Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#231787 - 12/30/13 06:19 PM [User Showcase] Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

This cut will show you why I don't sing a lot of Rock...just don't have the voice for it. This is a rough demo...still needs some touching up, musically.

This is another of the BIAB songs for which I no longer have the BIAB tracks...just this stereo mix-down. So, unfortunately, I can't give you the BIAB tracks info. Everything is BIAB except the guitar, which is my effort on Rock (not my strongest genre!)

I'm singing the lead vocal and the three harmony parts on the chorus.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11642647

Don't Come Knockin'

(v1)
Hope you're proud of your cheatin' self
Cuz I'm taking you off the shelf
Sending you on down the road
Your childish game is just too old
All you have to offer m
Is your infidelity
You've left me feeling empty and so cold

CHORUS
Don't come knockin' on my front door
I ain't got nothin' for you no more
I've grown tired of all your alibis
And don't come knockin' at my back door
Things ain't the way they were before
I'm fed up with all your cheatin' lies

(v2)
I gave you everything
My heart, my soul and all that bling
But I guess that ain't enough
My love - my dreams - and all that stuff
Cuz you had to cross the line
I guess you thought that I was blind
But Honey I saw every thing
Guess I saw too much

CHORUS

INSTRUMENTAL BREAK

(v3)
Hope you find what turns you on
Cuz honey what we had is gone
I can't let you hang around
To build me up then bring me down
Don't come runnin' back to me
I'm through with you just let me be
That string around my finger just came unwound

CHORUS

CHORUS

TAG
Don’t you even come knockin’

(c) 2012 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Bowers, BMI

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#231812 - 12/30/13 08:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent song. Neat edge to the guitar. Excellent lyrics and well sung

#231832 - 12/30/13 10:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Scott...

Thanks so much. We appreciate the listen and your kind words. It's not a real good genre for me (Al) but we try to write outside our comfort zone to improve our writing skills. With a good rock voice, we think this one would be pretty decent. Thanks again!

Al & Di

#231940 - 12/31/13 11:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Al,

nice one.
Especially like the lead guitar.

Happy New Year

Guenter

#231958 - 12/31/13 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Al and Di
Nothing wrong with this. Dont do yourself down.
Excellent slow and heavy Rocker!
Loved the guitar break and its dead stop and then its reprise in the Outro.
Go into 2014 with more of these great ideas.
Happy New Year
Ian

BB2019Plus,604,RB2,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#231973 - 12/31/13 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Al and Di.

I agree with Ian - what's not to like?

Good powerful sound with a great drum track and excellent guitar solo.

Vocals? Absolutely fine. Just have the confidence that you can do this stuff.

Good mix, nice stereo and well produced. All in all, an extremely good package.

ROG.

#232001 - 12/31/13 04:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: boehm]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Guenter...

Thank you very much. I'm glad the guitar track worked for you! Happy new year to you, too.

Al & Di

#232006 - 12/31/13 04:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: sixchannel]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Good Evening Ian...

You are much too kind. We thank you very much. It is encouraging, indeed. I (Al) sincerely appreciate the confidence. perhaps it's just because it's not a common genre for me (us) that I'm not sure about the quality of the vocal. I'm very happy with the music, as is Di. I'll try to be a little more optimistic with my vocals! Singing for me is a struggle...it's not a natural ability. What you heard there was the 9th or 10th attempt. Now my wife, on the other hand, just opens her mouth and out comes this beautiful sound. She says singing for her is a simple as scratching an itch. I'm jealous!!!!

Thanks again. We both are very happy to read your kind words. We hope 2014 is a spectacular year for you.

Al & Di

#232007 - 12/31/13 04:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: ROG]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi ROG...

As we told Ian, we are very pleased to read your kind words of encouragement. Thank you so very much. The guitar work, the arrangement and the mix weren't all that difficult. Buit I really had to work on the vocal. We are delighted you enjoyed it as much as you did. Thanks! And a very happy New year to you and yours...

Al & Di

#232050 - 12/31/13 07:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Al,

Excellent job on this - I thought the vocal was really good... Loved the whole thing!

Bob

#232066 - 12/31/13 09:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the listen and the kind words. We're delighted you liked it. And I personally (Al) appreciate the encouragement on the vocal. Thanks again! best to you in 2014. It's already 2014 over there in the UK...four more hours here in Tennessee.

Al & Di

#232109 - 01/01/14 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Al,

I agree with the above posters, a sterling effort!! and hear no problems with the vocals
Your guitar skills are good, I enjoyed the solo and the dips of the trem arm and hope that you also did "the facial contortions" synonymous with a solo like that!!

Have a good New year, I look forward to listening to more of your songs in the future.

Alyn

#232188 - 01/01/14 11:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Alan,

Cool chorus. Loved the guitar work - great tone!

A few suggestions (for future "rock" mixes - since this one is gone).
The vocal could be mixed "nestled-down" a bit - so you can really CRANK it up to hear the guitars and drums "rockin'" (the drums sound great, too!)... This vocal is mixed more like a country song - more up-front and crisp (just my opinion, of course). Also thought this could have been sped up some. And a lot more harmonies on the chorus.

Not to "take away" from the song -'cause it was fun!

Happy New Year to you and Di!

floyd

#232191 - 01/01/14 11:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Al !:))

Exceptionally good sound on this
most interesting tune of yours !
Enjoyed listening to it !:))

Cheers
Dani

#232276 - 01/01/14 04:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: gibson]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Alyn...

Well, of course I did the facial contortions! What respectable picker wouldn't...ha!!!

Glad you liked it. And thanks so much for your kind comments. We sure do appr4eciate it! Wishing you the very best...

Al and Di

#232278 - 01/01/14 04:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: floyd jane]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Good Afternoon, Floyd,

Glad you liked it! thanks for those real kind words.

And you are right...I did mix this one as thought it were a Country or Folk tune, where lyric and story are king. But in Rock, it's more the beat and melody. I've already made a note of your suggestions for my next Rock mix. I have a couple of others, mostly with Di doing female lead, that I'll revisit and dial the vocal back and the percussions and bass up. The bass and drums are the "booty movers" on most Rock songs.

I did first and second part harmonies on this cut (duplicated the 2nd part, so it's on there twice). But I think you are right... loading that chorus up with more voice would give it a better Rock feel.

I appreciate all your feedback. Never hesitate to offer constructive criticism on any of our songs. The only way to improve is to be shown where you've fallen short or took a wrong turn somewhere along the way. I'll be 68 years old in March and I find I'm still learning as much now as I did when I was young.

Thanks again, my friend! Wishing you everything good.

Al (and Di)

#232279 - 01/01/14 04:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: dani48]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Dani...

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your very kind comments. We are delighted you are enjoying our music! Best to you in 2014!!!

Al & Di

#232462 - 01/02/14 11:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Well done. I loved the lead guitar. There are a few spots in the verses and chorus where a few lead licks might work too. I want more....
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#232619 - 01/03/14 12:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

oleman...

Thank you so much for the listen and the review. We thought about putting that lead guitar in the background in a couple of places but decided to keep it simple instead. But, we might revisit it and see what happens. Thanks again...appreciate it. And hope 2014 is a great year for you!

Al & Di

#232649 - 01/03/14 08:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Come Knockin' - Al Singing Again [Re: Al-David]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Al, Fun song. The vocal was good and the guitar playing was great. I agree with floyd on the mix. Keep em coming, Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Forum Stats
28447 Members
58 Forums
55272 Topics
460413 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
saxmanz, dewar, claytonkyra, Warren G, Raymond Carrasco

28446 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 359
Pipeline 335