Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E
Hi,

I know that only Germans may have fun with this song, but as we have no “showroom” in the German part of the user forum, please allow me to introduce a german children-song I made with BB2013 and the video I performed with 4 Kids.

It all started when my ten year old daughter said: “Make a song about boys”.

So the song is about a boy who tries to be real cool, like a pocket sized Terminator.

All the music was made with BB 2013, based on the style _JAZFUNK.STY.

In fact, it became a mix of different styles:

Drums: Jazzfunkgroovin
Bass: Baby, Guajira
Piano: Rhythm Jazz Funk
Guitar: Rhythm Pop American
Synth: Synth, Rhythm Modern Dance Pop

I use BB to create different waves, export them and use them in Reaper.

The voices were recorded and the song was mixed in a studio

http://youtu.be/wHkdbYD-gNI

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thats the way to have FUN!!!! smile
Would love to see the translation.
Great little tune and I LOVE the "hook" in the chorus.
Brilliant - thats what kids should be doing, not War Gaming and staring at the TV.
cheers
ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E
Thank you so much!

It's impossible to translate the song, because I'm gaming around with the words. But just to give you an idea:

Part One:

You sneak across the schoolyard as a lone Tiger
You think you're the champ, the great high-flyer
Your style oh my god, I'm really not fussy
yet so as you go around here that's just embarrassing

Your deodorant smells exactly like the blue stuff in the toilet
Your clothes are really awful and your shoes too
Your mother told you're styling hours in front of the mirror
Your hair look like a flat driven hedgehog

Chorus:

Boy You're embarrassing
Yes, you're really
Outside you're a macho
but inside you're hollow

You don't know how things work
and you don't know what's up
and how to get a girl turned her head

Part Two

Your hero stories
just make me yawn
Your show at our parties
moves me to tears only

If you dance that's terrible
I do not want to moan now
but if you sing it sounds
as my cat would puke...

You and your friends
when I hear you
The nonsense you're talking about...
... You are truly disturbed

Football, bashing, daddeln ("daddeln" means playing with a computer in german slang)
that's your world
and I can not say that I like your world

Chorus....

Part Three

You're so convinced that all the girls love you
that no one can withstand you - I think is exaggerated
Your mother loves you and no one else
trie to become a man, and then come back, you pigmy

I am not happy that you pull me by the hair
and showing me like this that you are interested in me
Your stupid sayings, just leave them
then, some day, a girl will like you

Sax-Solo

Part Four

You don't have to cry now, You're still not at the end
With a bit of good sake you'll even manage the turn
Just stop playing the Terminator
Then you'll eventually experience your first kiss

Just try to be a boy, because you are one
Your macho style I don't care for it
Under this stupid shell there's indeed a core
a really nice guy which I like

Chorus

Last edited by erloeser; 11/23/13 03:14 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi erloeser,

You've done a brilliant job here with absolutely everything! "Professional, professional, professional" is shouting out loudly in my mind. It's a really enthusiastic standing ovation from me! The production was outstanding and the children were spectacular!

Personally, I love listening to songs in a language I can't understand because it forces me to pay more attention to the melody and harmony, and how the sounds in the lyrics flow. This song flowed flawlessly in every single aspect.

I hope you post more of your work. I'm a fan smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E
Hi,

Thank you so much... I would never have expected a reaction like this from professionals.

It is just a simple song in the sytle of the 50th /60th.

I'll never be able to use the potential of BB, but I want to make some nice children's songs.

Children's songs always show children as the adults want to see them. I want to show them as they are.

And believe me: Working with children is a hard but funny job smile

You're right, the children did a good job. But at the set I had to act like a North Korean slave driver...

I was concerned, that the boy would appear as an idiot. But isn't he really cool?

Last edited by erloeser; 11/23/13 03:40 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ronald,

This is PHENOMENAL!

Excellent in all regards. The music is infectious! (that's a good thing) The mix is, quite simply, professional.

The video is, by far, the best I've ever seen on any forum like this.
(How was it filmed? And what did you use to edit it?)

AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME.

Bravo. More, please!!!

floyd

User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E
@ floyd jane

thank you so much! I'm so happy that you like it!

The mix (out of the dry waves from BIAB) was made in a Studio Andreas Melzer Studio

The video was made with a DSLR (I think with a Canon 5D) by Ingo Kasten

He made the cut too. He uses Sony Vegas and he knows how to use the filters to give the impression of "film"

The video was recorded in the recording-studio, in an old railway-station and in a dancing-studio. I made a script before so it took "only" two and a half days wink We had tons of material

We practised with the girls for some weekends. Belevieve me, if you are working with Kids of 10 years you must have time. And you must have a perfect organisation (people say, that we germans like to organize)

Sixchannel said "thats what kids should be doing, not War Gaming and staring at the TV" He is right!

I spent a lot of $$$$ for this video. I will not earn any money with it.

But can you imagine, that the children will show this in a lot of years to their own children?

This is really priceless...

Last edited by erloeser; 11/23/13 04:11 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow from me too! You got some great vocal work going on here. I never would have chosen the _jazfunk style for a song like this, but you made it work. The Rhodes licks fit very tastily.

I see why you cant really cant translate the words. I know very little German, but I can tell that you have puns and wordplay going on. Too bad I dont get the jokes.

I like the way the girls break character at the very end. I think it would be interesting to have little bits of these casual poses scattered here and there throughout the whole video. When we see the girls being themselves while the boy remains stuck in his character, it emphasizes the sense of real-vs-phony. We see that it is the girls who have the real power.

>>>...It is just a simple song in the sytle of the 50th /60th...>>>>

I disagree. There is a simplicity and repetitiveness that is very appealing. But the details of the way you use the style and the changes give a nice up-to-date groove that makes is beleivable. I can beleive that real 10-year-old girls might be interested in this kind of music, more than they would be in an old-fashioned, cloned, 50s-rock groove.

Last edited by flatfoot; 11/23/13 05:50 PM.

Flatfoot sez: Call me when 'Talent-in-a-Box' is ready to ship! -- [8{>

Got some tunes on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50
My BiaB lesson site:
http://jdwolfe0.wixsite.com/learnbiab
User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E
Thank you, flatfood

Yes, the style ... The best thing on BIAB is, that you can play around with the styles and try things out.

And there will be no lead guitarist saying "I will not play it in a way like this" wink

Last edited by erloeser; 11/24/13 01:54 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ronald. That is FANTASTIC....I am so glad you posted the lyrics in English so I could follow along. The last line is just priceless.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E
Thank you, Josie!

Such nice words from you.

I have listened to the songs of each one who wrote here. OMG! You are doing such great things.

I am only dust and you are so kind to me....

Ronald

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
THAT is excellent, amazing, awe inspiring and a 1st class production. And the truly professional video adds SO much to the song.
A + 100 to all the above comments.
Give the kids a round of applause from me, they were so professional in their deliveries.

A good way to start my day!

Alyn

User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E
@ Alyn

the kids can't believe that people from the U.S.A., Australia, South Africa etc. are listen to their song and like it.

Their world is still so small here in the countryside near Cologne / Germany.

They are so proud, thank you so much!

Last edited by erloeser; 11/24/13 05:40 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ronald, Great Job! Music is the universal language. Very well recorded and produced. I enjoyed it immensely. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ronald,

ganz große Klasse! Super Text, Aufnahme und Video.
Alles sehr professionell.
Du hast recht: Die Arbeit mit Kindern ist schwer, macht aber Spaß. Ich weiß, wovon ich rede, denn ich hatte 36 Jahre lang eine Video AG an meiner Schule und habe auch einige Musikvideos gemacht. Dein Song hat mich an einen aus unserem Repertoire erinnert. Er wurde vor etwa 25 Jahren gemacht mit meinem jüngsten Sohn als Darsteller des "Dreamboy". Text und Musik wurde damals von den Schülern gemacht. Die Aufnahmequalität war damals natürlich weit unter deinem Level.
http://www.draisrs.ka.bw.schule.de/video/DREAMBOY.WMV
Hör mal rein.
Guenter

Hi Ronald,

really great! Super lyrics, recording and video.
Everything was very professional.
You're right: Working with children is hard, but fun. I know what I'm talking about, because for 36 years I had a video workshop at my school and also made some music videos. Your song reminded me of one of our repertoire. It was made about 25 years ago with my youngest son starring as "Dreamboy". Lyrics and music were made ​​by the students. The recording quality was then, of course, far below your level.
http://www.draisrs.ka.bw.schule.de/video/DREAMBOY.WMV
Just have a look.
Guenter

P.S. Dein Username ist schon etwas merkwürdig, oder?

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great job Ronald!

I'll echo what everyone has already said. The kids are so cute and do a wonderful job, the song is fun, it looks and sounds great. The RTs you used in your arrangement fit perfectly. I'm totally impressed and enjoyed every minute of it.

Your hard work of writing, arranging, and planning really paid off!

This is something they will treasure and will also bring many others a smile.

Well done.

User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E
@ tommyad and sundance,

I'm happy, that you enjoyed our litte song; you're right, music is something that brings us all together an makes the differences small...

Thank you for your nice postig!

@sundance

the hardest work was to keep the kids entertained over five hours while we were shooting the video.

The kids are asleep at night while standing ....

Last edited by erloeser; 11/24/13 11:00 AM.
User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E
Hallo Boehm,

ich finde es großartig, dass Du auch Projekte mit Kindern gemacht hast.

Natürlich waren die technischen Möglichkeiten vor 25 Jahren nicht so wie sie heute sind. Aber ich wette die Kinder hatten jede Menge Spass und schauen sich das heute auch noch an. Und das Teil ist entzückend. Toll, dass die Kinder das selbst komponiert haben, ich hoffe, sie haben immer noch Spaß an der Musik.

Was den Usernamen angeht: Jaja, aber den Spitznamen haben mir die Leute in meiner Firma verpasst, weil ich sie immer mal wieder retten muss wenn sie was verkackt haben. Die Telefonate begannen und beginnen mit "Ich brauch 'mal den Erlöser" wink

Hello Boehm,

It's great that you have done projects with children.

Of course, the technical possibilities have not been like today 25 years ago. But I bet the kids had a lot of fun. And that song is delightful.

Last edited by erloeser; 11/24/13 11:08 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Das ist absolut wunderbar! Vielen Dank, dass Sie und die Kinder. Ich kann sicherlich zustimmen, dass das ist, was die Kinder der Welt tun sollte. Vielen Dank, dass Sie und die Kinder für eine wunderbare Erwachen an diesem Morgen.

User Showcase
E
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
E

Dear Don,

Thank you for your kind words. I think it's so nice that you write in German

You're right, that's what kids should do.

Children do exactly what you show them and what you awakens their interests. This is exhausting but very satisfying.

I always wanted to be a musician and I'm never become. Maybe I can nudge others on this path.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,453
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195