You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#213832 - 09/04/13 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Emerald Eyes
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I have not been too busy with music recently so I figured I'd put this one up for you to listen to.

It's an older song that I composed some time back in BB and using some of the real tracks... along with me playing all the guitar parts live.

The song is called Emerald Eyes and has a Latin flavor to it.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9414184

I hope you enjoy this little tune.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#213846 - 09/04/13 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Emerald Eyes [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Herb,

This is really nice! With all the "stress" in my life lately, I needed a good relaxing tune to listen to, and you gave it to me. Good job.

Very nice guitar tone, and tasteful playing. I like the way you traded off the guitar with the horn/piano, and the twin guitar parts really sealed the deal.

Nice sound/mix.

Steve

#213851 - 09/04/13 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Emerald Eyes [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Herb,
Very nice guitar tone, and tasteful playing. I like the way you traded off the guitar with the horn/piano, and the twin guitar parts really sealed the deal.

Nice sound/mix.

Steve

what Steve said! I think its very hard to pull off an instrumental that works as well as this one does. The Latin feel and harmony guitar parts reminded me of Hotel California in places.

Some people resort to instrumentals because they aren't confident in their singing abilities, but that's clearly not a problem for you. So I'd have to chalk this one up as a showcase for your guitar playing, which is very nice.

#213853 - 09/04/13 10:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Emerald Eyes [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Every now and then I just have to get back to playing the guitar which is my "first love" in music.... writing and singing can be tedious at times.

Thank you.... glad you like it.

This is a song from the past, but I don't think I have posted it here before this.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

PG Music News
French Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Acoustica® Mixcraft

This video demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Acoustica® Mixcraft - click here to watch...

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 627 Available

An Update Patch is available to all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users - Build 267! Learn more here.

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Using an external plugin (from the menu Audio > Plugin) would always launch the plugin in English instead of the chosen language in Band-in-a-Box.

German Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Paket
Was ist neu?

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Build 266 Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® for Mac users! Update your Version 2018 with our latest patch, Build 266 here!

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Pressing play might freeze the program if your song has no RealDrums selected and includes style changes at any bar.
Fixed: The Audio Devices window might freeze if re-selecting the same audio device.
Improved: If using unusual audio device settings (eg. bluetooth headphones with a very low sample rate), a warning message will be shown that directs the user to the macOS Audio Device window to adjust their settings.
Fixed: The file open dialog for choosing a custom RealTracks folder would fail.

Requested Video - Using the BB VST Plugin in RealBand!

Did you know that you can use the Band-in-a-Box® VST Plugin in RealBand (but you don't have to...)? Tobin explains this in detail with our latest video - Watch now...

Video - Part 2 How to anticipate an eighth or a sixteenth note on any beat?

This is a continuation of the video on how to anticipate an eighth or a sixteenth note on any beat, but now we are including rests!

Watch the video

Forum Stats
29338 Members
60 Forums
57745 Topics
484252 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Hollowbody175, ClausC, maria sri, Slingweber, Jojje Sweden

29338 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141