You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#183956 - 12/11/12 02:39 PM [User Showcase] Footsteps in the Hall
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

This is a remake of a song Pat & I wrote back in 2011.

Hope you enjoy it.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12048139

Drums, Bass, fiddle, piano and B3 are BB/RB tracks.

Guitars and mandolin are live in my studio by me.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#183957 - 12/11/12 03:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
Herb,

Really enjoyed the very special intro and ending. The mix of your mandolin,
piano, violin adds so much to the song.

Your vocals are fantastic.

First class music, Professional vocals.

Kudo's to your performance and also Pat's writing with you.

Edited by seeker (12/11/12 03:02 PM)

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#183958 - 12/11/12 05:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: seeker]
Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Quote:

Herb,

Really enjoyed the very special intro and ending. The mix of your mandolin,
piano, violin adds so much to the song.

Your vocals are fantastic.

First class music, Professional vocals.

Kudo's to your performance and also Pat's writing with you.

I'll 2nd what Frank said!

Also... An excellent mix!

Nice Job.

Greg

#183959 - 12/11/12 06:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Achordocaster]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

thanks.... we really appreciate it.... and love writing music.

#183960 - 12/11/12 07:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Redding, Ca
Rick_H Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Redding, Ca
Wow...one of the nicest mix's I have heard in a while.
Really.

Rick

#183961 - 12/11/12 07:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Rick_H]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC

Very professional sounding to my ears!

My only suggestion for change:
There were places where the mandolin and fiddle were playing nearly identical notes. Since the real track is outside your (total) control, but the mandolin is totally IN your control, it would have been interesting to hear the mandolin play harmony to the fiddle's notes.

But, if that's the worst problem you have, life is GOOD! eh?

You, sir, are a songwriter.

#183962 - 12/11/12 07:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Pat Marr]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I really want to thank you all for coming in to hear the song and for your kind words....

I'm done posting music till I write something new in January.....

again thanks...

I need to take a listen and comment on some others here.... I'll get to that shortly.

Seems like a nice community here.... I'm fairly new here.... been using BB for a few years but never really came to the forums.... good to meet all you fine people...and hope to get to know you better over time.

#183963 - 12/11/12 09:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Guitarhacker]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

It is a very good sound and vocals are mixed in nicely. Well done and thanks for sharing. Good guitar break, too.

#183964 - 12/11/12 10:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Kemmrich]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Antwort auf:

It is a very good sound and vocals are mixed in nicely. Well done and thanks for sharing. Good guitar break, too.

I totally agree.

Guenter

#183965 - 12/11/12 10:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Kemmrich]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Really pretty sound - love that mandolin.

#183966 - 12/12/12 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Texas
austin51 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Texas
I really enjoy your songs. I agree with the comments ahead of me.

There is a little hint of Willie here and there in your vocal that is very cool.

I like the lines: Memories are like watercolors left out in the rain,
A fading glimpse of scenes from yesterday

#183967 - 12/13/12 04:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: austin51]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
The guitar and mandolin playing really got my attention - nice work! I love the bit at 0:35 where the mandolin leads into the piano roll.

I second the comment on the Willie Nelson vibe - nice fit.

Nice work!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#183968 - 12/13/12 09:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Quote:

Really pretty sound - love that mandolin.

A BIG +1

Great vox and lyrics also!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#183969 - 12/14/12 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Herb/Pat,

Great "sound" - meaning the overall effect - very well put together. Good mix. Your vocal is interestingly unique - the kind that used to make people stars (it might still these days, but to me, everyone sounds exactly alike and I can't tell one from the other).

The sound on the acoustic lead is phenomenal.

floyd

#183970 - 12/14/12 08:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Footsteps in the Hall [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Wow.... I am humbled by your comments and observations. Thank you all for listening.

I have been following the comments on my smart phone but have not been able to log in to reply (senior moments with the log in data) but this laptop has it saved.... so I figured I'd better take the time to log in and think you all for listening.

If any of you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to help.... nothing I do here is a secret... well.... some of it is but most is common knowledge and simply in the methods I use....

Again, thanks....

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

An Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is Here!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2020 update announcement is HUGE!

With this updated version, easily find your (purchased) Xtra Styles PAK 9 RealStyles in the updated StylePicker window, [ctrl] and [shift] shortcut keys will allow you to open your RealDrums picker and preferences windows with one 'click', there are improvements to Bar Based Lyric entry, stable playback of style demos, the UPDATED DAW Plugin is included, and more!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more!

We've made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Watch it...

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac b412 and download here.

Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and VST DAW Plugin for Windows!

Did you see the latest build update announcement for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows?

It’s PACKED with powerful updates, including additional RealCharts, improved RealStyles demos, language support, and significant additions and improvements to the DAW Plugin!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more! In fact, we’ve made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Click here to check it out.

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 b724 for Windows and download it here.

#TipTuesday Band-in-a-Box® Online Manuals - An Excellent Resource!

The Band-in-a-Box® program manuals are available on our Support page - what an excellent online resource to help you get the most out of the program!

Head to our Support | Online Manuals page and you'll have access to both a PDF and an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2018-2020 and RealBand 2018-2020!

Bookmark www.pgmusic.com/manuals/ today!

Forum Stats
32427 Members
68 Forums
65036 Topics
551021 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
rawhide, Michael M, bohne, Misha, jackpark

32427 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 170
Jim Fogle 152