Just thought I should share my experiences over the years of infrequent use. This may be more for the Newbies and is, in my opinion, a powerful learning platform.
This is not dependent on the instrument you play.
I play sax. Here's what I did.
e.g. I have a book called "Patterns for Jazz" by Jerry Coker. It has patterns based on various chord sequences. Such as Chromatically up, in Minor 3rds, Around the circle of 4ths/5ths, in Whole tones, Ascending, Descending. Instead of playing these solo, I input the chord sequences in to BIAB. This was a heck of a lot more fun, I could change Rhythms/Styles and tempos and improv whenever I felt....and "the band" never tires!!
You can use all/any popular chord sequences, feed it into BIAB and learn how to play over them in a fun way. 2/5/1s 1/6/4/5s, or what ever takes your fancy.
PGM have made transposing very easy now. You put in one chord sequence and then with a few simple clicks, ...Menu edit. - copy from to - set # repitiions and # semitones, you have the sequence in all 12 keys.

In using the many books I have that also came with its own CD, I don't use the CDs anymore. I simply put the chords from the book into BIAB and I am away. Stop/Start/Replay/ Play a section/ Loop/ Anything you want to do. I never use the A-B switch on my CD player anymore.