You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#265910 - 10/18/14 12:59 PM [User Showcase] Animals Are So Cute
Loc: Massachusetts
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

I wrote one other song for my granddaughter's recent second birthday. Stella LOVES animals, and my daughter has taken her to the nearby Stone Zoo several times, and also to Franklin Park, Boston's other zoo. They give names to most of their animals and Stella knows many of them, so I asked my daughter for a list of some of her favorites, not telling her it was for a song. The title came from Stella herself, as her usual animal comment is "so cute!" My wife and younger daughter helped me sing the choruses.

For the video, I got a few pics from my daughter, but again turned to Creative Commons material on Flickr, some of which is really stunning. Except for the newts and a few family shots, all of the animal images in here are from Zoo New England, shared by local photographers. Watch in HD to really appreciate the quality of their work. Detailed credits at the end of the video.

Animals Are So Cute: http://youtu.be/DoTObn2YOkw

Thanks for listening!
Bruce

BIAB Song Memo Info
Mixed and vocals added in Sonar X3.
File:Animals Cute v3 110bpm sw_HANKPS.SGU
Key=G , Tempo 110, Length (m:s)=3:29
4 bar intro, 88 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 92. Repeat x1 chorus
Style is _HANKPS.STY (Med Ctry Sw w PedSteel (120 RS))

RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~528:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~372:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 2121:Mandolin, Soloist CountryShuffleAndy Sw 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleSwing8^5-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat

#265951 - 10/18/14 09:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Animals Are So Cute [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Bruce,

this song is "so cute". Thanks a lot for this wonderful entertainment.
Regards to Stella.

Guenter

#265963 - 10/18/14 11:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Animals Are So Cute [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
You got me tapping my toe with this one!

As usual, you put in some clever rhymes - hirsuit and wet tongue salute.

Everything about this was great.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#265967 - 10/18/14 11:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Animals Are So Cute [Re: BruceI]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Hi Bruce. I'm really enjoying your posts. Quality work with the audio and video.

Charlie

#266081 - 10/19/14 08:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Animals Are So Cute [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Bruce this is fantastic!

I liked the backing tracks, your vocals and harmony partners and the video but what took it over the top for me were your lyrics! WOW I wish that I could write something that good!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#266209 - 10/20/14 10:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Animals Are So Cute [Re: BruceI]
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for the kind words! Sometimes I can wait years and the right lyrics never come, while other times they almost fall out on a walk with the dog, like this one. I had the title from Stella saying "so cute" all the time. Once my daughter gave me a list of her fave zoo animals (Pins the porcupine, Diablo the owl, Xena the llama, Paddy the baby gibbon, etc.), it was almost like a crossword puzzle fitting in the names. I got lucky with Paddy and daddy of course. I also tried to keep it simple -- um, except for hirsute smile.

Now I think I have found my target demographic - 2 year olds! At Stella's party, my ex-wife said, "this is great - you could have been Raffi!" Except there already IS a Raffi, and if I'm going to be someone else, I would go for a Paul (Simon or McCartney would be fine with me).

Thanks again,
Bruce

#266336 - 10/22/14 05:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Animals Are So Cute [Re: BruceI]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi there Bruce,

This is such a fun song!
I like the lyrics and it sounds great!
The vocals are also very okay.

Regards,
Rob

[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos]YouTube Channel

#266346 - 10/22/14 09:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Animals Are So Cute [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Maryland
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Bruce,
This is just precious. Very clever lyrics and so much more fun than Simon and Garfunkel's "At the Zoo" (who needs all that preachy social awareness stuff).
Thanks for sharing your music and family with us.
SD

#266491 - 10/24/14 01:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Animals Are So Cute [Re: BruceI]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
This just made my day, big smiles all around laugh

PG Music News
RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Forum Stats
35193 Members
63 Forums
71608 Topics
623898 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
pbwang1947, Genuvenue, Dominique29, CarwynElmer, CBO

35192 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 409
Matt Finley 234