Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#218761 - 10/21/13 04:41 PM [User Showcase] Once You Were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) Rmx
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, friends !

Seems to me we are many on the forums
dreaming of old days, lost wives or husbands,
old boy- or girlfriends. This is one more rendition
in that endless stream. Hope you´ll enjoy it !:))

Style: BIAB Bossa Slow Bossa T = 61 (or 60)
Solos: Dean Clark on el. guitar
Vocal: Dani Norman
Recorded thru H4n to mixcraft on Laptop (Lenovo T 500)

http://app.box.com/s/v8xzllhs62v6ityb0bii

http://soundcloud.com/dani-lindroos/once-you-were-mine

The Lyrics:

Once You Were Mine (Music and Lyrics by Dani)

Once you were mine
and once I was thine
we were so in love
not a single cloud
on our clear blue sky

and now when you´re gone
I dream on alone
I dream that someday
you´ll come back again
You will find the way

Ref

My darling,
I long for you so
long to hold you, dear
and darling
please don´t say no
let me feel you so near

I´m yearning for you
I wish that we two
could share the love that we had
once again my love, once again

Solo

My darling,
I long for you so
long to hold you, dear
and darling
please don´t say no
let me feel you so near

Once you were mine
and once I was thine
I´m dreamin along
dreamin on, fadin´away, away
dreamin on, fadin´away, away
dreamin on , fadin´away, away
away

Edited by dani48 (10/22/13 08:33 PM)

#218763 - 10/21/13 05:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
Loc: USA
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: USA
Dani & Dean,

Beautifully written story but the mix in my ears anyway was sort of running together, i.e. I heard very/very little drum beat, in fact if you would have not listed Bossa as a style I would have thought this was just the wonderful lyric and an outstanding guitar solo over a midi pad. However keep in mind I am listening through headphones so this may change when I get to run this through some speakers.

Over all very nice song, vocal and solid guitar solo.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#218766 - 10/21/13 06:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You Were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Hi Dani and Dean

What a nice song. Excellent lyrics and music. Dreamy and light. Your singing was excellent. Nice job on the guitar solo as well jazzy and excellent tone.

Scott

#218790 - 10/22/13 03:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: Danny C.]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Danny !:))

Want to thank you so much for your
kind comments !:))
This tune came by as I have done
a lot of The Carpenters covers lately
and was influenced by their music !:))

Cheers
Dani

#218791 - 10/22/13 04:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Scott

Very glad of your kind
comments !:)) I think
Deans solo is truly impressive
and shows his mastery of the
jazz guitar !:))

Cheers
Dani

#218794 - 10/22/13 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

This immediately reminded me of Frank Sinatra and the crooners from the 50's & 60's who were so popular with my parent's generation.

In that respect it is well done.

On the crits side: I too only hear a pad... at least 95% of the music seems to be the pad.... with no other instruments. If I listen very carefully in the low dynamic places I think I can hear the tapping of a side stick.... I'd love to know what tracks are actually in this.

The guitar was a treat.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#218802 - 10/22/13 09:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Once You Were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Hi Dani and Dean

What a nice song. Excellent lyrics and music. Dreamy and light. Your singing was excellent. Nice job on the guitar solo as well jazzy and excellent tone.

I couldn't have said it better.

Guenter

#218820 - 10/22/13 03:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You Were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: boehm]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Dani excellent chord structure! Your vocal is outstanding and your lyrics are excellent. Super job on these aspects of the song.

Dean played an outstanding guitar lead!

My only problem is with the mix. I think the bass should come up a tad, not much but just a little louder, and I think the drums should come up quite a bit. I could barely hear both of those instruments through my near field monitors.

This one excellent song that might sound better remixed IMHO.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#218832 - 10/22/13 04:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You Were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Dani and Dean
Very smooth.
I enjoyed the lyrics -very typical Dani.
Dean's solo is excellent and sounds like its finger and thumb played rather than picked - and all the better for it.
Was this a single render from the SGU rather than individual tracks? It sounds a bit like the levels are those set by the Style rather than by Dani.
However, as a gentle piece of music with compelling lyrics - It's fine by me.
cheers
ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#218835 - 10/22/13 05:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: Guitarhacker]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Guitarhacker !

I do thank you for your kind comments !
I mixed this tune in mixcraft and changed some of the
pad (prechosen) instruments to other instruments
in mixcraft as f.i. flute &marimba, orchestral strings and
Tine & FM EP Band !:))
That may be the reason it sounds "fluteish" !:))
I will try and remix the bass and drumparts !:))

Cheers
Dani

#218836 - 10/22/13 05:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Guenter !:))

I am really glad you liked this
little "Carpenterish" tune (lol)

Cheers
Dani

#218837 - 10/22/13 05:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Mario !:))

You are all too kind, but
Dean and me do appreciate your
warm words !:))
We will do a remixing !

Cheers
Dani

#218838 - 10/22/13 05:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Ian !:))

How are you doin´ my good ol´friend ?:))
Nice of you to drop by and give us such
kind comments !:))

The lyrics....they come stright from my heart
as I rediscovered a Lady that I was madly in
love with 50 years ago before Beni! My problem
is that she is married, and has been living in
Norway the last 38 years !:))

Cheers
Dani

#218897 - 10/23/13 11:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Dani,

Nice, laid back song. I can hear the Carpenters influence here. Very nice guitar work, Dean!

Steve

#218942 - 10/23/13 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Thank you Steve
for your kind comments !:)
Yes, Bacharach, The Carpenters
and The Beach Boys have all
had a great impact on me !:))

Cheers
Dani

#218971 - 10/23/13 07:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You Were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: sixchannel]
aleck rand Offline
Expert

Hi Sixchannel!

Right you are, Guv! Thumbs all the way. Glad you liked that solo. I couldn't have played it without the romanticism, Dani's wonderful voice and, not to be underestimated, his deep understanding of chords. Those are what forced it out of me.

That's why I'm always pushing for collaboration. There's nothin' like a strong, fresh brain attached to a big, on-the-money voice.

Dean

#218997 - 10/24/13 06:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Dani and Dean
Bit late to this one and it's all already been said. Loved it. Very laid back

#219012 - 10/24/13 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Collabs are fascinating in most any context but when done via the net they become even more so. This is a fine example of what this community can produce. Thanks for the chance to listen. We enjoyed it!!

#219022 - 10/24/13 03:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: JoanneCooper]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Joanne !:))

There is no rush to listen so
you need not feel sorry for it :))
We are most thankful for your kind comments !:))

Cheers
Dani

#219023 - 10/24/13 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Once You were Mine (Collab Dani & Dean ) [Re: dani48]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Janice & Bud !:))

We are glad you enjoyed this little
Carpenterish tune !:))
We feel collabs are a good way
to bring out the better sides
of the participants ?
I think we should do more
collabs over the net ?

Cheers
Dani

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Add-ons Special ENDING! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still A LITTLE time left to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

ORDER NOW! OUR SPECIAL ENDS JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

Forum Stats
32478 Members
68 Forums
65178 Topics
552275 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
balayzell, Martasss, mmccarrell, Beanpole, Lou S

32477 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 184
Jim Fogle 153