You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#214236 - 09/07/13 01:36 PM [User Showcase] got to make it 1 redo
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi guys working on this feed back welcome thanks eric https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/got-to-make-it-1-1
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#214251 - 09/07/13 08:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: got to make it 1 redo [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
yeah! THAT's the idea!

It should actually be EASIER than what you were doing, because you get to use some of it over again, and you don't have to think up as much NEW stuff!

OK, now that the motif express is running, I have a whole new set of thoughts:

1) I notice that a lot of your backing tracks have cool drum fills. It would be interesting to hear you mimic the cadence of the drums in your riffs (not the whole song, but here and there as an accent). It would come across as though the instruments were answering one another

2) Now that you've established a THEME, also consider VARIATIONS on the theme. For example one of the times you might add a guitar harmony to the recurring passage to make it slightly different

3) other variations on a theme might be to use MIDI (which you can control note for note) to add other instruments echoing the theme.

I liked that a lot. You are quite the tone-meister

#214256 - 09/07/13 10:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: got to make it 1 redo [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
eric,

Yeah, man! Beautiful. Something to grab hold of there.

It would have been nice to hear the edgy-tone guitar do a harmony along with the smooth-tone guitar at the end when the smooth-tone does his last pass of the "hook"...

Sounding good!

floyd

#214259 - 09/08/13 12:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: got to make it 1 redo [Re: F.M.M.]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Good work Eric. I like the harmony idea for some variation too.

#214262 - 09/08/13 06:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: got to make it 1 redo [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Eric,

I haven't listened to the earlier version but this one is up to your usual impressive standard smile

Regards,
Noel

#214271 - 09/08/13 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: got to make it 1 redo [Re: F.M.M.]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Eric,

this is a keeper.
I really enjoyed listening several times.
You're on the right way.

Guenter

PG Music News
Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Holiday Hours - Monday, August 3 (British Columbia Day)

Monday, August 3 is British Columbia Day!

Since we are located in British Columbia (Victoria, on Vancouver Island), that means it's a holiday for us! Don't worry, some of our team will still be available - our hours on Monday are 8AM-4PM PST.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, August 4. www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Refresh Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box 2020 to the latest build 725 for Windows today! This free update acknowledges song memo edits when saving your work, resolves step-advance within the Big Piano window, revives a killed audio track, and more!

Just like our recent Mac patch, the DAW Plugin has been updated too! We've added "insert" and "delete" options into the chord sheet context menu and addressed 20+ reported 'bugs'!

Learn more & update today!

Forum Stats
32594 Members
68 Forums
65494 Topics
555296 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
lencrawl42, Provipgroup, Cameron, James Franco, Andyf1204

32594 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 188