Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#199702 - 04/01/13 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: rsdean]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

To quote Janice "Great lyrics and reminds me of early Beatles." We just streamed it from phone to our living room sound system. Great sound all the way around. Will watch the video when we gravitate to the computer room, i.e., after more coffee. Another good one for sure!!

Edited by Mootsman (04/01/13 09:32 AM)

#199703 - 04/01/13 05:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Bob,

Thank you for listening and commenting. I appreciate the smile you've just given me

Regards,
Noel

#199704 - 04/01/13 05:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: Noel96]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Bud and Janice.

Thank you! I have to say that Janice's quote has started my Tuesday brilliantly. Much appreciated, Janice Quite honestly, though, I can only write songs because of the power of BIAB. Peter Gannon and his team are the ones who deserve the real credit.

I'm glad you got to hear this on a different sound system and that nothing stood out as out of place. Every time I mix a song, I reflect on the philosophy that has sometimes appeared in Bud's signature about mixing. It is so true. The process of mixing never really ends, it just reaches a point where you say, "OK. That's it! I'm leaving it there." That's when I cross my fingers and hope that the overall sounds works for others.

Once again, thank you.

All the best.
Noel

#199705 - 04/01/13 06:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Noel,

Greg is right - this sounds like (another!) Broadway show tune. Fess up - are you writing a musical??? You know, sooner or later, you're going to have to write SOMETHING that is not quite so positive... your show needs some pacing...

LOVE the chorus! (had to not watch the video, though.. the flowing words were distracting from the song lyrics).

(I STILL hear "... wait and see..." in my head all the time).

Keep it going (but don't forget about that pacing...)

floyd

#199706 - 04/02/13 09:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: floyd jane]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Howdy, watched the vid this morning. Excellent and having done several I can really appreciate the amount of editing it took to put that together. This time I got a bit of a Badfinger vibe while listening. Nice.
J&B Website

#199707 - 04/03/13 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: floyd jane]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Howdy Floyd,

Thanks for once again dropping by, listening, and writing some comments. I always like reading what you have to say.

It's interesting that you and Greg hear the song as being sweetened with 'musical' flavours. I wonder if it's the I6/4-V7-I cadence (using figured bass terminology) that does that? That's a much-used classical treatment of the perfect (also called 'authentic') cadence. In this song, the cadence translates as A/E-E7-A. I always like this particular cadence because of the complete sense of finality that it brings to a section. It's common in musical theatre works, too.

For what it's worth, I've just written a song with Brenda that sounds very much like it's from a musical to my ears. I must get that one up to see what you think!

Once again, thank you!

All the best,
Noel

#199708 - 04/03/13 02:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: Janice & Bud]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi again, Bud.

Thanks for coming back and having a look at the video. It took a while to get it up and running. I used an opensource, multitrack Linux program in Ubuntu called "Open Shot Video". It's an excellent little program but the more I asked it to do, the more likely it was to crash. Towards the end, that slowed me down a bit because I needed to restart the software a number of times. Thank goodness for CTRL+S

I have never read "Badfinger" in a post aimed at me before! That's a first. And thanks for the smile it gave me.

All the best to you and Janice,
Noel

#199709 - 04/07/13 04:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: Noel96]
F.M.M. Online   content
Expert

awesome noel great production all the way love it thanks for sharing eric

#199710 - 04/07/13 05:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: F.M.M.]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Eric,

Good to see you again Thanks for having a listen and passing on such positive feedback! Appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

#199711 - 04/10/13 04:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: Noel96]
Phil Babylon Offline
Enthusiast

Hi,
Great song. The production, too, is nice and tight. The vocals sit really well in the mix.

Very impressed also by the video.

#199712 - 04/12/13 12:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: Phil Babylon]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Phil,

Thanks for listening and for the words of encouragement. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Noel

#199713 - 04/14/13 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Noel,

Very good job, my friend. +1 to the organ. As usual, good job with the lyrics, and a very uplifting song!

Steve

#199714 - 04/17/13 06:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: Steve Young]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Steve,

It's good to see you again. Thank you for your comments and adding some sunshine to my day! Appreciate it.

I'm just heading off to listen to your new one now!

All the best,
Noel

#199715 - 04/17/13 12:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Ian Ferrin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Hi Noel

I really enjoyed both the music and video. That video took some time I imagine. Quite nicely done.

The only thing in all of it that I got even slightly hung up on was the line 'computers, clocks, cars'. I didn't understand it till I read it. I like the alliteration, but it kinda comes across as a mouthful? I'm wondering if there's a way to phrase those 3 words so that there's a slight bit more space between the words?

Very nice to with a great message!

Peace,

Ian

#199716 - 04/21/13 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: Ian Ferrin]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Ian,

Thank you for taking time to listen and to comment, I appreciate the feedback. I also appreciate the point about "computer, clocks, cars".

All the best with your music!
Noel

#199717 - 04/21/13 02:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: Noel96]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Noel

Great song and production. I found it very inspirational.

#199718 - 04/24/13 09:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: New song: "Dare To Dream The Impossible" [Re: JoanneCooper]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Josie,

I appreciate your taking time out to have a listen. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Hope you enjoyed the Pat Pattison course. He's a pretty clever guy!

All the best,
Noel

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

Forum Stats
28403 Members
58 Forums
55135 Topics
459162 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Jurassic, Derek Deatherage, otcpub, MhH, jojolapraline

28403 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 329
Pipeline 309