Hi Guenter. Thanks so much. In the final version I have panned Cheryl’s harmonies and that makes them stand out a bit more.

Hi Greg. Glad you liked the lines about multiplying the pleasures and dividing up the pain. I always write down interesting phrases that I notice on TV, radio or while reading and when I write a song I go back through those phrases and see what I can adapt for my song.

Patrick – Thanks for the suggestions. I now have the drums coming in on the first chorus.

George – The BIAB uke is an absolute treasure

Josie – Thanks for the comments.

Floyd – Thanks so much for the suggestion. I have just changed the drums to come in at the first chorus but otherwise left them as they are. You are certainly helping me to notice the different aspects of the drums (what I know about drums is dangerous!).

Don – Thank you so much for your ongoing support. I really appreciate it. Everly sisters. That is a great compliment! Hopefully we can carry on doing these sorts of collaborations. Beautiful Scars is really touching a lot of people around the world. I am going to perform it at a concert tonight. Very nervous!

Lawrence – Thanks so much for the suggestion. I have incorporated it into the final version.

Hi Rob and Anne Marie – Thanks so much for giving it a listen.

Noel – Thanks. Agree that is was a good change that Lawrence suggested.

Bub and Janice. I can honestly say that visiting Everest Base Camp was one of the highlights of my life (although I have blocked out the part about the ablutions!). I have always been fascinated by all the history and heroism of Everest and have read many books. I can highly recommend this trip. Landing in a light aircraft on the edge of a mountain in Lukla, while looking down on the wreckage of other light aircraft scattered on the mountain is a feeling I shall not forget.

I have done a video of the song. Dedicated to my friend, of 25 years, Sonja.
It is here

My Old Friend on Youtube

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/