Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#132930 11/07/11 06:36 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Someone posted this on FB. I thought it would be a good thing to share.

Sometimes the best way to build your own business is by helping more money stay in the community. In light of the Occupy Wall Street phenomenon, the timing might be right to spearhead a new approach to the holidays this year by helping each other help ourselves.

As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high gear to provide monstrous piles of cheap goods -- merchandise being produced at the expense of local labor and local jobs.

This year could be different ... should be different ... must be different.

This year Americans can give the gift of genuine concern for other Americans (or Canadians for Canadians, Australians for Aussies, etc.) There is no longer an excuse that nothing can be found that is produced by American hands. Yes there is!

It's time to think outside the box. Who says a gift needs to fit in a shirt box, wrapped in wrapping paper produced somewhere else in the world by somebody else's workers?

Everyone gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local hair salon or barber?

Membership at the local gym? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.

Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, locally-owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.

Were you thinking of plunking down hundreds of dollars on a foreign-made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift recipient would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or driveway plowed all winter, or a few rounds of golf at the local course.

There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half dozen breakfasts at the local cafe?

(Do you see the power of promoting your gift certificates from this perspective?)

This isn't about big national chains -- this is about supporting home town small businesses -- your neighbors with their financial lives on the line -- and helping them to keep their doors open.

How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?

Thinking about a heartfelt gift for Mom? I'll bet she would LOVE the services of a local cleaning lady for a day ... or a nice lunch with the ladies.

Most computers could use a tune-up, and I KNOW you can find some young techie who is struggling to get his repair business up and running.

If you're looking for something more personal, there are local crafts people who spin their own wool and knit it into scarves. Others make jewelry and pottery and beautiful wooden boxes and kid's toys.

Needless to say, it would help if people planned their holiday outings at local, owner-operated restaurants and left their server a nice tip. And, after a great meal at your place, how about encouraging those folks to see a play or a movie at a hometown theater?

Musicians need love too, so find (or become) a venue showcasing local bands.

I could go on but you get the idea. Christmas 2011 should be about caring about US, keeping more money in town and encouraging local small businesses to keep plugging away to follow their dreams ... starting in their own communities.

And, when we care about our fellow countrymen, we care about our neighborhoods, and the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine.

THIS could be the new American Christmas tradition ... and you could get it started in your town ... if you are willing to spread the word and Do the Work!

Bill Marvin - Electronic Housecall

Mick Emery #132931 11/07/11 08:08 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Makes incredible sense to me. I've been doing my best to buy from local businesses rather than national chains for several years anyway.

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
filkertom #132932 11/07/11 10:38 AM
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Living in a small town in Upstate NY, this is what everyone has always done. If we didn't every business would vanish. The good hair cutting people stay in business forever. Always word of mouth. Too many are gone over night, but the one's that remain are very good. We also depend on places to eat and I don't mean fancy restaurants. Pizza places and Chinese takeout.

We also really protect our Diner/Restaurants. Weekend breakfasts are very big in this town. No one goes to McDonalds, ever.

Not much in the way of clothing. No more shoestore either. But we do keep our Hardware store going and they've decided to open for 6 hours on Sundays as well. They have higher prices and they do sell mostly Chinese made stuff, but they are a store we can depend on. They do sell a lot of small things that are still made in the US. Brads, nail, picture hooks, plumbing items and electrical are all made in the USA. I think they all come from wire and Staple companies. A lot of tools made in China. They stink. I couldn't even buy a decent hammer. Had to get an old one from a friend to use. A good one made in US was over $35.00. Not a ridiculous price, but all I need it for now in an apartment is to hang pistures.

We just went through a flood and lost everything. After finding a new place to live we had to buy furniture. We bought a lot of furniture from a local outlet store and all of it is made in the US. Mostly Wisconson. We felt very good that it was all American made.
Wayne,

(I had to replace my clothes from Kmart. They mostly come from China or countrys I've never heard of)

redguitars #132933 11/07/11 12:15 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'd 'like' it. Support the locals. You are one of them.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
redguitars #132934 11/07/11 12:17 PM
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
It would be nice if this sentiment went all the way up through the most expensive consumer items like automobiles.

I could still be living in Michigan, if that was the case.

Detroit will probably never live down the legacy of the mid-1970's-late 1980's vehicles. People still think that's what Detroit churns out, though some know better.

However, here's what's gone forever:

1. US made electronics, for the most part.
2. US made affordable musical instruments
3. US made affordable, yet quality textile based clothing and shoes

Consumer sentiment and buying trends are largely responsible for this.

Remember when Wal-Mart used to brag on selling only US-made items? It wasn't that long ago; perhaps 15 years ago. That was before we all caught the bug of inexpensive from Wal-Mart.

It is very interesting to now live in Colorado. I see more Subarus here in 1 week than I saw in an entire year in the Detroit area. Folks here think they need the all-wheel drive, but they really don't. It's the transplants from the south and southwest that never saw a snowflake all winter where they used to live that think they need AWD for the rare snow storm we get here most winters. FWD works a treat for most, and RWD for those that know what they are doing. Great thing about CO is that the next day the sun shines bright and the 2-4 inches of snow are a memory.

The thing is those Subaru purchasers probably don't know a single soul of who engineered or manufactured those products nor previously American made product. It's like me buying a Vizio TV. It's an appliance to me, and the car purchase is an appliance purchase to them. Once we lose the connection to the person(s) who made the product, it's harder to understand that livelihoods are at stake in purchase decisions. This made it really hard to buy a good ol' Buick LeSabre for my 17 year old. Back in MI, I had my choice of vehicles with the venerable Buick 3800 engine that gets 30+ MPG on the highway, but also has the snot to get out of the way of a Semi bearing down on one. Here it was slim pickings, but I held out and found a grandma owned 2000 LeSabre. 32 MPG on I-25 at 70 mph and lots of sheet metal between the front and rear bumpers and the driver position - great safety record.

This goes all around. We are all guilty of the demise of locally produced consumer items that sustain both white and blue collar jobs when we don't consider country or source of origin.

On a related note: Here's a challenge - rent Food, Inc. and try to take a neutral view as you watch it.

I watched about 15 minutes of Food, Inc. and was humbled and ashamed at my ignorance of big-food manufacturing; which is still US-based, but be prepared to do some serious soul-searching if you choose to watch this movie as you see the effect on the local farmer. While I might sound like a bleeding-heart left-winger, I can say I've voted the other side of the aisle on a 99 to 1 basis. Might be changing for me as I age and as I seek out alternative sources of information than what's on any of the networks.

I buy American, if I can, and if the quality is up to snuff.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Not one VCR was ever made in the US.

redguitars #132936 11/07/11 02:54 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Been a long time since a TV was made here also. I think Zenith was the last one 25 years ago, wasn't it?

rharv #132937 11/07/11 05:13 PM
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
rharv, there are conflicting sources of information on whether it was Zenith or Curtis Mathes as the last standing, Made in USA manufacturer. Now that TVs are all nearly LCD, it's like the laptop market, where there are only a few actual design manufacturing locations; all Asia based. One week these locations are cranking out HP lappies, next week Apple (yes Apple contract manufactures almost all of it's products in China), next week Dell. All of them likely get repaired by UPS - yes UPS - at locations nearby UPS hubs across the country.

The last synth that I bought was an Ensoniq VFX-SD, made in Malvern, PA if I'm not mistaken. That was 1989 - still hard at work in the home studio as a midi controller. Built like a tank. Heavy as a tank as well! It did have an issue with an internal card-edge connector that Ensoniq sent out a service bulletin to solder jump wires across this edge connector. Mine was serviced by Nalli music in Ann Arbor.

I also have a made-in-USA electric guitar: My Peavey Milestone. I need to replace the pots in that thing. It's a fine instrument. Same type of pups as in the T-60, which is still a popular guitar in C&W bands for some reason. Those guitars were some of the first CNC cut bodies and necks in the USA, if not the world.

My acoustic guitar is made in N.A. Larrivee made in Vancouver. Great product but I probably can't sell it internationally and I'm nearly certain Mr. Larrivee is not buying finished ebony fingerboards from somewhere. I got a tour of the Oxnard location and the fingerboard blanks were there, unfinished, at that time back in probably 2005 or so.

My Fender Fat Strat is a Made in Mexico product, with a rosewood fingerboard. Probably can't sell that internationally either since I don't have the provenance of the fingerboard.

My Chinese made SX bass, and Valencia classical guitars have rosewood fingerboards on both of those. I don't have the provenance of those either.

-Scott

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Very good thoughts here and I totally agree and try to do the same as you guys. The problem was showcased on an hour long NatGeo or maybe Discovery show last year about Briggs and Stratton the small engine makers for all kinds of small power equipment. It was about moving their primary engine plant to China and how the owners agonized about it for several years but finally felt they had no choice but to do it.

It was all about cost of manufacturing.

They got a brand new state of the art factory in one of the huge Chinese industrial parks that they've been building in the best locations for shipping for the last 10 years or so with our money. About two thirds of the show was following the few high execs that went to China to set it up. Everything was ultra modern, fully computerized and robotic. What makes it so unfair is the Chinese can just take whatever land they want and move the people already there wherever they want to and there's no class action lawsuits about emminent domain. They don't have all the safety regs we do, the insurance regs, all the benefits for the workers none of that stuff. On top of that the Chinese are building a large coal fired power plant every week. They say they're building them with the same level of emission controls we use but nobody believes that least of all me.

We all see thousands of containers on trains and trucks all over this country with COSCO on them. How many of you reading this knows that's not the COSTCO we're familiar with, the membership shopping warehouse company. No, it means Chinese Ocean Shipping Company and it's very easy to not notice the missing T. The next time any of you see a big fleet of trucks or a 110 car freight train with double decker containers saying COSCO think about that. It's huge.

The problem with trying to bring those manufacturing jobs back here is all the investment already made by hundreds of American companies in China now. Those plants will last 50 years or more. Not only that our regulatory and labor laws just won't cut it in the international (read Third World) marketplace.

The only possible thing that would help is for enough of us to completely boycott Chinese made products even if they have some of the biggest and most revered American names on them. By enough of us I probably mean at least 25-30% and it would have to last for years. All I can say is good luck with that. But if we could do it long enough for the companies to realize there is a market here for higher priced US made goods it's possible I guess but I seriously doubt it could ever happen.

The worldwide economy is here to stay and what it's doing is lowering our standard of living to allow theirs to rise.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
jazzmammal #132939 11/07/11 06:33 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

Quote:

The worldwide economy is here to stay and what it's doing is lowering our standard of living to allow theirs to rise.

Excellent point. So the real question is, ... what do we do about that?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Realistically, people are not going to pay more for stuff if they don't have to. When it comes to all our big trading partners including China, we're like those classic Greek wrestlers, we have each other by the balls. Whatever we can do to them they can do to us and it will really hurt. That leaves cutting our cost of manufacturing if that boycott I suggested doesn't work and while it sounds nice fat chance of that happening.

So how can we cut those manufacturing costs? It boils down to less regulation and less taxation on the company side and less benefits for workers. Especially with the traditional union jobs, those wages and bene's like in the old auto and steel industry for example just wasn't feasible. Those jobs simply did not require the skill and education that you would think a $75,000 a year job would demand. Plus the no cost health insurance and killer pensions. The unions demanded that level and they got it for many years from the no longer Big Three. Now the UAW owns GM and they now know that GM management really wasn't lying when they tried to tell them for the last 20 years that those levels of wages and bene's would bankrupt the company. All the UAW did was yell and scream about the exec's pay and play the class warfare card when the truth of the matter is those few fat cat exec's salary and bonuses barely nudged the overall bottom line. If they paid those exec's the exact same as a line worker it might have lowered the cost of a new Chevy by 25 cents, maybe. The company still goes bankrupt.

If you can get a hundred people right off the street with no experience and with maybe 90 days of training put them to work doing the same job the union guy was making 75K doing, what does that say? 40K is more like it without a technical college degree and that's the true fact of the matter. You don't buy a house and put your kids through college on that kind of money, it's a basic living wage in a two bedroom apartment and that's it. More than that and people have to get a real technical education not the bs fluff they've been kidding themselves with for the last 30 years.

Anyway to finish with answering your question, lower wages and lower bene's for those types of jobs coupled with big tax breaks and less regulation especially OSHA, the EPA and maybe the biggest one, protection from frivolous lawsuits like the kind that John Edwards made over 50 million bucks doing. Trial lawyers are the second biggest contributor to a certain political party. Then the companies can afford to make that stuff here and compete with the Chinese made goods.

The days of the false union driven economy concerning those types of jobs are over.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
jazzmammal #132941 11/07/11 10:05 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
There are some great ideas on the original post for Christmas presents. At least it's a start. It all adds up.

Mick Emery #132942 11/07/11 11:09 PM
Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Good thinking Mick. How about buying a CD from a local musician - one he/she has produced him/herself.

The worldwide economy is here because as consumers we only looked at the direct and immediate cost to us; not the real cost to our community, state, province, or country. And a result of this is that the US/Canada doesn't have much of a manufacturing sector anymore. Steel used to come from Pittsburgh and Hamilton, ON - now it comes from China. And one result of this is that a batch of reinforcing steel made its way into a recent project here, and it doesn't meet the prescribed strength specs. It used to be that when it had an ASTM number on it, you could rely on it. As a structural engineer this affects me directly.

Our provincial ferry system (which runs a lot of ferries as we are a coastal province with many islands) purchased it's newest ships from offshore - because the purchase price was less. But in the meantime, our society has to support unemployed ship-builders. What are the REAL costs of this approach? The new design layout as functional as the previous ones built here because the offshore designers didn't recognize that our society is different than theirs.

It's my opinion that globalization has only benefited the large multi-national corporations. Just my opinion so if anyone doesn't agree don't get too uptight.

Glenn

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

It's my opinion that globalization has only benefited the large multi-national corporations. Just my opinion so if anyone doesn't agree don't get too uptight.

This is true Glenn as far as it goes but you have to look deeper. It benefited those large corps because they still exist. If they didn't go mulitnational they would wind up like Bell and Howell, nothing but a glorious old name bought by an Asian conglomertate and used to hawk cheap knockoffs of other famous products like the Norelco shaver in those really annoying "but wait, there's more!!" infomercials. Young people have no idea who or what that company was, they just vaguely recognize the name and think it means something.

The problem with pricing especially with government contracts is there's laws demanding the agency put a project up for open bids and if the foreign company has complied with all the laws and regs necessary to allow them to bid then by law if their bid is the lowest the agency must award it to them. If they don't then there's a big scandal and Congressional or Parliamentary hearings about insider corruption, failure to protect taxpayers money and all that. Then that agency winds up on 60 minutes defending itself against charges of government waste, fraud and abuse.

758 million dollars for that steel when you had a bid for 622 million?!? Off with his head!!!

Bob

jazzmammal #132944 11/08/11 08:20 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Whether you get screwed by an Asian, American, or European conglomerate, globalisation means survival of the biggest by feeding on the smallest, and living by the holy quarterly return. Local communities are for the long term and we should all support them. I think it is time to reinstate import taxes and tolls to level the playing field. I know economists will howl at this suggestion, but unless you have an incentive for home production, people will not produce. If you leave it up to the public they will buy the cheap import item, and dealers will go for cheap imports every time. There are things a government can do if it wants, but yours, like ours is living for the next election, full stop. Governing is unpopular because it doesn't suit everybody, so they just administrate. The US government at least admits as much and calls itself the Administration.
Pay more for home grown, and keep people in jobs. In Switzerland this works, everything is expensive, but folks earn a decent wage, so everybody's happy. And if they don't like the way things are run they run a referendum and vote on it. Easy.

Chris
CeeBee #132945 11/08/11 08:40 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Adam Smith - The Wealth of Nations. The opposite approach? Give me a monopoly for ice cream and just the southwest quadrant. I'll jack up the price, sell lots in the summer, and enjoy winters south. Don't let any multinational dairy in. Cool.

This is a problem long studied, without great answers. So far in our generations we've been muddling along as a consortium of sorts, most of it based on free trade. Why should your sandals cost 40 bucks so Jack down the street can sew them, instead of bringing them in from some poor island.

As to inferior products, the end user rejects them. Put out the call for x and if you don't get it, don't pay.

Polysci and econ 101, not taken by most, and not understood in most contexts anyway. Global trade wars and protectionism don't work either.

John Conley
Musica est vita
CeeBee #132946 11/08/11 08:45 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I think it is time to reinstate import taxes and tolls to level the playing field. I know economists will howl at this suggestion, but unless you have an incentive for home production, people will not produce.

Just my 2 cents . . . how about we take the handcuffs of of American production i.e. by keeping the government out of their business by stopping the tons of regulations and then taxing them away from doing business here in the good ole USA, now this would help to level the playing field. I know I started a family business 6 years ago and could pull the trigger on expansion any day now which would allow me to hire 3-4 more people but with expanision comes a crap load of government regulations, paperwork, workman's comp, a host of special insurances and other assorted government requirements. Therefore we remain a smaller easier to manage family business.

Later,

Danny C. #132947 11/08/11 12:56 PM
Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Economist? There are quite a few non-complimentary expressions about economists and most of them are true.

They fail to recognize that the "law" of supply and demand doesn't apply to a finite world with finite resources. It's not rocket science or brain surgery, but it surely demonstrates how much nonsense the economists have come up with.

Glenn

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

They fail to recognize that the "law" of supply and demand doesn't apply to a finite world with finite resources. It's not rocket science or brain surgery, but it surely demonstrates how much nonsense the economists have come up with.

Glenn

What are you talking about Glenn? If some humungous gold deposit were to be discovered tomorrow that would increase the worldwide supply of gold by 30% what do you think that would do to gold prices?

Bob

jazzmammal #132949 11/08/11 01:30 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
In this day and age it would drive them up through speculation that this is the last big find, get it now! Rush on gold = price going up .. <grin>

Actually it would be kept quiet and leaked into the market at the most profit possible by keeping prices up. These rich people ain't stupid and have played this game before (diamonds anyone?)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,633
Posts735,260
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181