You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#238720 - 02/05/14 01:11 PM [User Showcase] See me Shine
Steve Mac Offline
Enthusiast

After a few weeks of owning BIAB I was starting to get the hang of it when I had a total hard drive failure. Lots of money and time later and I am back in business.
With

See me Shine

Last month my wife asked if I would write her a love song and immediately the line "see me shine when you walk in the room" came into my head, however when I picked up my guitar to start work on it, it metamorphosed into what's basically a piece of smut laugh
I created it using the Texrock style but substituted the hard LA drums for the ones that come with the style. All done in BIAB as I want to learn this before I start looking at Realband. I did mix it together in Reaper.
Hope you like it and it's not too raunchy
Cheers Steve
My website

Edited by Steve Mac (02/05/14 01:13 PM)

#238724 - 02/05/14 02:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Steve,

You are rockin' the house here, buddy!!!

Good mix on the drums, bass and guitars! I think the harmonica is a bit too out front - a little extra reverb on it might be the thing (or just lowered a bit)... but rock songs like this often rely pretty heavy on the reverb.

And... while we're on the subject.. I think for this you should put a pretty heavy reverb on your vocal. (Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with it). These type songs (for some reason I kept thinking KISS) typically have enough reverb that you "notice it". IF you add reverb, you may have to raise the vocal some - adding reverb has the effect of seeming to lower the volume...

I'd like to see a lyric sheet. The vocal is tucked into the mix - which I think is fine for this - but it makes some of the words difficult to catch (which, again, is okay here... these are the type rock songs you spend your whole life going "what are those lyrics".. it's part of the fun...).

Just some thoughts. I like it. And let me say again... great job on the "guts" of this - drums, bass an guitars!!! And a COOL, fun vocal! And tell your wife I really like her picture!

floyd

#238737 - 02/05/14 04:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
gruverider Offline
Expert

nice rocking vibe!

I too would like to see the lyrics smile

much enjoyed!

#238793 - 02/06/14 03:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Steve Mac Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate the feedback. The only thing I am not sure about is Floyd (great name by the way) your comment on more reverb for the main vocal, I am sort of in the "less is more" camp, unless of course your Elvis. But this is only my third ever attempt at a song, so I will definitely take what you say on board. and the missus says thanks too Floyd!

Here are the lyrics as requested:-

In the morning I rise up against you
Greet the brand new day
I can hear you calling out to god
But, I know you don’t pray

Feels so good moving together
Each and every way
If i could
You know I would
Be with you everyday

See me shine
When you walk in the room
See me shine
When you call the tune
Hear me laugh
At everything you say
Watch me fall as you crawl away

The feeling start way down in my toes
You give me some more and the feeling grows
Give it all, you can’t have enough
I’m going to pump you pretty
‘till your head comes off

See me shine
See me shine
When you call the tune
Hear me laugh
At everything you say

Harder, harder , faster please
Give me good old constant motion
‘till I’m weak at the knees

See me shine
See me shine
When you call the tune
Hear me laugh
At everything you say

See me shine
See me shine
When you call the tune
Hear me laugh
At everything you say

Edited by Steve Mac (02/06/14 03:43 AM)

#238794 - 02/06/14 03:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Steve !:))

You´ve written a real rocker !!:))
I am sure your wife will be more
than pleased with this display of
your affection for her !!:))

Cheers
Dani

#238802 - 02/06/14 04:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi Steve
I enjoy a good rocking tune as much as anything and this was a good one! Great vocal. I'm sure your wife must be pleased with her love song. Good job getting to know BIAB. It's fun isn't it?

#238981 - 02/07/14 10:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: JoanneCooper]
Steve Mac Offline
Enthusiast

I have put together a quick video if anyone would like to take a look. Thanks again for your comments

See Me Shine Video

#238998 - 02/07/14 01:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Sorry to hear about your computer woes, Nice production work, everything is clear and precise; thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#239118 - 02/08/14 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Steve Mac Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks have to admit it took forever editing it. I will try something a bit simpler next time.

#239120 - 02/08/14 12:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Nice rocker all the way around. And a good rocking mix to go with it -- not the easiest thing to do IMO. you waitin' till Valentines Day to demo it for her? smile

#239125 - 02/08/14 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Elliott Kayne Offline
Apprentice

Nice job ... good country rock song.

#239135 - 02/08/14 01:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Steve Mac Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Elliot.
Janice and bud, no she has heard it and asked how can she let her mother hear it!

#239146 - 02/08/14 03:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
F.M.M. Online   content
Veteran

hi steve great mix love it thanks for sharing eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#239386 - 02/10/14 11:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Steve,

I love what you did with the video for this song. Really impressive. One of the best produced videos I've seen by a forum member. If you don't mind sharing, what editing software are you using and where did you find all those classic kissing clips? Excellent job putting this together.

I like the song, it's fun and the video makes it even better. I think it sounds great on youtube and wouldn't change a thing.

Josie

#239422 - 02/10/14 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Sundance]
Steve Mac Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Josie and thanks for your kind comments. I am a recently retired wedding photographer and although I have no video experience, I used to create slide shows of the happy couples photographs to set to music and put on a DVD for them. So when I started this new hobby this christmas I simply used the same software it's Photodex Producer. It's probably not the best for this purpose but I already had it and knew how to use it.
With regards to the video, they are simply short clips of old movies I had on DVDs.

Again thanks to all for your kind considered comments

#239484 - 02/11/14 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi Steve. Love the video. Excellent job. I am trying to learn something about video production so this is a great example of how to do it.

#239490 - 02/11/14 07:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: See me Shine [Re: Steve Mac]
Steve Mac Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks, its my third go ever (I only started at Christmas) and if you look at my first attempt I Ride the Range you can see that I had lots of trouble especially with the lip syncing. But slowly I think I am getting there.
Thanks for the encouragement, should have another one by next week.
Cheers Steve

PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
35001 Members
66 Forums
71280 Topics
618299 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Moacir, CBLM Holy Family, grenouille, an_thunder, ged1200

35001 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 285