Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#213837 - 09/04/13 08:44 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: raymb1]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Bob, none taken, actually it takes a lot to offend me. But you're right, I personally don't care about these other stuff; while they are cool I have no use for them.
Take care

Mike B.

#213862 - 09/04/13 12:41 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: raymb1]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
I would love to comment on this but I am too frustrated. I was having some issues with some other software the other day, but when I called Tech Support, I couldn't get through because I couldn't punch "4" on my rotary phone!

#213864 - 09/04/13 12:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: raymb1]
Loc: Sterling, Va
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

BIAB for android is something I would vote for before a GUI cosmetic change. BIAB takes up about 60 GBs on my laptop, 45 GBs of that are Real Tracks. Given how much memory you can use on tablets, (capacity keeps going up), BIAB plus a few favorite Real Tracks would be great for tablet users. Later, Ray

#213911 - 09/04/13 04:05 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: raymb1]
Loc: Homosassa , Florida
GDaddy Offline
Expert

Loc: Homosassa , Florida
I've loved my BIAB for centuries, now...

but since I've Got my new Magic Jack, I just waana call people all over the world...

so I might as well ask Peter to be an international phone rep....just plug Magic Jack in to compose a new grammy winner!?
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3

#213945 - 09/04/13 08:58 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: GDaddy]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: GDaddy

but since I've Got my new Magic Jack, I just waana call people all over the world...

Hey GDaddy... Today I paid up front for 5 YEARS of Magic Jack.. it cost $99 !! FOR 5 YEARS!!

When I had BellSouth I paid more than that in a MONTH, And long distance cost extra !

plus I got to keep my old Bellsouth phone number

#213947 - 09/04/13 09:09 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: raymb1]
Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Here's a great quote from Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon who bought the Washington Post recently for 250 mil. It was valued a few years ago at about 1.3 billion. This was his first meeting today with the Post's editors and staff:

“All businesses need to be young forever. If your customer base ages with you, you’re Woolworth’s,” added Bezos, who created the world’s leading online retailer. “The number one rule has to be: Don’t be boring.”

The words of a giant. Can't say it any better than that.

Bob
Biab/RB latest build, Win 10 64 bit, Intel 4770, 256 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.

#214025 - 09/05/13 06:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: raymb1]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Desktop computers and 32 bit operating systems are becoming extinct.

Computer hardware is diverging into two hardware groups, notebooks with desktop computing power and inexpensive tablet\smartphone with little computing power and specialized, but limited, non-standard operating systems, Android and IOS.

New desktop and notebook computers running Microsoft are shipping predominately with the 64 bit version of Windows 8 (soon to be 8.1) operating system. I suspect the same is true in the Mac camp.

This hardware and operating system evolution ultimately will force a complete overall of all PG Music products.

The overhaul may not show up in 2013 or 2014 but I would consider it a safe bet to assume that by 2015 BIAB and RealBand will be vastly different products than we know now. Not just new features and RealTracks but a complete overhaul of the programs.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H1, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#214027 - 09/05/13 06:17 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: raymb1]
joden Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: raymb1
BIAB for android is something I would vote for before a GUI cosmetic change. BIAB takes up about 60 GBs on my laptop, 45 GBs of that are Real Tracks. Given how much memory you can use on tablets, (capacity keeps going up), BIAB plus a few favorite Real Tracks would be great for tablet users. Later, Ray

Problem (HUGE) with Android Ray, is the audio latencies for music apps is terrible, and it STILL has no core midi support. It is really a pretty useless platform for music (apart from straight playback or pre-recorded audio).

Dennis

edit - PS: I have removed quite a few of the RealTracks data (no need for drums it is only about 4 gig) that I never use, like pianos, brass, strings etc. I have the total space used by RealTracks down to approx 20 Gig. It all still works fine. All you get is a yellow message saying a part cannot be loaded. But the other parts all generate and play fine.

Edited by joden (09/05/13 06:19 PM)

#214036 - 09/05/13 08:39 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: joden]
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

IRealb, which is an accompaniment app, plays perfectly on android. Granted, iRealb is not as sophisticated as BIAB but usable nonetheless. I use it on short gigs where I'm playing background music. Where would a latency problem come in with BIAB? My accompaniment would be straight playback. Later, Ray
P.S. My use of BIAB is for live performance only, probably a little different than your purposes. Ray

Edited by raymb1 (09/05/13 08:44 PM)

#214038 - 09/05/13 08:46 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: raymb1]
joden Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: raymb1
IRealb, which is an accompaniment app, plays perfectly on android. Granted, iRealb is not as sophisticated as BIAB but usable nonetheless. I use it on short gigs where I'm playing background music. Where would a latency problem come in with BIAB? My accompaniment would be straight playback. Later, Ray

As I wrote Ray wink - there are no problems simply playing back recorded music on an Android device (which is about the pinnacle for Android)

It is for the operations that serious DAW users need - you know, sequencing, using instrument samples audio recording or even simply audio mixing and eq'ing..it is in these areas Android collapses. That's all I am going to write as it is a BIAB forum, but these Android issues are well known and very well documented. And I am speaking from personal experience as well.

#214039 - 09/05/13 08:58 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: BIAB review [Re: joden]
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

You posted your reply before I got my edit in:
P.S. My use of BIAB is for live performance only, probably a little different than your purposes. Ray

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

PG Music News
The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows DAW Plugin 4.0 is Here!

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin, including a new Chord Settings dialog (with Chord Builder, Chord Theory, and MicroChords tabs), the MicroChords feature (the ability to enter multiple chords per beat, four pages for a total of 32 tracks (8 style tracks, 16 utility tracks, and 8 multi-riff tracks) plus a Style Mix track, the ability to drag MIDI chords and markers to DAW, volume sliders for each track, the ability to save/load chord progression, and much more!

The newest DAW Plugin is included in all Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows purchases - and Upgrades are on sale this month... up to 50% off!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows DAW Plugin 4.0.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

We've made a great tutorial feature for 7 of the 10 major features of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.
(the other 3 drum stems, track settings, and ReMix Vocal Songs will be covered in "Boot Camp, part 2/2" - coming soon!)

Here is Part 1/2: Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

Table of Contents:
All Tracks are Equal 00:50
Playable RealTracks 9:00
MultiRiff 24:35
MicroChords 38:24
Motifs 48:51
Volume Node Automation 51:18

Coming soon in part 2:
Drum stems
Track Settings "One-Stop-Shop"
ReMix Vocal Full Songs
222 new RealTracks
1-Click Downloader/Installer

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

Forum Stats
35220 Members
63 Forums
71790 Topics
625410 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
agen slot online, N67, sjk, ninebelow0, cqd

35220 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 466
Matt Finley 254