You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#264860 - 10/07/14 04:28 PM [User Showcase] New Track: Sun Is Shining
Adrian Offline
Enthusiast

After the success of my last CD Life In Slow Motion which was completly Band In A Box created I thought I would start work on the flow up.

Living The Dream will be created in the same way:

Track laid down in ez-keys
Import the midi to biab
Create multiple soloist which are then spliced together to form melody tracks
Add drums from Logic Pro to mix in with real drums
Mix in logic
Master in ozone

First track still in demo is Sun Is Shining

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12936371

Thanks
Adrian

#264926 - 10/07/14 11:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining [Re: Adrian]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is nice. Very smooth and enjoyable.

Charlie

#264932 - 10/08/14 12:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining [Re: Adrian]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
HI Adrian ...

Nice demo. It's a great start that, with a bit of polishing, should be a real nice tune and production! If we may, just one suggestion for your consideration as you move forward with this: The bass line could be moved a little more forward in the mix.

We enjoyed our listen ... thanks! Good luck with it ...

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#264941 - 10/08/14 03:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining [Re: Al-David]
Adrian Offline
Enthusiast

Charlie: thanks for the listen and nice comments!

Alan&Di: thanks for the listen, also thanks for the very helpful comments this is the reason I posted the demo version of this song I like most of us dont have the luxury of somebody else to mix and master my tracks so its great to get input from some virtual ears and I will now look at pushing the bass up in the mix (I have to be honest bass is something I normally hold back a bit only because my very first track I produced was so bass heavy I have tended to shy away a bit.

#265035 - 10/09/14 12:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining [Re: Adrian]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Nicely done!! The title fits the feel. I would probably make the sax a bit wetter, and put a little more attitude on the other tracks. Really nice stuff!! Take care. Greg

#265046 - 10/09/14 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining [Re: Greg Johnson]
Adrian Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Greg I hear you on the other tracks needing a little extra. Will adjust in final mix

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Nicely done!! The title fits the feel. I would probably make the sax a bit wetter, and put a little more attitude on the other tracks. Really nice stuff!! Take care. Greg

#265086 - 10/09/14 11:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining [Re: Adrian]
Loc: Massachusetts
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Massachusetts
Very nice track, great feel, almost galloping, but at about 2 minutes in, I was wishing a bit for a break from the sax. It finally came at around 2:30-2:40, a nice bridge or change-up, which was refreshing, it just felt a little late for me. The sax riffs are well chosen and work well together, creating a texture, but maybe a few earlier "breaths" could make the sax texture a bit less dense.

Thanks for sharing!
Bruce

#265113 - 10/10/14 05:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining [Re: BruceI]
Adrian Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Bruce, I will look at the structure of the track I think and see if I can bring the break forward a little. Thanks for the listen and comments.

Originally Posted By: BruceI
Very nice track, great feel, almost galloping, but at about 2 minutes in, I was wishing a bit for a break from the sax. It finally came at around 2:30-2:40, a nice bridge or change-up, which was refreshing, it just felt a little late for me. The sax riffs are well chosen and work well together, creating a texture, but maybe a few earlier "breaths" could make the sax texture a bit less dense.

Thanks for sharing!
Bruce

#265129 - 10/10/14 08:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining [Re: Adrian]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice bright happy sounding tune.

I too thought the bass was lacking. Don't shy away.... get back up on that mule and ride..... this is why one needs to have a decent studio monitoring system that is trustworthy. You need to hear what's happening in the mix.

I also thought the mix sounded really busy. Let things come and go in the mix. Swap the lead chores back and forth..... pull the busy background down a bit in a solo.... etc....

All together a nice song.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#265134 - 10/10/14 08:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Track: Sun Is Shining [Re: Guitarhacker]
Adrian Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for the listen and comments, I do agree the background is a bit busy in parts at present needs a little pruning here and there espcially round the guitar solo area.

All good stuff all these constructive comments and tips will help shape the final mix.

Cheers

Adrian

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice bright happy sounding tune.

I too thought the bass was lacking. Don't shy away.... get back up on that mule and ride..... this is why one needs to have a decent studio monitoring system that is trustworthy. You need to hear what's happening in the mix.

I also thought the mix sounded really busy. Let things come and go in the mix. Swap the lead chores back and forth..... pull the busy background down a bit in a solo.... etc....

All together a nice song.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Polish for Windows is Here!

Efektem naszej ciężkiej pracy w ostatnim czasie jest m.in. dodanie 80 nowych funkcji i wspaniałej kolekcji nowych dodatków i zawartości, które obejmują 202 RealTracks, nowe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Studia Instrumentalne, Wykonania Artystów, dodatkowe RealDrums "Pojedyncze ", transkrypcje RealDrums, pakiet MultiStyles PAK 1, Pakiet Xtra Styles PAK 10 i wiele innych!

Nowych | Pakiety

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Dutch for Windows is Here!

We zijn bezig geweest en hebben 80 nieuwe functies toegevoegd en een verbazingwekkende collectie van nieuwe inhoud, inclusief 202 RealTracks, nieuwe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumentale Studies, Artiest Uitvoeringen, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums transcripties, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Stijlen PAK 10 en meer!

Nieuwe Functies | Pakketten

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Danish for Windows is Here!

Vi har haft travlt, og har tilføjet 80 nye funktioner og en fantastisk samling af nyt indhold, bl.a. 202 RealTracks, nye RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transsriptioner, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 og meget mere!

Hvan er Nyt | Pakker

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

The latest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 update for Windows enhances the JukeBox, adds a "Set all tracks to this:" option to the MIDI import dialog, improves chord sheet view during playback, and more!

Learn more & download this free update.

Read the patch announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Swedish for Windows is Here!

Vi har varit flitiga och lagt till över 80 nya funktioner och en fantastisk samling av nytt innehåll, innefattande 202 RealTracks, nya RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, med mera!

Paket | Vad är nytt

Forum Stats
34262 Members
67 Forums
69140 Topics
593801 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Rhume123, GoGirlGuitar, jsscsnow01, dberanek, PianoByIsobel

34262 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 198