Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
1st off never use ASIO settings if you do not have an ASIO driver setup. A notebook when using the built in sound card will not have real ASIO drivers. Adding ASIO4All will change that, but ASIO4All is not real ASIO, it is a ASIO wrapper for MME.

Second, i suggest changing the sample rate in both BiaB, and in the sound card applet to 44,100. It might be an issue with 48,000

Also undo the check boxes that force the system to use Coyote WT, and also the one that sends to DXi, and change the setting for midi output to microsoft synth GS, and see what you get. Then when you go back to Coyote, do not choose Midi Mapper. Leave it at Microsoft synth gs , and force it over to Coyote WT. Midi mapper has always been glitchy to me.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Veteran
You think there is something wrong? Sounded fine to me.

[KIDDING]. It sounds like someone opened the door, and suddenly it is -140 degrees in there.

Try a quick experiment please: download and run the DPC Latency Checker. Let it run at least two minutes and see if it identifies a problem using audio on your PC. Clearly, things are OK to a point, and then it all sinks into quicksand. Look at the second illustration on the site, and you'll see a PC where things ran OK for twenty seconds then went bad. Wireless networks can do that, for example. Go to http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

The site has very good directions for troubleshooting, if you do identify a problem.

I should also comment on the sound in your recording. The MIDI Mapper is selected in the MIDI Output dialog, and that's normally the worst possible choice. You have Coyote Forte selected but I'm not sure you are hearing it. What does this German mean in the MIDI Output dialog, "Keine MIDI/Sound Eingaeb"? If that is a soundcard, it should be tried instead of the MIDI Mapper.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
See I told you they would come....

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

N
N
Hi, Florian!

Although this is my first post, I am a longtime user of BIAB from its DOS days through Version 2011.5, with every version of Windows from 3.1 to Windows 7. I am having a problem very similar to yours, and have a pending support case with PG Music.

In my case, when I render a song to a .WAV file, it will start out fine. Then all MIDI instruments gradually disappear, leaving only the Real Drums playing. I cannot render to either .WMA or .MP3 at all. With the guidance of the Support Team, I have tried setting after setting without success. I have an onboard sound card and have had no problems rendering in either Windows XP or Vista. My problems began a few weeks after a fresh Windows 7 installation and several automatic "updates" from Microsoft.

Here is my current workaround. Compose the song in BIAB until you are satisfied with the result. Save the song as a BIAB file. Then close BIAB and open the song in RealBand. I don't know why, but I am able to render to both .WAV and .WMA files in RealBand. I use a third-party converter to then render the .WAV file to .MP3 if necessary. I have been able to successfully render the files in RealBand using any DXi synth, and using either MME or ASIO4All drivers. And this may give you hope. I am using a 2008 HP notebook for which the Conexant soundcard drivers have not been updated since March of 2008.

If nothing else has worked for you, I hope you will try this method. Hopefully, PG will come up with the solution since there are at least two of us experiencing this problem.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

...This is a brand new Dell notebook with i7Core, running Win7...I see you'Re running pretty much the same system, but never had any issues, did you?

I wanted to comment on this, for what its worth. One big difference between my Dell and yours is my is a desktop model and I have disabled the on-board stock Realtec soundcard and replaced it with a PCI card made for a DAW. I long ago realized that the "interface \ sound card" was critial to recording so I moved in that direction and looked for an appropiate device.

Not sure this is relavent to your current issue, Actually, I don't think it should be, but just something to think about.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hi everyone,

i am using BiaB 2011 on a Win 7 system (Notebook).

When I render a song into Audio (.wav or other formats), the songs gets scrambled up. It' just a tiny little thing, so that I didn't even believe it at first (with slower songs), but now that I've rendered my first faster song (@180bpm) I am sure there is something wrong in the rendering process. The song just isn't in-time afterwards.

What could be the problem? Inside BiaB, everything's fine, it all happens during rendering.

Thx for any help
Florian

Florian. Can you please send the song and style you're using to: russell_demussel@hotmail.com I'd like to see what it does when I render it on my computer. I'm still running Win XP. No real issues here.

I just rendered one of the fake songs that came with BIAB and it worked fine. There may be a couple of issues you should look at.

1. Is the style where you render the song in the same folder?

2. Do you have indexing turned on? If so turn it off. If not then turn it on.

3. Are you running BIAB on a USB drive or on your computers hard drive?

Let me know what you have. And do send the song and style to me.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I am using a 2008 HP notebook for which the Conexant soundcard drivers have not been updated since March of 2008..

NMB - a real lurker.

This on-board laptop sound card is certainly in common with our OP. How has this performed for you in the past. Do you use it to reocrd? or just playback? Do you use it with any other music applications (DAWs)? and how does it perform? Just askin cause I would suspect this would generally be a problem. My experience is that todays music applications need a serious sound device.

Perhaps these laptops need an external sound device to get proper input and output versus the standare soundcard. Just thinkin out loud....

I'd say welcome to the forum, but apparently you have been around

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Florian. Can you please send the song and style you're using

Good suggestions Russ. Florian did provide the BIAB file earlier in the thread (see the link at the beginning) and I played it and rendered it and all was good on my machine.

N
N
Hi Jazzman!

If there were an award for lurking, I'm sure I'd be a contender! This was the first chance I had to make a contribution to the forum. I hope my solution works for the OP.

My HP laptop originally came with a dual core AMD Turion 64, 3 GB of memory and 32-bit Vista. I was able to run not only BIAB and RealBand, but PowerTracks and (lately) Reaper. About two months ago I wiped the hard drive and installed a year-old copy of Windows 7. I also increased the memory to the maximum 4 GB. For several weeks all of the programs worked properly. And BIAB still does, except that I can't render anything within the program.

I don't know if the soundcard is any good for recording because I'm a step-entry guy. I use Finale PrintMusic, or even the Piano Roll to enter MIDI melody lines and then flesh out the arrangements in BIAB. It worked really well in the XP days (only 4 years ago) when I created an entire Christmas album of songs with a single melody line backed up by BIAB.

And speaking of outboard soundcards... Six years ago I had a laptop with a PCMCIA slot into which I was able to plug a Creative Audigy ZS Notebook card. It worked like a charm, had its own ASIO drivers and even had a built-in soundfont player. Unfortunately, technological advancement and real progress often don't go together!

Veteran
Veteran
Quick question, because I can't find any distinction in the thread: is this rendering a single two-track stereo file, or rendering the instruments as individual tracks? (I always do the latter, because I port the tracks to Reaper for the mix.)

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
F
flogae Offline OP
OP Offline
F
@filkertom: it's a single two-track stereo file.

@all: thank y'all so much for all the suggestions and support. I have too little time during the week to even start checking it all out, but I will get at it starting Friday and get back to you ASAP.

What seems to be clear by now:
1) The problem is within my system or BiaB configuration, as the song renders properly on other machines
2) Using ASIO is unnecessary, since no recording is involved. I will try and stick to MME to not create further problems
3) I will get latest Updates/Builds from pgmusic, latest drivers from Dell for the soundcard, latest drivers for my MIDI Keyboard
4) I will try a Factory reset
5) I might try a trial version of Forte, although strictly speaking, proper rendering should be possible with CoyoteWT
6) had a phone call with the Support hotline of my local vendor, who suggested disabling Antivir Software, trying to run BiaB in Admin mode, disabling mobile network connections (apart from all the things you folks already suggested..)

Lot of testing ahead...

@jazzmandan: sorry, I didn't mean to remind you of your past troubles....:-)could've guessed from the sheer number of your posts that you must've been in trouble before. I was merely interested, because you have a Dell and Win7 system...didn't realize it's a Desktop - in that case, things aren't really comparable.

When this notebook was brandnew, I was a little annoyed by how much useless and even obtrusive software was pre-installed by Dell - making it a so-called "Multimedia Notebook":( I still have the suspicion that there is some of it left that keeps BiaB from working properly.

Does anyone know of a freeware analysis tool to diagnose and troubleshoot the system's sound and MIDI setup under Win7? I know there are such things for WinXP, but haven't heard of something for Win7. It could be a good idea for me to try and run such a tool.

Veteran
Veteran
The tool I linked to above, the DPC Latency Checker, is designed to check that a PC is powerful enough and configured correctly so that audio can run successfully. It runs on any Windows PC, and it is free. Did you try it?.

MIDI does not stress any computer. I can't imagine that, once it works at all, it would ever be a problem.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
F
flogae Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Allright now everybody,

all problems solved with help of technical support from my vendor.

Just needed to upgrade to latest Build 319b from 312. Things can be so simple, but I didn't know how to do this and the guy showed me...took him 3 minutes on the phone, remote-controlling my laptop with TeamViewer Software.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the suggestions and help from you fellas.

Florian

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,638
Posts735,345
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182