Options
Index
#249928 - 05/15/14 07:17 PM [User Showcase] Yesterday's Tomorrow
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Yesterday's Tomorrow

This gig started on Friday night but now it is early Saturday morning, thus the title of this song. It is last call so grab your lady and dance for the last time tonight.

After a long and happy but somewhat chaotic vacation/holiday and a number of days of trying to catch up with all of my yard work I was able to get some music finished thanks to a couple days of rain!

Anyway I hope you enjoy this little quick and dirty song. Band in a Box is playing the drums and piano from the Slow CountryPop w. piano [85MST] style while I am playing the alto sax via my wind controller and the bass guitar.

All comments are welcomed.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#249932 - 05/15/14 07:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Hi MarioD. I believe this is your first post I've had to pleasure to enjoy and I truly did enjoy it. It's a good mix and superb arrangement.

Regards,

Charlie

#249948 - 05/15/14 10:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really pretty music! WOuld have never guessed that the sax wasn't live. I would probably make the piano a bit dryer. Very cool stuff! Take care. Greg

#249955 - 05/16/14 05:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Mario !:))

I really enjoyed this lovely and soothing
tune !:)) PS: Hope you don´t mind if I did not find
any dirt in it ? (LOL) !

Cheers
Dani

Edited by dani48 (05/16/14 05:37 AM)

#249958 - 05/16/14 07:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Nice tune. Very relaxing. The sax via windcontroller is very cool.

#249965 - 05/16/14 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

This sounds good. Nice mellow tune. Kinda sad sounding in some ways.

I have an old Yamaha DS27S that came with a breath controller for similar usage. Harmonica and the wind instruments etc.... I tried to use it and found it to be very much a PITA so it's in a drawer with all sorts of stuff that I rarely use.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#249985 - 05/16/14 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Mario,

really pretty song. Very relaxing. I would never have guessed that the sax wasn't real.
I like your avatar.

Guenter

#249995 - 05/16/14 12:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Mario
Welcome back! We have missed you and this is the most wonderful welcome back. It is fabulous. That sax is awesome. I left a comment on your soundcloud page too. Well done.

#249998 - 05/16/14 12:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I think a wind-controller sax to midi is pretty much "real" -- ha, ha. Great job playing -- and I think you have to know how to play to get that realism. Smooth composition and an overall good sound.

#250033 - 05/16/14 10:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: USA
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: USA
Mario,

As you know I am a sucker for a pretty melody and this is a pretty melody. Plus great job on the wind controller and bass.

Now you can have the rest of the night off.

Later my friend,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#250041 - 05/16/14 11:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Enjoyed your sax and bass playing Mario and the atmosphere throughout. Smooth. Cheers.

#250042 - 05/16/14 11:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Mario ...

I believe this is the first track of yours we've listened to. Very nice, indeed! pretty and, in a curious way, a bit haunting. To us, it sounds like the music of someone walking away from a love gone bad but wishing it hadn't.

We're pretty basic with out music and have no idea what a wind controller is. Regardless, it soiunded terrific! Thanks for a real nice listen! Best to you ...

Al & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#250064 - 05/17/14 09:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Mario, What a great sound you get with that wind controller. I like the melody and it is put together very well. Very enjoyable. Tom

#250075 - 05/17/14 09:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Beautiful music, Mario, soothing and dreamy.

#250094 - 05/17/14 11:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Great to see you around again. Like they all said the sax is amazing -- not only how you did it..but also the melody. Wow!!!!

#250124 - 05/17/14 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Hey, Mario, very nice and smooth tune. Only observation is IMHO, that I would bring the piano a tad back.

Regards

Mike B.

#250192 - 05/18/14 12:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

First I would like to thanx all who listened and commented. I really appreciated those comments.

For those who indicated that the piano was a tad too loud well you know how those rock keyboardists are! I’m always yelling turn it down! I will go back and listen more carefully to the piano track.

Herb you might want to reinvestigate that breath controller. With practice it should add realism to wind instruments.

Kevin, I used to be a trumpet and French horn player prior to asthma making me stop. I have my EWI-USB set up with trumpet like fingering. I am still trying to learn how a real sax player plays.

Danny, it did take the night off and I listened to a fantastic performance on
StreetJelly. Great job on that! Josie was super also! What a day for listening!

Al & Di, This, http://www.akaipro.com/product/ewiusb
is the wind controller that I use. Although it looks like a clarinet I have it set up with trumpet like fingering. It has no sound at all but it uses any sound that I have in my computer. It is lots of fun and does at a touch of realism to wind instruments. I am still a beginner on it.

Tom, the sound comes from SampleModeling’s saxes, http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/products_saxophones.php
They produce the best wind instrument sounds available IMHO.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#250212 - 05/18/14 03:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Mario,

Wow, man! That is beautiful. Such expressive playing!

I thought the mix was excellent. The piano is right where it should be. Everything is.

So very enjoyable.

floyd

#250549 - 05/20/14 10:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: floyd jane]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Thanx Floyd for listening and the very nice comments, I really appreciate them.

#250550 - 05/20/14 11:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Yesterday's Tomorrow [Re: MarioD]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Mario,

We came back for a second listen. Somethings are so pretty you just can't get enough. We think that applies to this splendid production. Again, kudos!

Al & Di

PS: Will take a look at that link tomorrow ... thanks!

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

PG Music News
Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32607 Members
68 Forums
65527 Topics
555595 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Royston, SwingBand, Gretsch6120SH, momoko12, LeadLady