You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#157207 - 04/18/12 11:16 AM [User Showcase] Love has not Bounds - Remix
Paul bright Offline
Apprentice

Re-doing this song .. I never got it right.. 1st attempt at 2:00 am last night...
Added some new real tracks..slowed it down.. drum now 1/2 time
and redone

BB Rock Country Swing - guitar
BB Clean Electric - bass
BB 2 acoustic - 2 guitars
Piano - Ezkeys
Strings - Protools
Drum - EZDrummer

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12943448

#157208 - 04/18/12 11:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix [Re: Paul bright]
Paul bright Offline
Apprentice

still needs some parts on the chorus.. to change the sound flavor...

#157209 - 04/19/12 05:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix [Re: Paul bright]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Hi Paul,

There's a very good song here and your voice and delivery is, well, superb!

But I confess the mix distracted me. Your vocal is right up close, i.e. not a lot of reverb, but the backing is all lost in a huge reverb wash a long way away, so it sounds to me as if the drummer for example was way down the other end of a hangar desparately trying to make himself heard! In other words, the vocalist and the band weren't in the same space and so I couldn't engage myself with the backing instrumentation. I think if all the components were brought into perspective with each other then the arrangement and sounds of the instruments would all pop out as successfully as the lead vocal.

I hope you don't mind my comments! You may have been going for a full-on 'Journey'/'Reo Speedwagon' vibe, and that's all a matter of personal taste!

John
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#157210 - 04/19/12 11:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix [Re: Skyline]
Paul bright Offline
Apprentice

yea is was a bad mix.. it sounded good at 3:00 am lol... Here I hope is a better one.. There were some bad chords in the first version..

I still need to re-record the vocal track.. it was a 3:00 am sing session when I was completely wiped... and pitchy with scratchy in some places...

Edited by Paul bright (04/19/12 11:17 PM)

#157211 - 04/19/12 11:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix [Re: Paul bright]
Paul bright Offline
Apprentice

Don't like the mix yet... bummer Strings on chorus sound like two cats fighting in the back alley

Edited by Paul bright (04/19/12 11:20 PM)

#157212 - 04/20/12 12:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix [Re: Paul bright]
Paul bright Offline
Apprentice

ok.. just re-did it.. the chorus is better... replaced the realtrack with clean electric organ and praise worship pads

Edited by Paul bright (04/20/12 12:46 AM)

#157213 - 04/20/12 02:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix [Re: Paul bright]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Another excellent song! Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#157214 - 04/20/12 07:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix [Re: PgFantastic]
Paul bright Offline
Apprentice

You should have heard the version Skyline heard... lol It was cross between Mega Echo and Two cats fighting in an alley.. man that version would have caused hearing loss...lol

That't what I get for doing these on my off hours at 2:00 am.. man the paying job gets in the way of fun...lol

#157215 - 04/21/12 02:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Love has not Bounds - Remix [Re: Paul bright]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Paul,

Another good one! Good job on the vocals. Didn't hear the earlier mix you referred to. This one sounds good.

Steve

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows was released in December 2018, and included many new features and enhancements - like the enhancements we made to our Notation window!

These include:
-Pressing the space bar plays the song from the current location.
-Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location.
-The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
-Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on it.
-In the Notation Windows Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
-The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
-You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.
-A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
-Holding down the Ctrl key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
-There's a keystroke entry mode -the "N" mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
-A new button in the Print Options dialog lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the Chord Sheet.
-You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When the dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current notation track.

There's detailed information on our 2019 notation enhancements here: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 New Feature - Notation Enhancements

Jump to the Notation topic in our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 new features video.

Band-in-a-Box® Drum Features!

Today is National Drummer Day!
(not to be confused with National Hug a Drummer Day, which is October 10th)

Band-in-a-Box® is a great resource for drummers! Practice with an on-demand back-up band, learn from the Pro's with RealDrums notation (RealCharts, new with version 2019), MIDI drums notation, or play in the Drum Kit Window!

Not a drummer? Add drums to your Band-in-a-Box® project with RealDrums! Whether you're looking for Bluegrass, Blues, Bossa, Country, Dance, Dixieland, Folk, Funk, HipHop, Jazz, Latin, Metal, Pop, RnB, Rock, Soul, Techno, Traditional, Waltz, or World (and variations within) - you'll definitely find what you're looking for in our RealDrums library - there are over 500 available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Build 315 Update Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac users - a new FREE patch update (build 315) is available!
Review details and download here

Summary of changes for build 315 (Nov 15, 2019):

Fixed: Exporting MusicXML files was not working.
Fixed: When using "Auto-Hand split Piano track" feature, exported MIDI files contain wrong note durations on the Piano track.
Fixed: Note-based lyrics were not included when exporting MIDI files.
Fixed: User should be prompted to save their song when exiting, if they had added or removed plugins.
Fixed: The Record Audio dialog always says “Track type is Stereo” even if the track type is mono.
Fixed: The [Audio Options…] button in the Record Audio dialog was launching the Audio Devices dialog instead of the Audio Settings dialog.
Fixed: Loops dialog title bar displays wrong track name.
Fixed: Large patch map files are not completely loaded (were limited to 1985 patches).
Fixed: Notation context menu > Edit Section Text… did not do anything.
Fixed: Notation context menu > Insert Section Text… did not do anything.

My Favorite Things - Nudge Chords in Band-in-a-Box®

Love this time saving feature.

Ever fill in the chordsheet fully or for part of song, and then discover you want to add or take away an extra beat or more somewhere in the chordsheet.

Nudge chords (melody) from the Edit Menu is your friend here, the dialog will give you all the options either to remove or add beats where its needed.

Love it.
-musiclover

To learn more about this feature, read the "Advanced Chord Entry and Editing Features" topic when you click here.

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial & Demo - Rodney Gene Junior

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Rodney Gene Junior has shared his latest User Testimonial and Demo with us, and we LOVE it! Not only does Rodney share with the viewer his enthusiasm for our program, he also shares a few examples of how he uses Band-in-a-Box® too - make sure you check it out!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Testimonial Video - Peter Torpey

Check out our latest Band-in-a-Box video testimonial, which takes using the program to a whole new level! Peter Torpey is a long time program user who has developed a way to work with the program, even though he's visually impaired - and he wants to make sure that others can too!
Click here to watch!

Learn more about Peter here.

View all our video testimonials here.

Want to make your own Testimonial? We'd love to see it! There's information on our Video Testimonials offer here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Upgrade & Full Manuals Available!
Forum Stats
30422 Members
62 Forums
60669 Topics
513337 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
EdZ314, tommie, angelomay, jgay320, Ashanti

30421 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 193
Matt Finley 173