You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#266937 - 10/30/14 06:19 PM [User Showcase] I'll Give You Everything
Loc: Tennessee
jgottlied Offline
Enthusiast

I wrote this song and recorded it using Real Tracks for all the instrumentation. I apologize that I don't have the exact BB setup but the song was recorded before my old system crashed over a year ago and was a total loss. I dropped each track into Cubase LE for the final mix.

I'll Give You Everything

I'd like to add that I used BB to record many songs and was always very happy with the results. I plan to purchase the latest BB software as soon as I have the money so that I can get back to recording.

#266940 - 10/30/14 07:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi.

An interesting track. There's a rather unusual effect on the vocal, either a short doubling echo or very small room reverb, which is very pronounced. I wasn't sure about it at first but as the song progressed it seemed more and more to suit the track and I finally decided I liked it.

The song has a quite original feel to it, which is always nice and I'm interested to see what you do with your new BiaB when you eventually go for the up-grade.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Good first post.

ROG.

#266946 - 10/30/14 09:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Online   content
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Well, this sounds pretty good for real tracks only!
Quite a shame that you don't have the real track list anymore...
I would love to experiment with this style.

Regards,
Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#266948 - 10/30/14 09:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really cool track!! Very nice straight, simple arrangement and great production. I'd like to ask how you processed the vocal and the drums-both sounded great! Great stuff! Take care. Greg

#266960 - 10/31/14 12:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: ROG]
jgottlied Offline
Enthusiast

I was recording in an about a 225 square foot room with furniture. Usually at that time I would record two or three different vocal tracks or just duplicate one track several times and then set each track either milliseconds forward or back to artificially add echo and to fatten my normally thin vocals. Sometimes I was happier with the results than other times. I would also sometimes add slight chorus and/or reverb effects to different tracks with reduced volume. I really should have taken a lot of notes on my recording setups and procedures, but my main interest was in getting a recorded version of my songs at least a basic level of production. I sometimes would double the drum tracks similar to the vocals or add effects in Cubase, but I think these may have been dropped in Cubase with no changes. I often picked a Real Style I liked and would swap in Real Tracks from other styles or for different instruments. Sometimes I would create solos using non=solo tracks for many different instruments and drop each into Cubase one at a time. I loved experimenting with Band-in-a-Box to get as close to the way I imagined the songs in my head. I think BB is the most amazing tool I ever used in my songwriting. I made many mistakes that I will learn from, such as moving my BB copy from the external drive to my pc's hard drive. Since that pc crashed, I lost all my BB tracks, the program, all my programed songs, and all my recordings in Cubase. Since then I haven't recorded any new songs. I have several written but I am just not financially able to replace my system to get back to recording yet. I truly appreciate the comments and questions and am glad to help as much as I can. After my three children, music is my truest and greatest passion. I love just about all types of music and have tried to write and record in many different styles.

Edited by jgottlied (10/31/14 01:01 AM)

#266961 - 10/31/14 01:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
jgottlied Offline
Enthusiast

I did some digging and found some back-ups I had made of some of my songs on another computer. This song was recorded with the POPBRIT PopBrit 2 guitars 120 style. I am not sure of what if any changes I had made to this particular style and am unable to play the file to see how different it is from the recorded version. I hope that helps some.

#266965 - 10/31/14 03:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum.

What a great first post! I enjoyed the journey. It's a very well put together song. You've got the knack!

Regards,
Noel

#266969 - 10/31/14 07:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
A nice track John! As Noel said, you have the knack, the fours on the snare in the choruses is just right.

John
BIAB 2017
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#266970 - 10/31/14 07:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Very cool song. I really liked the vocal treatment. I normally don't like fx on the vox but this one fit quite nicely as ROG pointed out.

When you are trying to use doubling, the best way is to record a unique track each time rather than to slide or nudge the one track several times. You must still tread carefully but the chances of getting comb filtering are reduced somewhat by using unique tracks.

I use doubling on much of my vocal work in the songs I create.

Great first song for the forum. If you've been away from PG for a few years, you're gonna like the new stuff..... great lead/solo real tracks are in there now.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#266981 - 10/31/14 08:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Welcome, This is a great first song. The vocals work well in this style. Very nice production. I enjoyed it a lot. Tom

#266985 - 10/31/14 08:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

John,

Welcome! A solid first post, for sure. Nicely put together and a good mix. I like the vocal effects - works well for this song.

floyd

#267005 - 10/31/14 11:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi John,

welcome to the forum.
This is a great first song. The vocal effects work well in this genre.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#267010 - 10/31/14 11:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Enjoyed the song. Thought it is well written with a good choice for the real tracks and the mix and vocals fit the song nicely.

Charlie

#267031 - 10/31/14 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Hey John! Welcome to the PGMusic forum! This is an awesome group of talented and encouraging people... And if you want tips, they can do that too!

Regarding your first post: I like it! very engaging... it was a little slow starting due to the long intro, but once you started singing it really grabbed my attention. I can see this song filling the dance floor if you played it at a live gig.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

#267193 - 11/02/14 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Give You Everything [Re: Pat Marr]
jgottlied Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks to all for the gracious welcome. I have enjoyed listening to many of your posts on this forum over the last few days. It makes me that much more eager to get a new copy of Band-in-a-Box and get back to recording.

PG Music News
RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes!

Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video: Click here to watch...

RealBand 2019 is Here!

We've added over 30 new features to RealBand 2019, including Notation Window enhancements, Tracks Window enhancements, StylePicker enhancements - and more! Learn all about this new version here.

Snag your copy of RealBand 2019 with your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase - upgrades on SALE until December 31st - save up to 40%! View all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase options here.

Forum Stats
28397 Members
58 Forums
55123 Topics
458965 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
RexBagonia, DTman, leggy, Michaeljones, prian

28397 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 322
Pipeline 315