to play with when those tracks went down? It just seems strange that such a great program would be so lacking in these areas.Most likely the economic conditions have driven sales down and the cost of developing real tracks is undoubtedly quite high.I would buy all kinds of add ons if these things were included.Rock piano is completely left out except for one track called Texas funky or something like that...I understand because I know how hard it is to find piano players who know how to play without muddying" up everything. Imagine if all this was as good as the Paul Franklin stuff! How cool would THAT be?!He clearly put allot of vision into the tracks he laid down.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Paul really nails it on any chord you dish out too !

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
While we're real track wishing, here's one I'd like to see---a pedal steel rhythm part in the swing (Sw) style at slower tempos, say, around 085. The Ev style is present, but not Sw. The Sw 085 is available in the fiddle real track. A droning steel would make a nice background on some country ballad tunes, maybe switching out with the fiddle throughout the tune.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
Real Track 'free jazz' piano trio, no metre, just implied tempo with the ride cymbal and irregular punctuations on the rest of the drum kit. The bass playing broken figures and the piano doing extravagant glissandos, trills, staccato stabs a la Cecil Taylor at his most hyperactive. The old folks at the nursing home gigs won't know what hit them!

Regards

Alan

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Tommy,
You bet! The guy is an awesome musician. Watched Buddy Emmons on a session back in '93...he was something! Just nailed everything in one take. BTW...do you know a way to get half time country out of real tracks?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Did you ever hear Billy Braddy play ? Buddy and Billy ( good friends) were given the first pedal steels by Fender ! I was Billy's sound man for that last 4 years of his life ,he never told me he was dying of cancer until a couple weeks before . I had just purchased 2004 Biab and was about to record some western swing tunes when he passed . I started recording his steel guitar direct at gigs so I could save some of his music ,but he only had 2 gigs left . I made a CD of his licks to use in my home recordings ,but have never used them yet . I played on a CD with Maurice Anderson (also friends w/ Billy)before in Dallas ,but was just a hired guitarist. He was so incredible and did all of the tunes in only one take . He wrote the charts for us all so fast it was unbelievable . Here is a picture of Billy and another friend of mine that passed Pee Wee Walker (great fiddle player) we played together every Sat. night for 4 years. I miss them both !
http://www.etsga.org/

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
D
The dixieland tracks are very meagre and poor and really should be improved. It does not seem to recognise how popular the music is in Europe although looked down on in the US. The Dukes of Dixieland really not the real thing. There is a UK trad jazz web site with 4000 or so Dixieland/Trad tunes in a Box format which suffer from a lack of Real Tunes Dixieland Styles. Maybe someone should listen to the Uptown Lowdown Jazz Band form Seattle on Youtube to see how lively Dixieland/Trad should be..... Dondel

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hi all,

I bought BIAB 2011.5 Megapak about a month ago and am having a great time with it. I've also purchased 3 realtracks sets and am enjoying these as well. I think your Paul Franklin Pedal Steel Solos tracks are simply amazing! Such a difficult instrument to play well and you did a great job with it.

Anyway, I wanted to suggest that you do a couple new realtracks solo discs. The first would be for flute solos at different tempos. The second would be for solo violin with maybe a background track of real cello. Being able to generate realtracks solos for flute and violin would be amazing for progressive rock writers like myself.

Congratulations PG on a great product!

Dennis Montgomery
Mutiny in Jonestown

Welcome to the forums, and to BIAB! And I completely agree with you -- in the Styles Wish List forum, I just this morning requested some classical RTs, precisely the kind you're asking about. (I didn't mention cello, but I'd love it.) Here's hoping they get to it by next summer....

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
K
K
I guess some of the session musicians are too far north to understand how to play real country/ southern gospel... I could send some recordings from our session guys... especially the piano player... these guys know when to come on and when to lay out.... backibg real tracks should be just that... fire that fiddle player they just played something way out of the box!!

Can't you tell when a singer would 'normally' be singing and therefore when to do a fill? I'm waiting for the 2012 sale... please hurry that up... I'm ready to upgrade to everything you got!! Brilliant program... I've owned it since it was a DOS program...

More tempos please... 65 85 100 110 120 130 140 150 160 and so on... I always seem to end up with tempos that fall between the cracks and the audio gets grainy... then I have to go in the booth and do a rhythm pass on my acoustic to 'glue' it together... You really should get the main styles of music nailed down before trying for the stranger stuff...

Keep up the great work!!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L
Knuckler--Don't bother to send a CD of your session players. P.G. Music has hired the finest players in the world. Let me take a minute to give credit to Peter Gannon and crew for selecting the best and not the cheapest featured in BIAB and RB. If I uderstand your post. FIRE THE FIDDLE PLAYER? If you had a current version of Band In Box you could read about the musicans that you are running down. The list looks somewhat like this:1 Wanda Vick-from Crook And Chase tv show and countless sessions. 2 Stuart Duncan was 8 time IRMA fiddle player of the year. 3- Hank Singer featured often on the Marty Stewart tv Show, is the fiddle player we hear on the Bill Anderson specials and recorded with Faron Young. 4- Kenny Sears fronts The Time Jumpers Band @ The Station Inn, to Kenny Sears left on stage you will see another P.G. musican. His name is Paul Franklin. Kenny was with Mel Tillis for years. 5-Glen Duncan has toured with Earl Scruggs,Bill Monroe, Recorded with Shania Twain,John Denver. 6- Andy Leftwich was with Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder,Travis Tritt,Steve Warniner ,he was also featured on PBS with greats such as Ricky Skaggs,Earl Scruggs and Doc. Watson. 7- And Tim Kilphuis from Holland. He is considered one of the world's best at his craft. Check out his wonderful work in the Gypsy styles and as a featured soloist. I do not post very often on this forum,but I felt a need to respond to your one and only post. You joinded the forum last Sunday and here it is only thursday. (Thanksgiving Day) I want to welcome you to the forum and say your statements about P.G. Music' choice of muicans STINKS . e.l.c.

Last edited by Leon Carpenter; 11/24/11 01:20 PM.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
for those requesting different tempos for existing real tracks.. have you tried changing the timing as shown in this video?

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=337886&an=0&page=0#Post337886

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Also, if you want the players to come in and out as real players do, then you need to do the work. The program does not read your mind it supplies basic tracks. If you want say the fiddle player to not play over the vocal put a hold on the fiddle track at the beginning of the vocal, and keep it there until the vocal ends. Same with any other tracks. You have to be the conductor, and direct the players. i might use three fiddle RTs to get what i want, a soft basic one for fill in some areas, and a solo one in the right place and a chop track for during other activity.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
K
K
I've had Biab since it was a dos program.... I guess you don't have a sense of humor about my remarks... when one of the players suddenly goes off in left field, 'Fire that damn player!!' is just studio humor... though I have recorded some of the best session players out there... Nashville cats and all.... though I understand that BIAB is doing incredible things it still seems that a B/G player should know when to add the fills... usually 3 or four beats into the bar....

I recommend BIAB to every musician/songwriter I meet as an essential tool...

I've been on BIAB's forums before I just had a different email so I just re-upped... I've been recording for 35 years... 17 of them in New Orleans... I've recorded George Porter Jnr from the Meters, Ziggiboo Modeliste from the same, Mighty Sam McClean... Earl King... Up here Ralph Stanley's ban dthe Clinch Mountain Boys twice, and Ralph himself one time. This studio has recorded Doc Watson, Kenny Chesney and many others over the years... just giving my creds...

Love, Hugs & Jesus to you

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,639
Posts735,352
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
DC Ron 98
dcuny 89
DrDan 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.