Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#135598 11/26/11 01:48 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Had my setup in the downstairs office room to test it. Loaded RB onto the computer, did a short test song, everything was fine.

Get the thing upstairs, remember now all I did was carry a PC up 12 steps....

Booted up. RB no longer saw the MOTU card. Had to reconfig RB. Since getting that part of the day's entertainment completed, RB has crashed 11 times. "Encountered an error... yada yada yada..." Finally get it to run, and running the SAME test song, the only difference being that it is now running 8 separate outs into my Mackie mixer, the drums are playing at like 250db and just crazy distorted. Changed channels on the MOTU twice, tried 4 different Mackie channels, used the gain change to take the drum track down -6... nothing. AND every change I make, RB crashes. Reinstalling RB clean right now, but the only thing different from downstairs is that downstairs I was listening thru headphones. The lights on the MOTU are doing the same thing they did down there, everything is fine on 7 channels. That drum channel is crazy distorted.

Any ideas if the reinstall doesn't help?

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Obvious answer, go back downstairs!! Sorry, had to say it. Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
LOL!! Iknew I could count on you.

And a one and a two....

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
And wow, I forgot how long it takes to install this thing....

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm sure the MOTU has some sort of mixer app.. Look in there for the high levels.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Those dam drummers :-}

Sometimes when moving desktop computers a card will come very so slightly loose. Try opening your case and one at a time pull out the card and push it back in. You may have to do the same with the memory cards although that is a long shot.

If it’s a laptop then unplug everything and plug them back in.

I don’t know if that is your problem but I have seen this happen before.

Good luck.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Changed from ASIO to MME and everything was fine, to include that it no longer abends every time I close the program.

(Oh my god, did I just use the word "abend" in a normal conversation? I have been in IT way too long....)

I can now assign each track to 1-2. or 3-4. or 5-6 or 7-8. and as John explained panning hard left is the odd channel, hard right is the even.

Tomorrow's adventure will be adding the SECOND MOTU and see how Real Band handles it. I have no idea how it will know what to send to where when I have 2 of them.

But for right now it is going on 6am and after a long night of running sound, driving an hour home, having a sandwich and playing some up in the studio, it is finally time to get some sleep.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I think MOTU will assign some sort of differentiation to the other outs so you know what is what.If I was a betting man I'd say it will know that you have another box hooked to the card and assign 9-10, 11-12 etc and the same for the next box. My concern here is that RB only has 16 ports available. Open RB with and audio track on it and right click on the track. A menu opens.Near the top is port and you'll see only 16. To this means you won't be able to use the 3rd box.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
When I used 2 Aardvarks Q10's they had a cable between them to sync up and the software numbered the tracks sequentially. I would bet MOTU would be similar. They were very unstable at times till I got a newer driver, even then you had to do a net stop and start when they had problems . I used the Aardvarks to record a live band every Saturday night for 4 years and always missed a song or 3 ,but it was great when it worked . Took a lot of cpu % to record a bunch of tracks too . When I lost the job I was happy to see them go and got a 2 channel maudio to replace as I hardly ever used more channels than that at home .

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

I think MOTU will assign some sort of differentiation to the other outs so you know what is what.If I was a betting man I'd say it will know that you have another box hooked to the card and assign 9-10, 11-12 etc and the same for the next box. My concern here is that RB only has 16 ports available. Open RB with and audio track on it and right click on the track.

It didn't work when I tried it downstairs, BUT at that point I had the ASIO drivers active. Since I changed back to the other drivers a lot of issues resolve themselves. I am going to plug up the second box after the Browns game.

Oh, and I only have 2 of these, so 16 is all I need. 16 channels, 16 channel mixer..... love those powers of 2.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

When I used 2 Aardvarks Q10's they had a cable between them to sync up and the software numbered the tracks sequentially. I would bet MOTU would be similar. They were very unstable at times till I got a newer driver, even then you had to do a net stop and start when they had problems . I used the Aardvarks to record a live band every Saturday night for 4 years and always missed a song or 3 ,but it was great when it worked . Took a lot of cpu % to record a bunch of tracks too . When I lost the job I was happy to see them go and got a 2 channel maudio to replace as I hardly ever used more channels than that at home .

Each MOTU has a cable that runs from the PCI card to the rack piece, and the card will feed 4 of them. I only have 2.

My assumption (I know, assume means make an ass of U and ME) is that since MOTU made the card, the card would not have 4 outs if it was not capable of processing for 4 of their own MOTU units. We'll know in a while.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

I think MOTU will assign some sort of differentiation to the other outs so you know what is what.If I was a betting man I'd say it will know that you have another box hooked to the card and assign 9-10, 11-12 etc and the same for the next box. My concern here is that RB only has 16 ports available. Open RB with and audio track on it and right click on the track.

It didn't work when I tried it downstairs, BUT at that point I had the ASIO drivers active. Since I changed back to the other drivers a lot of issues resolve themselves. I am going to plug up the second box after the Browns game.

Oh, and I only have 2 of these, so 16 is all I need. 16 channels, 16 channel mixer..... love those powers of 2.

Some reason I thought 3. Well I think you're in luck.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Some reason I thought 3. Well I think you're in luck.

My MOTU guru and my band's trumpet player uses 3, but he has a 28 channel mixer too. And he uses a LOT of channels at once, so I know it is possible. I just need to learn.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

Each MOTU has a cable that runs from the PCI card to the rack piece, and the card will feed 4 of them. I only have 2.

My assumption (I know, assume means make an ass of U and ME) is that since MOTU made the card, the card would not have 4 outs if it was not capable of processing for 4 of their own MOTU units. We'll know in a while.

I agree Eddie. The MOTU card is really set up as a 32 channel card. Those boxes are just the ADC/DAC. With Ardvark I think and with the MAudio Delta 1010 like I had each box had a PCI card which made sync an issue at times.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Okay, plugged up the second MOTU, ran it's config panel, set it up to turn on the ins and outs, started Real Band and now I have MOTU-A and MOTU-B, each with 8 ins and outs and I can send 16 outs to my mixer, mix in my mixer, EQ, add offline effects... and then send the final product into Adobe Audition to record it.

Everybody had GREAT input as I walked this path. I would have found, but not known to look for, the fact that I need to pan hard left to assign to the odd channel and hard right to assign to the even channel without Mr Silvertones. Scott and Harv we also quite helpful as I investigated.

Took some doing and a lot of anxiety but I just came downstairs from watching the lights on both MOTUs flicker as data went through the channel. I wrote an 8 bar drum beat and copied it to 16 tracks, 1-8 on track one, 9-16 on track 2, etc, assigned it to different outs.... and watched it run, all while watching the purdy green lights flash as track after track played through the right channel.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool.
Excited for you Eddie.
Just wondering if you do realize that you *could* record those inputs right back into RB if you wanted to. It does have the capability. <grin> No need for second system or second DAW software (as long as your system is up to the task; and it probably is).

Silvertones; no idea why you had sync problems with M-Audio 1010. If hooked up correctly the multiple cards share a clock. I've ran 2 1010lt cards in sync with absolutely no problem. Done on the spot with very little effort. I often spread the cards out for daily use, but yanking one from one system and putting it in another (then syncing) for a session is pretty easy. One of the features I really like about that card.

If you had 1010 (not 1010lt) it may have been more difficult, but multiple 1010lt cards will all sync to the first one's clock. Smooth as can be. Can be sync'd a couple different ways.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
No I didn't have issues at all. Just stating that one could if you didn't understand that you needed to set up that master clock.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Okay, plugged up the second MOTU, ran it's config panel, set it up to turn on the ins and outs, started Real Band and now I have MOTU-A and MOTU-B, each with 8 ins and outs and I can send 16 outs to my mixer, mix in my mixer, EQ, add offline effects... and then send the final product into Adobe Audition to record it.

Everybody had GREAT input as I walked this path. I would have found, but not known to look for, the fact that I need to pan hard left to assign to the odd channel and hard right to assign to the even channel without Mr Silvertones. Scott and Harv we also quite helpful as I investigated.

Took some doing and a lot of anxiety but I just came downstairs from watching the lights on both MOTUs flicker as data went through the channel. I wrote an 8 bar drum beat and copied it to 16 tracks, 1-8 on track one, 9-16 on track 2, etc, assigned it to different outs.... and watched it run, all while watching the purdy green lights flash as track after track played through the right channel.

Glad I could help you sort it out.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

with the MAudio Delta 1010 like I had each box had a PCI card which made sync an issue at times

Sorry, thought you had issues after reading that.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bad choice of words. I was trying to compare the MOTU that only uses 1 card for 4 units vs the Delta 1010 that would need 4 cards. Slightly more potential but never happened.And Tommy who had the Ardvark stuff did have issues and those were nice cards at the time. Same era as the Delta 1010 when they both came out. I almost bought the Ardvard instead.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,643
Posts735,394
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.