You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#217191 - 10/05/13 10:40 PM [User Showcase] How Will I Know
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

This is one of my first songs I did after started playing again. I redid the guitar track and added an organ track with leslie to mix the sound up a bit.

This is done starting with BIAB then finished with RealBand.
Bass is BB Bass 34 Electric Bass(Finger)
Drums are Real Drums- Rock Even8. I pushed the drums up to max to bring them out more.

Added Rhythm Guitar, Two Organ Tracks and the Guitar Lead Track.

How Will I Know

#217196 - 10/06/13 05:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

That's a very atmospheric piece Scott, nice playing on the organ and Strat! Reminds me of Peter Green's work on some tracks on his 'In The Skies'.

I'd have liked the drums up a bit, they're barely audible which is odd as you say you had to put them to max.
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#217204 - 10/06/13 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Skyline]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Thanks for the comments on song and the suggestions for the mix. I have been implementing most of the suggestions I have been getting in the forum.

I think it maybe my sound card. On my new songs I like to use a bass style and a drum style from BIAB and the bass is usually very strong in the mix but the drums seem to get walked on. Will see if I can boost the drums with the effects in ReadBand...

Much appreciated
Scott

#217205 - 10/06/13 09:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Scott C]
Skyline Offline
Veteran

You do have the bass and drums on separate tracks? You shouldn't need FX, just more volume on the drums track and less on the others.

John
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#217279 - 10/07/13 07:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Scott C]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice spacey tune....

Drums, as has been pointed out, are too far back in the mix..... B3 could probably stand to come down a few db.

I'd also look into some of the soloist tracks in Real Band..... they could have taken some solo's in there and added more variety to the tune. Piano, Sax, etc....

Nice job though. I like the song.

Edited by Guitarhacker (10/07/13 07:31 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#217291 - 10/07/13 11:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Scott C]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Thanks Herb and John. I am going to spend sometime with the mixer in RealBand. I also have Cubase for mixing wave files but I prefer the RealBand mixer as it is more visual. I try to keep the input signal for the live music at the top of the green and flickering into the yellow so it doesn't clip. When I added the organ track it had the same input settings as my guitar tracks but came out a bit louder. Getting the sweet spot is quite elusive..

#217303 - 10/07/13 02:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Scott C]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I like to mix in Sonar. The sound I hear from the monitors is exactly what I get in the exported file.

Mixing is a learned skill.... the more you do it with good gear, the better you get.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#217306 - 10/07/13 02:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Scott C]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Thanks will have a look at the software. Producer X3 looks like it has all the tools.

#217320 - 10/07/13 04:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Scott !

I liked your tune !
IAlso to me it gave an
impression of great views
over large expanses !:))
Very ambient indeed !:))

Cheers
Dani

#217376 - 10/08/13 12:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Love the guitar and organ work on this one. Very well produced piece, thanks for sharing!

My Music

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#217386 - 10/08/13 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: PgFantastic]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Dani and Robert Thanks you for your comments they are appreciated. This are my favorite tone settings for my guitars. The sound they make go right through me. The music can tune a not so good day into a really good day....

#217418 - 10/08/13 11:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Scott,

very soothing tune.
Easy listening.
Good work.

Guenter

#217461 - 10/08/13 05:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: How Will I Know [Re: boehm]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Hi Guenter

Thank you for the comments I appreciate them..

Scott

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Delivery Explained...

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows or Mac directly from PG Music Inc., you can choose to download your order, ship your order, or BOTH!

Having your Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK shipped? Choose between DVD installation or flash drive installation during the checkout process. Purchasing the UltraPAK or UltraPAK+? These ship pre-installed on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

Don't forget, just because you're order is shipping doesn't mean you can't download it while you wait - you can locate your online order records in your pgmusic.com account, within the "My Products" section.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Forum Stats
32867 Members
68 Forums
66187 Topics
562165 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
kenjf, Bruce Hall, G J Goldwyn, KATOR, RebeccaBarber

32866 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 173
VideoTrack 141