Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#258782 08/07/14 11:31 AM
User Showcase
Beth Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Everyone.

This is the second song of my own, though some of you may have heard me play as part of ROG's team.

All the guitar parts are mine but credit for the vocals goes to Andy. BVs are Jessie and Courtney and ROG is playing bass and Keyboards. The drums are a RealDrum track, but can't remember which one. It's all recorded in RealBand and mixed and mastered in PowerTracks.

RIP IT UP
No way to hide it baby
You have to face it
Sometimes there's no way back so
Don't waste your time trying to pick up all the pieces, got to..
Rip it up
Go on and rip it up
You've got to rip it up
Yeah rip it up

Take back the things you told me
They're gonna haunt you
Too late to work it out now
Don't waste your time trying to pick up all the pieces, got to..
Rip it up
Go on and rip it up
You've got to rip it up
Yeah rip it up
And start again

Many thanks for listening and all comments are welcome.

Beth.

Beth #258783 08/07/14 12:12 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beth,

EXCELLENT!!!!

One of the BEST rock pieces I've heard on the forum.

A TERRIFIC rock song lyric. The guitar work is dynamite!

Awesome vocals - lead and background!!! Andy, Jessie and Courtney did a great job.

ROG's production is superb - my favorite of all I've ever heard from him - with one caveat (this is just my opinion). The drums (snare and kick) need to come up - a bunch (okay, maybe not a bunch...). Everything else ROCKS HARD!!! The drums need to match that.

Excellent. Big Time. Kudos to all.

floyd

Last edited by floyd jane; 08/07/14 12:19 PM.
Beth #258787 08/07/14 01:19 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice work... reminded me of Tom Petty on some of the parts. Also caught an "All along the watchtower" vibe in a few places too.

Nice tone and playing on the guitar.

Sounded good.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

You can make excuses or you can make progress but you can't do both.
Beth #258795 08/07/14 02:14 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Beth,

Cool song, very good vocals and guitars.

R & AM

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Beth #258798 08/07/14 02:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Beth,

"Plus One" to everything Floyd said. A strong, powerful piece at a moderate tempo. We particularly agree with his comment about bringing the snare and bass drum more forward in the mix. Also, we think that putting just a light more high EQ on the drums might help to flesh them out a bit more.

There's nothing not to like about this. It's a great rock song and everyone involved did a fantastic job. Nice!!!!

Alan & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Beth #258799 08/07/14 02:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
O, we also want to say we fully agree with Herb (Guitarhacker if you're not sure) about the Tom Petty sound. Herb has one of the sharpest ears on the forum and he hears things the get by many of the rest of us. We think he hit the nail on the head with the Tom Petty reference.

Last edited by Al-David; 08/07/14 07:57 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Beth #258812 08/07/14 07:50 PM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Hi Beth. This is truly top notch across the board. Enjoyed it.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Beth #258815 08/07/14 10:10 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beth
Music always sound better when everything, or as much as possible, is live. I would love to know what RealDrum was used just for the hats at the beginning!!
I really enjoyed the listen, the above posters say my thoughts except I think the drums sounded loud enough to me!

You all have the ROG sound, that studio must be a hive of busy lickle bees all producing music gems, sounds like it is a fun place to be!!!

With the title of Rip it Up I expected it to be faster from my style of driving and watching drag racing at Santa Pod years ago grin

Alyn

Last edited by gibson; 08/08/14 01:20 AM.
Beth #258825 08/08/14 04:04 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Beth !:))

This tune of yours´s really rockin´ !!!
What a superb tune with a superb
backing team of both players
and background vocals !:))

Congrats to all of you !!!:))

Cheers
Dani

Beth #258842 08/08/14 07:59 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Nice job!! I also immediately thought Tom Petty. However, in the vocals (which are killer), there is an element of The Mamas and The Papas sitting in for the Heartbreakers. Very cool stuff, great guitar, and great mix (although as Floyd said "More Drums"). Take care. Greg

Beth #258955 08/09/14 05:51 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beth, Great sounding song. It rocks! Great sound on the guitar. Fabulous vocals and a fine mix. Tom

Beth #259016 08/09/14 06:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It sounds like Rog has a gold mine over there and you all are mining great songs.

I agree that this is the best rock song I have heard here. I really like the vocals and the mix but for me the best part was your guitar playing. You all should be very proud of this one.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Beth #259030 08/10/14 01:37 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice rock vocal style and definitely high class vocal and instrumental backings. Cheers.

Beth #259065 08/10/14 10:44 AM
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Beth.

Well, we certainly had some fun putting this one together, didn't we.

It's a wonderful piece of writing from you and I feel privileged to have helped with the recording. It was good to see Andy back in the team after his sabbatical following the birth of his son - we really missed that voice!

Great song, Beth and great guitar playing too. Looking forward to the next one.

ROG.

Beth #259082 08/10/14 01:28 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! That is a seriously strong rock track. I just put the hammer down with the volume and it holds together beautifully. The mix is absolutely spot on for hard rock in my book. It's all there -- in your face when it needs to be and dynamic when it's time for that. Great write and vocals. And those drums? That snare would make Mellencamp proud! This one is heading for our cloud playlist. Thanks.

Beth #259116 08/10/14 07:32 PM
User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Here in far northern CA we have a saying... "Hella Good!" That phrase definitely goes for this piece.

Learn more about my music at:
http://georgeireton.com/music-then-now
Beth #259799 08/17/14 03:48 PM
User Showcase
Beth Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say thank you so much for all the amazing feedback. I had a lot of fun making this one and it turned out to be a great all round rock piece. Thank you once again and watch this space for new songs on the way!

Beth smile

Beth #259805 08/17/14 06:01 PM
User Showcase
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Excellent piece, well written and the performances are superb as well thanks for sharing!

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,305
Posts731,336
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213