Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#273526 - 12/09/14 08:51 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: Cerio]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Great idea!

My vote goes for Scott Devine, a truly master of the bass guitar, a great insturctor and a great guy.

http://www.scottsbasslessons.com/

I second this nomination.

Charlie

#282116 - 01/26/15 03:30 PM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

TROY BRENNINGMEYER (teaches Dobro and lap steel lessons)

HIS YOUTUBE SITE

his non-youtube web site is HERE

Not all of his lessons are free, but he offers a LOT of free teaser lessons to acquaint people with what he has to offer.

And he's a BAND IN A BOX customer, uses BIAB backing tracks for his lessons, and I think to create printed music.

#282119 - 01/26/15 03:55 PM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

#286419 - 03/03/15 08:23 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Felice Offline

Hi.

I've been using Band in a Box for years and reading the forums regularly but I've just registered. Our son (12) was wanting to learn guitar but there are not any teachers near where we live so I looked at the recommendations on the forum. A few people have recommended ROG and we have found his site really useful.

Our son is now learning lead and rhythm guitar and making good progress. There are backing tracks to practice to and over 100 videos for learning chords. I would certainly recommend his site to anyone else learning guitar. His site is

www.music-prof.co.uk

Thanks for such a great forum.

#287405 - 03/11/15 06:06 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
I just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to the people who've nominated us in this thread.

We're flattered by the mentions and encouraged to keep improving and adding to the site.

Many thanks too to PG MUSIC - RealBand and PowerTracks are used extensively in the preparation of our videos, particularly the backing tracks, which are used for lead solos and chords practice.

We now have 350 videos running and most of our lessons are in both English and French and strangely, even though we're based in York, England, we get more views from France than anywhere else.

So, we're pleased that you found the site useful and once again, many thanks.

ROG.

#314156 - 10/12/15 07:49 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Music-AMG Offline
Enthusiast

Better late than never smile

New user to the software.. absolutely love it..

I play blues guitar and I have to recommend Brian Sherrill from https://www.activemelody.com/ and his you tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCecl4C6gPzRnvQw7hJeJz6A

He always teaches everything he plays note for note in his lessons. He has been doing this for over 5 years now.

I personally have been playing since about the time dirt was discovered, but, I pick up new stuff in his videos every time.

His lessons a partially free, usually the lessons are in 2 parts, with a free part and a premium member part. The premium part is very reasonable too, $7 a month, and cancel or restart anytime you want.

He focuses on blues guitar, almost all styles, and worth looking at.

#315030 - 10/19/15 12:49 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
JennLangley Offline

I'd like to suggest Geethanjali for Veena lessons, found on YouTube at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYlgC9R6_xY

This veena teacher is a great player herself. I think she has in depth knowledge about her veena. Her style of teaching is also impressive.

Her personal homepage is at ...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNKSG9SSX8j50kF6LyzJAhg

Regards,
Jennifer Langley

#323860 - 12/08/15 05:09 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Denmark
stratos Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Denmark
This guy really nails the good things in jazz guitar.
He is a Dane living in the Nederlands.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jenslarsen02

#325096 - 12/14/15 05:55 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Chris Heinen Offline
Enthusiast

- Name and youtube username - Julian Bradley - JazzTutorial - https://www.youtube.com/user/jazztutorial/videos

- instrument (e.g. guitar) - Keyboards

- genre (e.g. jazz beginner guitar) - Jazz

- comments (optional) (e.g. great teacher ...) - Julian stays focused on blending the sound of the music you are hearing with the transcription (representation) of the music. So, for example, when discussing the topic of modes/scales, you hear what a Lydian scale sounds like, and how to spot it in written form in sheet music, and how it sounds/looks different than a Mixolydian scale for a given key signature, etc. Nothing "new" about this, but Julian presents the theories in self-contained chunks that seem more organized than that which I've seen on other music theory sites.

I would really like to see PG Music collaborate with Julian on some sort of BIAB music theory package, since I enjoy Julian's insights and format.

#338029 - 02/25/16 05:20 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Pet Offline

I'd like to nominate walk that bass for jazz piano lessons on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/walkthatbass

I think he's relatively new but I find his lessons pretty easy to follow and interesting

#391686 - 01/22/17 08:19 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
AS we start 2017 I'd like to nominate:

David Wallimann

You can find him at:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Wallimann/featured

- Guitar
- Fusion

David Wallimann is a huge "you-tube" channel guy with a on-line guitar instruction site. But don't hold that against him. grin

This guy is a fantastic guitar instructor who absolutely goes on fire at times with his videos. I have been a follower for years. His Master Class Videos can be simply eye opening and game changing for the closet guitarist and "music student" who craves web based instruction.

For any guitarist who thinks he knows how to play modally this (and I mean DW's entire class plan) is must viewing.

I have had the pleasure of working with David, including a year of woodshedding with his class material. He opened my eyes to modal playing and presents this topic like no other guitar instructor. His instruction borders on "story telling" and he tell a great story based on his mastery of the guitar fret board.

And by the way, he is a BIAB Guy! grin I know there are others in our forum who have enjoyed and been educated by DW. Would love to see him recognized and honored for his tremendous contribution to web based musical instruction.

SoundCloud

#391700 - 01/22/17 09:49 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: MusicStudent]
Loc: Ohio-USA
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
I am also nominating Andrew Wasson, I have learned more from his lessons than any git-fiddle player I have tried. grin

- Name Andrew Wasson youtube channels
Creative Guitar Studio https://www.youtube.com/user/creativeguitarstudio
guitarblogupdate https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1iBPmVzzcHqJSXBcPppPkA
[s][/s]

I would also like to nominate Jared Falk over at Drumeo...

https://www.drumeo.com/

A a drummer I love the structured, to the point, lessons & guest's that stop by. If you are a drummer it is worth the cost, and if you are even just programing drums this site will give you inste into HOW drummers think. cool
Intel Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS/2x 3tb Internal HDD, 12tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, E-Mu 1820 Sound Card, Win Vista/Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2019, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 5, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32

#410591 - 05/03/17 09:38 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: GHinCH]
Loc: Alamogordo, NM
apistilli Offline

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
Originally Posted By: GHinCH
- RecordingRevolution https://www.youtube.com/user/recordingrevolution?feature=watch
- instrument: studio
- recording and mixing
- comments: a lot of little but important stuff most of us amateurs aren't aware of explained in an understandable way -- and he doesn't get angry when we play his videos over and over...

I second that one!Graham is awesome and makes the recording/mixing process easy to understand for beginners like me.

#461327 - 03/09/18 10:59 AM [Best of YouTube] Re: Nominations wanted for PG Music's "Best Music Teachers on YouTube" awards.... [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Central Ohio
Marty Schwartz
Guitar instruction: Blues, Folk, Rock
No list could be complete without our old pal and
virtual guitar teacher, Marty Schwartz. Here's a
sample with about nine million views:
[Marty Schwartz](https://youtu.be/llNuwhZWXKA)
Marty is a pioneer in online teaching. He has kept his
friendly, informal style, and most important, never
stopped making toutorials.
Marty's web site is Guitar Jamz.

Edited by edshaw (03/09/18 11:05 AM)
TEAC Digital deck

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Forum Stats
28465 Members
58 Forums
55324 Topics
461034 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
herk, ketas, Lame Newbie, Hennryparth, fontenay

28465 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 396
Pipeline 338