You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#218009 - 10/13/13 09:00 PM [User Showcase] Let's Get Started
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Sometimes ya just need an upbeat, uptempo love song...
So..

LET'S GET STARTED

i've never been one for love-at-first-sight
but i've fallen head over heels
you've kept those emotions reined in tight
wondering if this could be real
you say it takes time to know
whether or not love can grow
well, if it's gonna take that long
let's get started

don't wait, our hearts are calling
don't be afraid of how hard we're falling
if love takes time
if love takes time
baby, if love takes time
let's get started

you want a love you can depend upon
a heart that will hold true
i want to show you i believe
nothing less will do
together, girl we can't go wrong
forever is what we're working on
it's gonna take that long
let's get started

repeat chorus

come on and hold me like you can't let go
kiss me, i swear that you'll know
this is the one we've been waiting on

repeat chorus

Here are the RealTracks:

RealTracks in style: 521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

RealTracks in song: 1275:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopUpliftHeld Ev16 120
RealTracks in song: 633:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 698:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120 (A:muted)
RealTracks in style: ~510:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dire Ev 140
RealTracks in song: ~543:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 805:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladClean Ev 065 (B:held)
RealTracks in song: 808:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm DrivingCountryBalladDirty Ev 065 (B:quarters)
RealTracks in song: 998:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLACrispSync Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1530:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopPower Ev 120

Comments encouraged. Have fun.

floyd

#218020 - 10/14/13 01:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
What is there not to like with this?
Voice perfect
solo fits very well
the "slow bit" before the end

excellent, another floyd excellent track

Alyn

#218028 - 10/14/13 04:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Floyd.

Well that got my Monday morning off to a good start! No one does country rock better than this.

As Alyn said - what's not to like. Great choice of RTs. Everything just sits there in the mix without competing with anything else and the vocal is bright and clear. The overall sound plays loud without sounding over compressed, so you've obviously done a good job here as well.

Nice arrangement, too. Agreeing with Alyn again in that the quiet section towards the end was a really nice inclusion.

ROG.

#218039 - 10/14/13 07:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

floyd,

I'm flabbergasted!

Since I've never used that word in a post before, I checked the Oxford English Dictionary to make sure that it was indeed the word I wanted. According to the OED, "flabbergasted" was first used in 1772 as 'fashionable slang'. It's meaning is ...

Quote:
To put (a person) in such confusion that he does not for the moment know what to do or say; to astonish utterly, to confound.

So yes, it seems that I am surely flabbergasted.

As ROG and Alyn have pointed out, everything sits so very well with this presentation. The composition is first class, the arrangement complements the composition perfectly and the mix pulls the listener along on a very satisfying musical journey. In addition, this cake is iced perfectly by an outstanding vocal.

In a recent post to Aleck Rand, I mentioned the term 'believability factor' in regard to lyrics. For me, the believability factor of these lyrics is 100%. They shine with truth.

Lastly, I have to say that there were two things that made me sit up and pay attention. The first was the chorus. It was great and I really liked the three repetitions of "If love takes time". The second was the head rhyme of together/forever. It's not often that I've heard 'beginning of line' rhyme. I have to say that it was incredibly effective in these lyrics.

Once again 'excellence' gallops out from the floyd jane studios!

All the best,
Noel

#218041 - 10/14/13 08:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Floyd,

you are the undisputed master of finding a clever way to present a thought, then making it into a great song! And this one is the perfect example!

All great ideas seem obvious once you know them... but what makes them great is the fact that they often go a long time before it dawns on somebody to say it. The idea expressed in this song is exactly that: obvious, yet never heard before (at least by me)

And I'd have to echo the comments about how well the parts fit together in this song... the guitar solos are so... fluent?... that I can easily imagine it being played live.

And there are NO rough edges that need polishing here.. just great music! You make me wish I could write music, but... even if I could, you've raised the bar so high I'd be reluctant to post it here anyway.

To summarize in a word: "Perfect"

#218043 - 10/14/13 08:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Floyd !

I also am awed at your professionalism !:))
Everything is so smoothly executed from
start to finish ! :)) I think the guys
before me have already said it much better
than I ever could express it, just super !!:))

Cheers
Dani

Edited by dani48 (10/14/13 08:25 AM)

#218047 - 10/14/13 08:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Hi Floyd

Loved your song. This song should be on iTunes. Great feel. Thanks for sharing...

Scott

#218054 - 10/14/13 09:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Scotland
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi Floyd,

Great tune.

Where do your tunes come from (do you have to work hard for them or do they just happen?)

George

#218056 - 10/14/13 10:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Floyd, Another killer tune. Expertly written and sung. Nice editing on the guitar parts. One small nit- the bass volume could use a boost, at least to my ears.

Thanks for continuing to post such nicely crafted material. Tom

#218068 - 10/14/13 11:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Louisiana
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Floyd,

Chalk up another one in the "you nailed it man" folder.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#218080 - 10/14/13 12:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Floyd,

I can only quote Noel, because I can't say it better:
"Everything sits so very well with this presentation. The composition is first class, the arrangement complements the composition perfectly and the mix pulls the listener along on a very satisfying musical journey. In addition, this cake is iced perfectly by an outstanding vocal."
Compliments.

Guenter

#218097 - 10/14/13 03:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Alyn - thanks,.. I appreciate that.

ROG - thanks for the nice comments.

Noel - enjoy your thoughts. Always like to throw something in to keep you on your toes...

Pat - you say the nicest things! Thank you.

dani - thanks for that.

Scott - appreciate that thought.

#218100 - 10/14/13 03:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

George - Thanks. They come in a variety of ways. When I was writing every day, it was a conscious effort to find ideas ALL THE TIME. And like anything else, the harder you work, the luckier you get. If you spend all your time thinking about writing and looking for song ideas, you tend to find them everywhere. And I do mean all the time. You hear song titles everywhere. Overheard conversations in the check out line. News on the radio. Stupid TV shows. Good movies. The things you say to your wife or your girlfriend. Or both. Things you think to yourself. But you've got to listen. With the intent that you are looking for a song idea. Otherwise... the good ones get away.

Nowadays, I am not as obsessed by it, so they sometimes have to hit me over the head before I hear them. It's practice. And desire.

Being a little crazy helps, too.

I "see" half a dozen ideas in this response.

#218103 - 10/14/13 03:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Tom - I think you are right about the bass. I hear a few other thing that I might tweak, too. So thanks for that...

Danny - thanks (and thanks for the article you posted about education dollars in the last one - that was quite interesting).

Guenter - appreciate that.

#218178 - 10/15/13 12:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

I would not normally bump a song without a previous comment (apologies to anyone who might be annoyed), but...

Tom mentioned that the bass needed a boost in the mix. After a listen, I felt that he was right. And there were a few other things that I thought should be reworked. Both the drums and the vocals have been "brightened" a bit - and a slight boost to the piano later in the course of things..

#218184 - 10/15/13 02:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi again, floyd.

Thanks for bumping it. It gave me the opportunity to listen again while the previous version was still reasonably fresh in my mind.

I wouldn't have thought it possible because the first version I heard sounded really good but this newer version does sound better. Ain't it great being able to do all this at home and to adjust things so easily!

All the best,
Noel

#218481 - 10/18/13 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Floyd
Almost missed this. Thought I had posted on it earlier. Nope!!
You are right - if you are a bit Down there is nothing like a good upbeat tune to get you bouncing.
Enjoyed the words - I hope you got the girl! lol!
The Solos fit perfectly - you could have written it for the piece. I wonder how many regens and cut and pastes it took?
And as Floyd Jane fades slowly into the d i s t a n c e - - .
cheers
ian

BB2019Plus,604,RB2,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#218572 - 10/19/13 05:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The floyd jane cornucopia continues to bountifully flow.....are there ever bumps in the road? A maybe 30 second dry spell? A good but not great melody/lyric/vocal? Or a mix that is only good but not stellar?

Sheesh, by the time I've fleshed out a few ideas and begun to come up with a rudimentary chorus you've cranked 4 or 5 complete productions.

And this move of late to country rock, well, it rocks. There's a certain sheen to the guitars in this production that I can't seem to find even with the same RT's.

There should be a LOT of folks listening to this song. Nothing about it that doesn't shine...brightly.
J&B Website

#218579 - 10/19/13 06:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
You have Written, produced and performed another great song, thanks for sharing!

My Music

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#218583 - 10/19/13 07:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Let's Get Started [Re: floyd jane]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi Floyd this fanstastic I agree this a professional mix vocal lyric just well done this is a great example using biab your very talented and creative thanks for sharing this eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

Forum Stats
28434 Members
58 Forums
55237 Topics
460046 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Coskun, sbroach, GEORGES SCHIRO, Yellowkey, Hagglui78

28434 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 360
Pipeline 329