You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#265776 - 10/16/14 11:09 PM [User Showcase] New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?"
Loc: Maryland
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Dear Forum Friends,
I wrote this song a couple of years ago with a dear friend who suffered a terrible accident which left him paralyzed from the neck down.
The song tells his story of crisis, determination and recovery. At first listen, it may sound anti-religious but it really is an affirmation of the power of faith and determination in our lives.
He provided the story, we crafted it into lyrics and I wrote the music.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12944548

Lots of RTs in this one (Thanks PG).

Style is _ELECROK.STY (ElecRock RealTrks guits (120 RS))
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34),
RealTracks in style: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 694:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockArp Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 697:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120
RealDrums in Style: RockHardModernEv8^2-ClsdHt,OpHt

Thanks for listening.

SpaceDog

#265777 - 10/16/14 11:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I thought the lyrics were well crafted and matched the subject. Even though the music was also solid and nicely produced, the rock, fast driving pace of the music was a bit of a disconnect from the lyrical message for me. I had to listen closely to keep up.

It's a powerful story. Hope all is well with your friend.

Thanks for posting.

Charlie

#265786 - 10/17/14 02:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
It's a good write.

To my ear, the chorus cries out for a "big" multitracked vocal with some room presence instead of the more closely miked sound.

Nice work.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#265807 - 10/17/14 10:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Spacedog,

powerful lyrics and nice arrangement. You forgot to list the lead guitar.
I hope your friend is ok.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#265859 - 10/17/14 06:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Spacedog,

There is some goods and some bads in this song. I like the entire setup and idea of it. The dramatic theme is appealing, so are the lyrics.
The organs sequence works very well. You don't hear that a lot on this forum. The entire tempo of the song also works well.
Some nits also: at first listen the song is kind of long. Vocals could use a little bit more FX, reverb, maybe a bit of delay on the choruses. The guitar fills at the end don't always work.

Just some observations meant to help you along a little.

Regards,
Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#265873 - 10/17/14 09:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Dear Forumites,
Thanks for listening. I appreciate your kind words and feedback.
First, my buddy is doing better than anybody expected but he still has it rough. We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.

Guenter,
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it the lead guitar RT was:
RT 422 Guitar, Electric, Soloist Blues Sw 120 Jack Pearson

Charlie,
I agree the lyrics are a bit fast and dense for rock but it was necssary. I asked my buddy for what he wanted the song to say. We started with three pages of text.

David,
Good suggestion. When I have time, I'll redo the BGVs.

Rob, Thanks. I'm a piano and keyboard player so I play those tracks as much as possible. Although I play guitar as well, I can't compete with the RTs so ilet PG handle that part.
I know what you mean about the lead guitar, I wanted it to sound about discordant and chaotic to try to match the tension of the lyric.
I also agree it is a bit long but it has a lot to say.

Thanks again for listening

SD

#265899 - 10/18/14 10:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi spacedog great lyrics really enjoyed thanks eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#265956 - 10/18/14 09:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Eric,
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for listening.
SD

#265994 - 10/19/14 05:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi SD.

A good song with a brave and uplifting theme.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hope your friend continues to make progress and keeps his positive attitude.

ROG.

#266050 - 10/19/14 05:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Nice tribute with a strong theme.
Enjoyed the listen!

J&B

#266070 - 10/19/14 07:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I was going to say the lyrics were a bit fast also BUT if this is what your buddy wanted then it is perfect!

I am assuming that you played the organ as it did follow the lead. That sounded great!

Super song.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#266155 - 10/20/14 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
SD, Well written. I like the chord progression and the organ solo. The BGV need a little work. But overall a really good song. Tom

#266206 - 10/20/14 09:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

ROG,
Thanks. I appreciate your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
My buddy is doing Okay, considering. The man is a real fighter.

J&B,
Thanks for tuning in.

Mario,
Thanks. I appreciate your input. Yes, I played the B3 organ lead and chords. I try to play as much as I can using the midi-synths.

Tom,
I plan to redo the BGVs. I've only be recording for a couple of years and this was an early piece.
The chord progression is pretty classic. I felt guilty using it again but it has so much to give.
Glad you liked it. Thanks.

Edited by SpaceDog (10/21/14 01:20 PM)

#266208 - 10/20/14 10:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Well done song! It was an ambitious effort and I think you did well. I would put some verb/fx on the vocals. Interesting how crises define and clarify our lives. Good work! Take care. Greg

#266562 - 10/25/14 08:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Greg, All,
Thanks. I took your advance and worked on the vocals a bit. Here's a new version and SOUNDCLOUD link.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12944548
https://soundcloud.com/dcspacedog/is-this-what-faith-got-me

SD

#266826 - 10/29/14 03:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song, "Is This What Faith Got Me?" [Re: SpaceDog]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
HI SD ...

we just listened to the newer version. we liked it!

There are a lot of words, which is not typical of the genre. But you made it work ... nice! we always enjoy when someone challenges convention and wins. Nice tribute to your friend and we hope he continues on the road to improvement. Di and I both are currently being challenged by very serious medical issues, so we can relate to the theme of the song.

We have but one suggestion for your consideration. It is our opinion that the bass track could be brought forward a bit more in the mix. Bass and drums tend to lead the way in this genre and style. the drums work nice as they are, but the bass line could use just a little more punch ... we're referring to volume, not a different approach. Just a thought.

Nice! Ya did good and we enjoyed it! Best to ya ...

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box® is released? There are a few ways to stay informed!

PG Music Newsletter: Click here to subscribe
(If you've registered with us, or purchased from us, you're already on the list!)

Facebook: Click here to "Like" our page!

Twitter: Click here to Follow Us!

We'll also announce any new version or new product release on our Forum... stay tuned!

Forum Stats
33203 Members
68 Forums
66917 Topics
570036 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
svm, Howlwie, blackpocus, SongCrafters, Sean McGrath

33204 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 164
MarioD 153