Options
Index
#222256 - 11/23/13 04:24 PM [User Showcase] German children song and video
Loc: Germany
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

Hi,

I know that only Germans may have fun with this song, but as we have no “showroom” in the German part of the user forum, please allow me to introduce a german children-song I made with BB2013 and the video I performed with 4 Kids.

It all started when my ten year old daughter said: “Make a song about boys”.

So the song is about a boy who tries to be real cool, like a pocket sized Terminator.

All the music was made with BB 2013, based on the style _JAZFUNK.STY.

In fact, it became a mix of different styles:

Drums: Jazzfunkgroovin
Bass: Baby, Guajira
Piano: Rhythm Jazz Funk
Guitar: Rhythm Pop American
Synth: Synth, Rhythm Modern Dance Pop

I use BB to create different waves, export them and use them in Reaper.

The voices were recorded and the song was mixed in a studio

http://youtu.be/wHkdbYD-gNI

#222262 - 11/23/13 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Thats the way to have FUN!!!! smile
Would love to see the translation.
Great little tune and I LOVE the "hook" in the chorus.
Brilliant - thats what kids should be doing, not War Gaming and staring at the TV.
cheers
ian

BB2019Plus,604,RB2,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#222263 - 11/23/13 04:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: sixchannel]
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you so much!

It's impossible to translate the song, because I'm gaming around with the words. But just to give you an idea:

Part One:

You sneak across the schoolyard as a lone Tiger
You think you're the champ, the great high-flyer
Your style oh my god, I'm really not fussy
yet so as you go around here that's just embarrassing

Your deodorant smells exactly like the blue stuff in the toilet
Your clothes are really awful and your shoes too
Your mother told you're styling hours in front of the mirror
Your hair look like a flat driven hedgehog

Chorus:

Boy You're embarrassing
Yes, you're really
Outside you're a macho
but inside you're hollow

You don't know how things work
and you don't know what's up
and how to get a girl turned her head

Part Two

Your hero stories
just make me yawn
Your show at our parties
moves me to tears only

If you dance that's terrible
I do not want to moan now
but if you sing it sounds
as my cat would puke...

You and your friends
when I hear you
The nonsense you're talking about...
... You are truly disturbed

Football, bashing, daddeln ("daddeln" means playing with a computer in german slang)
that's your world
and I can not say that I like your world

Chorus....

Part Three

You're so convinced that all the girls love you
that no one can withstand you - I think is exaggerated
Your mother loves you and no one else
trie to become a man, and then come back, you pigmy

I am not happy that you pull me by the hair
and showing me like this that you are interested in me
Your stupid sayings, just leave them
then, some day, a girl will like you

Sax-Solo

Part Four

You don't have to cry now, You're still not at the end
With a bit of good sake you'll even manage the turn
Just stop playing the Terminator
Then you'll eventually experience your first kiss

Just try to be a boy, because you are one
Your macho style I don't care for it
Under this stupid shell there's indeed a core
a really nice guy which I like

Chorus

Edited by erloeser (11/23/13 05:14 PM)

#222268 - 11/23/13 05:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi erloeser,

You've done a brilliant job here with absolutely everything! "Professional, professional, professional" is shouting out loudly in my mind. It's a really enthusiastic standing ovation from me! The production was outstanding and the children were spectacular!

Personally, I love listening to songs in a language I can't understand because it forces me to pay more attention to the melody and harmony, and how the sounds in the lyrics flow. This song flowed flawlessly in every single aspect.

I hope you post more of your work. I'm a fan smile

All the best,
Noel

#222275 - 11/23/13 05:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: Noel96]
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

Hi,

Thank you so much... I would never have expected a reaction like this from professionals.

It is just a simple song in the sytle of the 50th /60th.

I'll never be able to use the potential of BB, but I want to make some nice children's songs.

Children's songs always show children as the adults want to see them. I want to show them as they are.

And believe me: Working with children is a hard but funny job smile

You're right, the children did a good job. But at the set I had to act like a North Korean slave driver...

I was concerned, that the boy would appear as an idiot. But isn't he really cool?

Edited by erloeser (11/23/13 05:40 PM)

#222278 - 11/23/13 05:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Ronald,

This is PHENOMENAL!

Excellent in all regards. The music is infectious! (that's a good thing) The mix is, quite simply, professional.

The video is, by far, the best I've ever seen on any forum like this.
(How was it filmed? And what did you use to edit it?)

AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME.

Bravo. More, please!!!

floyd

#222282 - 11/23/13 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: floyd jane]
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

@ floyd jane

thank you so much! I'm so happy that you like it!

The mix (out of the dry waves from BIAB) was made in a Studio Andreas Melzer Studio

The video was made with a DSLR (I think with a Canon 5D) by Ingo Kasten

He made the cut too. He uses Sony Vegas and he knows how to use the filters to give the impression of "film"

The video was recorded in the recording-studio, in an old railway-station and in a dancing-studio. I made a script before so it took "only" two and a half days wink We had tons of material

We practised with the girls for some weekends. Belevieve me, if you are working with Kids of 10 years you must have time. And you must have a perfect organisation (people say, that we germans like to organize)

Sixchannel said "thats what kids should be doing, not War Gaming and staring at the TV" He is right!

I spent a lot of $$$$ for this video. I will not earn any money with it.

But can you imagine, that the children will show this in a lot of years to their own children?

This is really priceless...

Edited by erloeser (11/23/13 06:11 PM)

#222295 - 11/23/13 07:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
Loc: Sacramento CA
flatfoot Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento CA
Wow from me too! You got some great vocal work going on here. I never would have chosen the _jazfunk style for a song like this, but you made it work. The Rhodes licks fit very tastily.

I see why you cant really cant translate the words. I know very little German, but I can tell that you have puns and wordplay going on. Too bad I dont get the jokes.

I like the way the girls break character at the very end. I think it would be interesting to have little bits of these casual poses scattered here and there throughout the whole video. When we see the girls being themselves while the boy remains stuck in his character, it emphasizes the sense of real-vs-phony. We see that it is the girls who have the real power.

>>>...It is just a simple song in the sytle of the 50th /60th...>>>>

I disagree. There is a simplicity and repetitiveness that is very appealing. But the details of the way you use the style and the changes give a nice up-to-date groove that makes is beleivable. I can beleive that real 10-year-old girls might be interested in this kind of music, more than they would be in an old-fashioned, cloned, 50s-rock groove.

Edited by flatfoot (11/23/13 07:50 PM)

Got some tunes on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50
My BiaB lesson site:
http://jdwolfe0.wixsite.com/learnbiab

#222315 - 11/24/13 03:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you, flatfood

Yes, the style ... The best thing on BIAB is, that you can play around with the styles and try things out.

And there will be no lead guitarist saying "I will not play it in a way like this" wink

Edited by erloeser (11/24/13 03:54 AM)

#222320 - 11/24/13 06:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Ronald. That is FANTASTIC....I am so glad you posted the lyrics in English so I could follow along. The last line is just priceless.

#222326 - 11/24/13 07:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you, Josie!

Such nice words from you.

I have listened to the songs of each one who wrote here. OMG! You are doing such great things.

I am only dust and you are so kind to me....

Ronald

#222327 - 11/24/13 07:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
THAT is excellent, amazing, awe inspiring and a 1st class production. And the truly professional video adds SO much to the song.
A + 100 to all the above comments.
Give the kids a round of applause from me, they were so professional in their deliveries.

A good way to start my day!

Alyn

#222330 - 11/24/13 07:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: gibson]
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

@ Alyn

the kids can't believe that people from the U.S.A., Australia, South Africa etc. are listen to their song and like it.

Their world is still so small here in the countryside near Cologne / Germany.

They are so proud, thank you so much!

Edited by erloeser (11/24/13 07:40 AM)

#222337 - 11/24/13 09:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Ronald, Great Job! Music is the universal language. Very well recorded and produced. I enjoyed it immensely. Tom

#222351 - 11/24/13 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Ronald,

ganz große Klasse! Super Text, Aufnahme und Video.
Alles sehr professionell.
Du hast recht: Die Arbeit mit Kindern ist schwer, macht aber Spaß. Ich weiß, wovon ich rede, denn ich hatte 36 Jahre lang eine Video AG an meiner Schule und habe auch einige Musikvideos gemacht. Dein Song hat mich an einen aus unserem Repertoire erinnert. Er wurde vor etwa 25 Jahren gemacht mit meinem jüngsten Sohn als Darsteller des "Dreamboy". Text und Musik wurde damals von den Schülern gemacht. Die Aufnahmequalität war damals natürlich weit unter deinem Level.
http://www.draisrs.ka.bw.schule.de/video/DREAMBOY.WMV
Hör mal rein.
Guenter

Hi Ronald,

really great! Super lyrics, recording and video.
Everything was very professional.
You're right: Working with children is hard, but fun. I know what I'm talking about, because for 36 years I had a video workshop at my school and also made some music videos. Your song reminded me of one of our repertoire. It was made about 25 years ago with my youngest son starring as "Dreamboy". Lyrics and music were made ​​by the students. The recording quality was then, of course, far below your level.
http://www.draisrs.ka.bw.schule.de/video/DREAMBOY.WMV
Just have a look.
Guenter

P.S. Dein Username ist schon etwas merkwürdig, oder?

#222354 - 11/24/13 11:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Great job Ronald!

I'll echo what everyone has already said. The kids are so cute and do a wonderful job, the song is fun, it looks and sounds great. The RTs you used in your arrangement fit perfectly. I'm totally impressed and enjoyed every minute of it.

Your hard work of writing, arranging, and planning really paid off!

This is something they will treasure and will also bring many others a smile.

Well done.

#222363 - 11/24/13 12:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: tommyad]
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

@ tommyad and sundance,

I'm happy, that you enjoyed our litte song; you're right, music is something that brings us all together an makes the differences small...

Thank you for your nice postig!

@sundance

the hardest work was to keep the kids entertained over five hours while we were shooting the video.

The kids are asleep at night while standing ....

Edited by erloeser (11/24/13 01:00 PM)

#222364 - 11/24/13 12:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: boehm]
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

Hallo Boehm,

ich finde es großartig, dass Du auch Projekte mit Kindern gemacht hast.

Natürlich waren die technischen Möglichkeiten vor 25 Jahren nicht so wie sie heute sind. Aber ich wette die Kinder hatten jede Menge Spass und schauen sich das heute auch noch an. Und das Teil ist entzückend. Toll, dass die Kinder das selbst komponiert haben, ich hoffe, sie haben immer noch Spaß an der Musik.

Was den Usernamen angeht: Jaja, aber den Spitznamen haben mir die Leute in meiner Firma verpasst, weil ich sie immer mal wieder retten muss wenn sie was verkackt haben. Die Telefonate begannen und beginnen mit "Ich brauch 'mal den Erlöser" wink

Hello Boehm,

It's great that you have done projects with children.

Of course, the technical possibilities have not been like today 25 years ago. But I bet the kids had a lot of fun. And that song is delightful.

Edited by erloeser (11/24/13 01:08 PM)

#222366 - 11/24/13 01:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: erloeser]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Das ist absolut wunderbar! Vielen Dank, dass Sie und die Kinder. Ich kann sicherlich zustimmen, dass das ist, was die Kinder der Welt tun sollte. Vielen Dank, dass Sie und die Kinder für eine wunderbare Erwachen an diesem Morgen.

#222367 - 11/24/13 01:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: German children song and video [Re: Don Gaynor]
erloeser Offline
Enthusiast

Dear Don,

Thank you for your kind words. I think it's so nice that you write in German

You're right, that's what kids should do.

Children do exactly what you show them and what you awakens their interests. This is exhausting but very satisfying.

I always wanted to be a musician and I'm never become. Maybe I can nudge others on this path.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

Forum Stats
28406 Members
58 Forums
55136 Topics
459179 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
ecnal, Jurassic, Derek Deatherage, poyol247, otcpub

28405 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 330
Pipeline 308