Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Sure sounds like something got corrupted, maybe something inside RB, may require a re-install.
BTW You can re-install over existing; your files will still be there.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Road trip with Beer!

I'm in!

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
And I'll barbecue!!

Okay, went upstairs last night. Having touched absolutely nothing, changed absolutely nothing, not as much as a reboot, I launched Real Band and opened a song file. Played it through a dozen times with no incident. Today? Who knows? This really needs to be consistent....

Now given that my hardware doesn't change, my wiring OF that hardware doesn't change, my software doesn't change (I mean once it's installed.... know what I mean?), what the hell is causing this? Where are my variables? Where in RAM the Real Band code loads on a given launch is really the only variable.

It's so erratic. I loaded up a song, played with it, closed it, and went to start another song and when I clicked to pick the style it crashed.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie,
Humor me on this one.Open RB then go into task manager and set the affinity for RB to use a single processor.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
John, humor you? At this point I will try anything up to and including sacrificing a live chicken. I'll try that when I head back up.

In fact I may go to KFC and get a dead one to sacrifice for dinner.... regular, not extra crispy...

Sounds like I spoke too soon about a meet and greet. Now I have 'em coming from that state up north, California and Canada.... and I have to buy beer!

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Um, Eddie we, from Canada, have trouble with the term 'beer' when we go south. Sorry.

However on the positive side, I drank heavy ale all my life, and after 35 1/2 hour radiation treatments to the mouth and throat I can't tell pepsi from Coors light until the 3rd one.

Sadly, I'm down to one wee beer a day. I'd like 2 or 12 but it dries out my mouth for 12 to 24 hours.

Now back to the 'problem'. Jeff is the Power/RealBand guy here. There is cross platform stuff, but he might know of some reason for your plight. But like all computer problems it takes time.

I had a customer out of town who had a 8 user Unix system I put in. It crashed during the week, but never on the weekend. Drove them nuts Monday mostly. I spent months talking them through problems, it would crash when printing invoices.

They were a nice industrial strip plaza. I was standing outside their unit one day when the secretary came out and said it happened again. I suspected something and went next door. They had 3 big bays and in one was a old huge electric welder. When they started it the load took out the computer. One UPS with a filter solved it, but the utility had to come in and install a new transformer. They blamed me. Called me names. Were planning to sue me. I even felt threatened. Well I didn't think it would fit where they said they would shove it. Red faces and apologies.

If they ever start the ferry from Cleveland to Port Stanley I'm there!

The latter is about 35 minutes away. The only other time I went there we were in 2 Amphacars and it was 1964 or so. I got a nasty sunburn in the convertible though. Drove back via Detroit it got too rough. Nice AM/Am radio in that sucker.

John Conley
Musica est vita
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well, I quit drinking completely, but back in my day Labatt's put on an extra shift when my band went north....

They have been talking about that ferry for 25 years now. I have no idea why they don't just do it. Likely it's about money.... Even if the time to boat over was the same time as driving around the lake I would take the ferry instead of driving. At least I wouldn't have to go through That State Up North.

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, the fact they might whoop you on the last play of the game puts fear into you.

I live about a mile and a half from the big Labatt's brewery. They make around 1 billion bottles of beer a year, and a tractor trailer leaves every 8 minutes, going about 3 blocks from me to the 401 highway and to the US. If you stand on the street for 10 minutes you see a Labatt's truck every 3 minutes or so, going one way or the other. And tank trucks with sugar and other stuff, molasses, it just boggles the mind. You do get used to the smell, it's about 2 blocks south of downtown.

Crazy thing. For years they used the song, "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think." It's my catchphrase now. Along with what the H*** do I need this for, as I give away something else that is cluttering up my house, garage, yard, etc.

Time for some wee pills and it's bedtime for himself.

Boston Bruins, ruined my weekend. Merd#.

John Conley
Musica est vita
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
For some reason I found it fascinating that Labatt's put that little bottle opener in the underside of their bottles so you could use the empty to open the next one. So you can see, that case of Blue i drank every day was purely for reasons of marketing research.

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

Road trip with Beer!

I'm in!

Me too, I'll bring the Dos Equis for the Most Interesting Man In The World...

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
When are you guys arriving? I have a pot of white chicken chili going....

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Sorry. You all missed out on the chili. If it's any consolation, it was delicious!

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Man, white chicken chili. Like you do what, throw out the dark? I'm missing something here. Like hot tea. Here tea is hot. If you want that other stuff Liptons puts it in bottles and sells it to someone. No one I know.

John Conley
Musica est vita
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Chicken breasts ground in the food processor. A yellow onion, a red onion, one each green, red and yellow peppers, 3 kinds of white beans, a can of diced tomato, a touch of cayenne and a touch of cumin in 32 ounces of chicken broth. Simmer for 2 hours It is awesome. I won a contest with it once.

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I had sporadic problems with RB when I used ASIO drivers and none with MME drivers . Just a thought Eddie ,good luck .

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
ASIO is more touchy here as well. it take more horsepower, but i do have it running well.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I have not even risked diving into Lake Asio. All MME. And really, I don't care. If sound gets to my mixer, I'll use MME, ASIO, Bob's, Joe's, Bobby Joe's, Joe Bob's... I don't care which driver. One does nothing different for my application than the other. Just get sound to my Mackie mixer. End of story. And this has zero to do with drivers anyway. This is 100% hardware. Basic troubleshooting says that if the same problem persists with both ASIO and MME, then it is not software. If it worked with one and not the other, maybe, but it fails the same way, at the same time, in the same memory location no matter what driver is selected.

And please follow the thread guys. All is well until I plug in that second MOTU and try to access a 9th output. Or more accurately stated, the 5th pair of outputs. The error returns at the same memory address after a reinstall of the product and the MOTU PCI card (And yes they are the latest drivers from the MOTU site. Give me some credit for knowing computers.) I don't even have to have anything on that 9th track. The presence of that second MOTU box is what does it. I took a song where tracks 1 thru 8 have data and connected just ONE of the MOTU units. It played back fine. Without adding any more data requiring more throughput, I connected the second MOTU, and yes I know to power everything off and restart, and Real Band loads into RAM fine. Then I load the same song. All is still well. The second I hit that play button and data starts streaming though the PCI card, I get an access violation. Now before everybody tells me it is my PCI card like everyone has been saying, memory exceptions occur in the RAM inside the computer, with nothing to do with the PCI card. If my card was bad, it would never work. This PCI card came from a Mac that ran FOUR of these MOTU interfaces. And it ran on both Sonar and Pro Tools. My next step is to load Sonar on that computer and see what happens when I hit play. That won't help me sonically because Sonar won't play Real Band tracks without that awful stuttering and warbling, but it will prove that my hardware is not the issue. No amount of blind loyalty to PG Music will negate the facts, and the fact is that there is a bug involved here. I have over 15 hours of troubleshooting invested here, and it is simply not my hardware. This is quite simply the software's inability to access that 9th output.

Each MOTU interface works when connected as the only one. And I connected both of them to 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, and 3-4. Every combination. The exact same memory location returned the access violation.

This is THE most frustrating thing I have ever had to troubleshoot since 1982 when I started in computers. And I lived through the maturation process of MSDOS! Anybody else old enough to remember how bad 4.0 was?

So again I ask, is anybody working with anything more than 2 channel left and right outputs? If so, what kind of hardware connection do you use between PC and mixer, and does it happen on any other DAW software? Those are the last 2 questions I need to have answered, then I will be 100% sure it is the program.

And when is that road trip so I know to make more chili?

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
And what happened to you guys yesterday? I made all this chili, waited at the airport for the Canadian guys to fly in.... posted signs all over town so you could find my house.... Robh, if you leave now, you can drive in by next Sunday. John and Harv you are just a day trip away....

2. Send it to us.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I do. I use RB with 8 outs from my A2ZSNB. 6 for the band and a pair as the effects processor. and a pair from a totally different soundcard, the internal one, to drive my vocal processor. At the same time I'm running another pair from the IKMultimedia soundcard. So what's your next question?

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

I do. I use RB with 8 outs from my A2ZSNB. 6 for the band and a pair as the effects processor. and a pair from a totally different soundcard, the internal one, to drive my vocal processor. At the same time I'm running another pair from the IKMultimedia soundcard.

I am trying to understand what you said there when you said "the internal one". Where is the "other" one? When you say "6 for the band" I assume this is a laptop that you carry to gigs or would that be wrong to assume that? Yet with that many sound cards, I don't know how you could have a laptop unless you have a lot of PCMCIA slots.

So do you route each of the RB tracks to it's own channel on a mixer or do you run 6 total mixes out to the band through different outs?

My rig sends each Real Band track to a channel on my mixer so I have drums on 1, bass on 2, rhythm guitar on 3, etc. Is that what you send out?

Trying to find someone with a similar setup to ask some specific questions of.

My question is not the number of channels but how they are sent out. My system MUXes (multiplexes) all the channels into one cable coming out of the PCI card and the deMUXes at the MOTU end to 8 discrete channels out. I am looking for another user who does something similar. If your outputs are "ganged" where all the sound mixed together comes out of all 8 outs we don't do the same thing.

2. Send it to us.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,775
Posts737,259
Members38,580
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
limelitevibe, Myra Millan, Nickolas, philou33, Elvis Nash
38,580 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186