Options
Index
#264491 - 10/04/14 06:08 PM [User Showcase] Just One More Day
Loc: Massachusetts
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Hello all,

I haven't been around for a while, but songwriting and recording are making one of their periodic comebacks (finally!). Today I was fooling around with an old country-rock song of mine (circa 1972-73), and I decided to make it a reggae song (well, a reggae RealTracks BIAB style anyway). Maybe I should have waited until Thursday to post, but this song is old AND new. A bit of mash-up with the resonator guitar.

Just One More Day (Bruce Irving)

Thanks for listening!
Bruce

Here's the style information:
Title: Just One More Day
File:Just One More Day 75 _REGGAS1.SGU
Key=D , Tempo 75, Length (m:s)=3:44
No intro. 66 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 66. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _REGGAS1.STY (Slow Swing 16 Reggae)

RealTracks in style: 1157:Bass, Electric, ReggaeSlow Sw 075
RealTracks in style: 1160:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm ReggaeSlow Sw 075
RealTracks in style: 1158:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ReggaeSlow Sw 075
RealTracks in style: 1159:Organ, B3, Rhythm ReggaeSlow Sw 075
RealTracks in song: 2038:Guitar, Resonator, Soloist CountryRob Ev 085
RealDrums in style: ReggaeClassic^3-a:Sidestick, Kick, HiHat , b:Sidestick Busy, HiHat

#264493 - 10/04/14 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hey Bruce.

Yes, yes, I DO like that.

Wonderful old Peter Tosh feel to this one. Smooth but raw at the same time and not over-complicated.

Great vocal. Where did that high backing vox come from? It's just right for this sort of track.

Hope you're going to stick around for a while if you're posting this stuff.

Many thanks for this one. Just going back for another listen.

ROG.

#264502 - 10/04/14 08:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I've been playing around with some of my old songs from those years also. Lot's of fun to re-visit. I enjoyed the listen and look forward to more of your posts soon.

Charlie

#264522 - 10/05/14 01:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
It was an enjoyable listen, and the resonator with reggae was inspired!

The voices were fun, in particular the staggered entrances - I had visions of Muppets singing along, especially at the end.

Nice! smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#264531 - 10/05/14 04:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Bruce,

those high harmonies are perfect for the song and I enjoyed the adlibs at the end.

A good mix of reggae and country.

Alyn

My story

#264537 - 10/05/14 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Welcome back, Bruce.

As ROG said.."Smooth but raw at the same time and not over-complicated." ... an excellent description...

Clever idea to resurrect an old country song as reggae. You pulled it off very well. The background vocals are delightful. The "Muppet moment" at the end can't help but raise a smile.

Nice grouping of instruments, well mixed (thought the organ could come up a bit).

Enjoyed it.

floyd

#264540 - 10/05/14 08:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Interesting RT choice and well executed (we had a lot of fun doing a bluegrass standard with those tracks). Great vocals and the arrangement is inventive and and fun. Also you managed to get that ev feel reso track work fine with the sw rhythm. We enjoyed the listen!

#264556 - 10/05/14 10:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Bruce,

welcome back.
Interesting choice of RTs. Great vocals and harmonies, and the arrangement is unconventional but fun.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#264558 - 10/05/14 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: boehm]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Hi Bruce, this is a very interesting and well-done blend of genres!

You vocal is outstanding and your backing tracks are just as good!

Love the ending!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#264581 - 10/05/14 11:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Love it!! Your voice is perfect for the style-honest, relaxed, and natural. Arrangement and harmonies work perfectly! I think this is how this song was born to feel. Great job!! Take care. Greg

#264604 - 10/05/14 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Great mix of genres/instrumentation. And the vocals are outstanding. I really enjoyed it!

Steve

#264612 - 10/05/14 04:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: Steve Young]
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for all the great comments! I've tried different approaches for this song for years, and I think this may finally be the one. It does sound like I'm channeling my inner Muppet at the end. Maybe Clifford, the dreadlocked musician? The falsetto harmony could be Beaker. But I have to admit I more closely resemble Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. smile

Thanks again,
Bruce

#264650 - 10/06/14 01:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Bruce ...

This is the first time we've had a chance to hear one of your songs. Good to "meet you!

What an interesting (interesting in a good way) mix of tracks! We love it when folks color outside the lines and do some unexpected mixes. We totally loved it! Great harmony by someone!

Agree with the Peter Tosh assessment by ROG. Loved the creativity! Thanks for a super listen! Best to ya ...

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#264679 - 10/06/14 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Bruce,

This is very nice! We don't hear a lot of reggae on this forum.
The backing vocals are quite unorthodox.
Very original.

Regards,
R & AM

[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos]YouTube Channel

#265093 - 10/09/14 11:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Fun stuff Bruce. Loved it.

Josie

#265221 - 10/10/14 08:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
You don't often get a PS guitar with reggae, brill idea cool

#265248 - 10/11/14 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Bruce,

What a terrific listen! The choice of RTs is inspired genius. You shown us all just how important it is to keep an open mind when auditioning RTs.

I'm heading back for another listen now.

Regards,
Noel

#265249 - 10/11/14 08:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Just One More Day [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Maryland
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Bruce,
Great song and arrangement. Very unique choices. Thanks for sharing.
SD

PG Music News
RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Forum Stats
35187 Members
63 Forums
71601 Topics
623843 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Alexis123, Theo S Guitar, Peter Gregg, BeatCH, downburst

35186 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 408
Matt Finley 233