I'm using realtracks within the main BIAB program.

BIAB is a GREAT program. The algorithms are smart but these are the 3 main things are unconvincing to my ears:

1) Occasional drum clipping at the beginning of a measure. Seems like this happens once or twice per track. It can be fixed by cutting and pasting a rendered track w/i my DAW. This is the most minor thing.

2) Unrealistic holds. The drums and guitar on holds both sound unrealistic and abrupt to me. They both play MF one shots. The cymbals often don't ring out enough. It'd be awesome if we could select which drums play on holds and have some control over which sample(s) get played (eg gentle samples or fff samples). The guitar holds are often unrealistic sounding... they're mostly too quickly strummed and often don't convincingly fit in with the main guitar track. Being able to select a plucked, semi-strummed or more arpeggiated strum for the hold might fix this.

3) Voicings. This is my main gripe. Especially with guitar chording parts. The voicings between chords changes are often a dead giveaway that it's loops, not a real player playing. The BIAB part often sounds like the guitarist is jumping all over the neck and sometimes it even sounds weird. Probably the only way to fix this is to have the guitarist record more voicings for the same chords, played at more neck positions. I realize it's probably not possible to add to existing real sets, but going forward it'd certainly be something to consider for new sets.

Like I said, I love BIAB and all of these things, even the voicings can be worked around if you put in enough tweaking/editing time. But it'd be great if it was done 'in the box'.

Thanks - Ian

Last edited by Ian Ferrin; 11/11/13 12:11 AM.